• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Tramadol with Wellbutrin+Amisulpride

wells_fargo

Greenlighter
Hi all,

I've been on Wellbutrin (antidepressant) and Amisulpride (antipsychotic) for more than a year and I'd like to know if I can pop one Tramadol 200mg on these medications. The aim is to achieve the opioid effect/trip.

Thanks=D

I wouldn't because Wellbutrin alone lowers the seizure threshold, and so does tramadol, and I am sure the anti-psychotic wouldn't be good to throw into the mix. You don't want to have a seizure, so I wouldn't.

Wellbutrin affects CYP2D6 metabolism making Tramadol to hit harder. Nothing about the seizures and I think that this all hype around tramadol seizures is just panicking. Amisulpride doesnt interact at all with Wellbutrin or Tramadol.

I would recall it safe as 200mg is even a therapeutic dose still.

The seizure thing is NOT hype. You obviously haven't seen someone seize on tramadol. Besides that, while I would not recommend it, you'd probably be alright on Wellbutrin + 200mg tramadol. However, I have no idea what that anti-psychotic brings to the mix so I wouldn't do it for that reason alone.

please do not do this! i've known peole who have had seizures on 50mg tramadol and i myself had a seizure on tramadol at only 200mgs so adding wellbutrin is just asking for trouble, one of the scariest moments of my life

Tramadol is very widely used medication. If you had a seizure it does not mean that OP is going to have. 50mg and 200mg are therapeutical doses.

Hi all,

the antipsychotic amisulpride pretty much dumbs down a lot of dopaminergic activity so as to reduce chances of psychosis and, more frequently, feelings of paranoia and distrustfulness. it works great and has no side effects whatsoever except if i drink a couple of beers i'll get pretty drowsy quick - that's the amisulpride.

the wellbutrin, i have no adverse effects whatsoever as well, and daily cannabis smoking does not interfere with anything as far as i've noticed - for a very long time.

i popped 2 x 200 mg Tramadol years ago when I wasn't under any medication and had a 10-hour opioid trip that i remember clearly today. i would like to have such a trip again but no way am i stopping my meds.

what about the seizures are they really a possibility?

thanks for the answers!

Yes! They really are a possibility! I had a very close friend fall, smack his head on a fridge at a deli while we were at a concert. He seized pretty damn good. I had to call an ambulance and they got him the hell out of there. That was on 250mg and nothing else as far as he claims... depends on the person and their susceptibility to epileptic fits I would imagine.

I wouldn't mix Wellbutrin with Tramadol. Wellbutrin is known to cause seizures as does Tramadol. Certain meds just shouldn't be mixed with Tramadol and the sad thing is, medical profressionals don't really warn you about this. For example, I've mixed diphenhydramine (benadryl) with Tramadol just to help with sleep and it made me feel like I was on the border of a seizure, feeling all cracked out.

wellbutrin+tramadol=extremely bad idea,years ago not knowing better I dosed around 400 mg of trama while on wellbutrin and ended up having a grand mal,mixing tram with any kind of antidepressant that effects serotin is usually pretty regretable,if you feel you must start with low dose and whit to see how you feel on that,make sure you can puke if you start to feel somthing bad coming on

It seems to me that you americans have some gene that makes you seize on tramadol. Or maybe its something on your tap water.

Doctors around here often prescribe SSRIs with tramadols even with over 400mg daily. Doses such as one 300mg three hundred times a day are not rare.

Addicts take over grams of Tramadol and do not seize.

I have never seen a report of tramadol seizure here and I have an access to a government driven societys database that contains all reported cases of drug related issues with epicrisis of course patients name and other personal facts taken off.

How much do you take of each? I was taking Wellbut 150 mg with Amisulp 50 mg and tha was fine. At Wellbutrin 300 mg and the Amisuop, I was knocked flat out in bed all day. Is there too much Wellbutrin?I also took 1 mg ativan, but nothing to knock me out except maybe too much dopamine? Thanks for your reply on dosing these 2 meds, Buffy

Wellbutrin affects CYP2D6 metabolism making Tramadol to hit harder. Nothing about the seizures and I think that this all hype around tramadol seizures is just panicking. Amisulpride doesnt interact at all with Wellbutrin or Tramadol.

I would recall it safe as 200mg is even a therapeutic dose still.

This is old, but I felt I should address it.

200mg is not a therapeutic dose. Maybe in an ER formula...but not at once. The highest therapeutic dose prescribed is 100mg in IR formulas, and the highest amount per day is 8 without any questions about it. I'm prescribed 8/day (and no, they don't fuck me up), and it says on the bottle, "Take 1 or 2 tablets as needed 4 times per day-MAX 8." They only make ER's up to 300, just in case for some reason the mechanism doesn't work and the user gets all of the drug delivered at once. I've read about people seizing at 400mgs. This drug is hardly recreational from any stand point and is not one to fuck around with. And I'm also prescribed Wellbutrin and it does lower the seizure threshold.

How much do you take of each? I was taking Wellbut 150 mg with Amisulp 50 mg and tha was fine. At Wellbutrin 300 mg and the Amisuop, I was knocked flat out in bed all day. Is there too much Wellbutrin?I also took 1 mg ativan, but nothing to knock me out except maybe too much dopamine? Thanks for your reply on dosing these 2 meds, Buffy

From what I understand Bupropion (generic Wellbutrin) only plays on the norepinephrine neurotransmitters so It shouldn't sedate you, it should pep you up a little bit actually.

Hi all,

the antipsychotic amisulpride pretty much dumbs down a lot of dopaminergic activity so as to reduce chances of psychosis and, more frequently, feelings of paranoia and distrustfulness. it works great and has no side effects whatsoever except if i drink a couple of beers i'll get pretty drowsy quick - that's the amisulpride.

the wellbutrin, i have no adverse effects whatsoever as well, and daily cannabis smoking does not interfere with anything as far as i've noticed - for a very long time.

i popped 2 x 200 mg Tramadol years ago when I wasn't under any medication and had a 10-hour opioid trip that i remember clearly today. i would like to have such a trip again but no way am i stopping my meds.

what about the seizures are they really a possibility?

thanks for the answers!

It didn't do much to you because the 200mg ones are extended release that last for 24 hours. So it was like you took a 400mg ER one if they had one. The most you ever had in your system at all was 100mgs or less. I've looked at the prescribing information before. Scroll down and look at the graphs, it's showing blood concentrations of Tramadol with the ER formulation (the smooth line) in comparison with the blood concentration with the one of the 50mg IR (the sharp peaks and valleys) ones (which is the only size they make in IR) being administered 4 times per day.

Wellbutrin(Bupropion) should not be administered with Amisulpride unless your doctor feels the benefit outweighs the risk of QT prolongation or Torsades de Pointes.

Bupropion also is a strong inhibitor of CYP2D6 which converts the nearly inactive Tramadol to O-DesmethylTramadol, which has 200 times the μ-affinity of (+)-tramadol, and furthermore has an elimination half-life of 9 hours, compared with 6 hours for tramadol itself.

And with bunch of benzo to prevent seizure ?

This is not a sound plan for seizure prophylaxis. While some benzos are great for this purpose, other short acting ones or those with poor anticonvulsant properties would not be sufficient. Mixing with Tramadol is not a good idea either as it's still mixing (a bunch of) benzos with opioids, even weak ones.

The risk of seizures with Wellbutrin is actually kind of overblown (the risk much lower than it used to be now that they switched to a slow release formulation), but with the antipsychotic and tramadol in the mix, I'd still be worried. Too many unknowns here, not sure it's worth the risk.