• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tramadol -- which of these 3 oral routes works best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColoradoBoy90

Bluelighter
Okay, so I used to take Tramadol as normal. Just take 100-200mg orally. Then 1-2 hours later I felt kinda happy, talkative, but that kinda died off. Even 50mg worked for me sometimes!! And I just came from a over 100mg daily use of oxy (like 140mg a day? Or so) and switched STRAIGHT to Tramadol, no tapering or anything...

But back to question. Which works better for me feeling the "high" and "effects" better. I mean I could take 30mg oxycodone IR right now and just get tired. If I take 300mg Tramadol (spread out over 1-2 hours) then I feel a medium opioid feeling, but mostly it's serotonin action making me confident, talkative, etc.
SO HOW TO TAKE IT?

1.) Just take the pills orally. Now question is should I take 50mg, wait 15 mins, take 50mg more, wait 20 mins, take 50mg more, wait 20 mins then take 50mg more ( 200mg total spread out a little) or just take 200mg all at once orally? I heard that having Tramadol already in your system increases bioavailability... So that's why I wondered if spreading out like that is better.
2.) Parachuting 200mg or so at once. How long will it take to kick in this way? And it doesn't increase BA at all, not even like a few percent does it?
3.) This is the way I have been taking it recently: putting 100mg in a pill crusher, then literally just pouring all the powder into my mouth, and washing down the nasty taste with soda or something flavored. Then I often repeat later, as I try to "space it Out" to increase BA. But again that might just be a theory. So would it be better if I just took 200mg at once crushed up In powder and downed it all at once?ALSO: does CRUSHING IT into powder, then downing the powder orally, does that help increase BA at all? Or does it only make it kick in much faster? IF SO, how much fast does it kick in when I crush them into powder and down them? To me it seems like just a few minutes, but I dunno.

Lastly, I know snorting Tramadol is bad due to fillers, but then again so are ALL pills! Just some have more powder in them and fillers. But I recall Tramadol in very small football like shape pill, meaning same powder as say an oxycodone with no APAP. So would snorting it sometimes that small be that bad? The smaller bits have like half the powder the common mylan generics do.

Or any other other tricks? What about FATTY food? I notice heavy boost but some foods boost it 10x better than other foods. It's cause I read online a CERTAIN type of fat boosts them the more. How long before or after to boost it? What kinda fat? Is it trans fats or mono fats that boost opiates/opioids the most? I believe I read mono sat fats..

Last edited:
Why overcomplicate such a fleeting, weak high? Crushing them would presumably speed up absorption, but I'm not totally sold on staggering the doses. I've used low dose tramadol quite a bit to battle dopesickness, and just as couple of 50mg pills would set me straight and I noticed that they take effect very quickly orally.

Hiya, I'm on 300mg tramadol a day for fibromyalgia pain, I bite & chew the 150mg pills to bypass the prolonged release, I also find that is the best way to get pain relief, plus the opiate benefits. With all the fillers & binders in them I would avoid snorting them, they will kill your nose. I have heard of the fatty food thing alright, but I take everything on an empty tummy, I find that this works best for me.

Tramadol isn't some weak fleeting high, if dosed right the high can last over 8 hours and that is 8 hours of a consistent opiate mood boost, at least that's my experience. What I liked to do was take 50mg every every 15-20 minutes until I hit my desired dose. That kind of dosing seemed most effective in terms of prolonging the high.

Also snorting tram isn't gonna do shit. I haven't tried snorting but I've plugged tramadol and it was extremely dissapointing so I assume any method of administration that bypasses first pass metabolism is gonna make tram weaker.

^^Exactly. 300mg Tramadol I feel more than a 30mg oxy IR. As Tramadol I can "feel more" for whatever reason. The fact that it releases a lot serotonin in my brain (and reuptakes it) makes me feel it, a lot. Oxy/etc doesn't touch serotonin even close to like Tramadol does.

I'm going to just try taking them as normal every 15-20 mins and see how that works.

I only crushed them because I wake up sick (with chills, coughing, about to puke, etc) so I crushed Tramadol up and downed it, and it made it go away in like 5 mins. That's only reason I crushed Tramadol... but maybe just taking 50mg orally every 20 mins is best idea.

As when I crushed them I had to literally swish the powder around in my mouth with soda to get it all down, so maybe it didn't all hit evenly. Plus some powder always stick to the pill crushers.

BTW... would ULDN (ULTRA low does Naltrexone) or any med help for preventing Tramadol tolerance? I assume for the opioid part ULDN would help, but not the SNRI effects. Hmm.

Yeah def try that staggering method and if you are gonna crush any of the pills crush the first one so it kicks in faster to potentiate the rest of them. I wouldn't crush anymore of them since its just a detriment to the duration.

Tramadol doesn't seem to have as significant of a cross tolerance to other conventional opioids. My tramadol tolerance definitely doesn't scale up with any other opiate. Even when I was taking over 100mg of hydrocodone just for mediocre buzz I could drop ~400mg of tram and be high all day. I doubt ULDN would have a huge effect on tram tolerance but you could always try it and see what happens.

Sounds like the point got across. I do not feel there is any more need for discussion, based on the harm reduction point to this thread. Closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.