• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tramadol Megathread

Have you taken codeine? I think you also more easily convert it into morphine, right?

Yours seems like a blessing hahaha. You don't notice many side effects from being an ultra metabolizer?

I decided to quit tramadol for both a psychological and an economic issue, I was spending too much money on tram and tapentadol and now I am unemployed. I was taking circa 2000 mg of tramadol and 1000 mg of tapentadol everyday. INSANE. I want to give my opioid receptors a break, but I find that my receptors ask me for sugar all day. I hate that. The depression still continues but every day I feel a little better. I was thinking of taking Venlafaxine / Effexor (structurally similar to tramadol) to improve my mood. What do you think of it?

I'm glad to know that your mother it's better, my friend. 👏

My regards @DeathIndustrial88

Damn man, I'm really sorry to hear that! My finances are not good right now either, so even if I had access to a dealer, I wouldn't be able to afford it.
That blows. :( I wish I had more uplifting things to say about life without trams, but I've been there and know exactly how soul crushing the depressive feelings from it can be. It gets better though, I promise!

I was unsuccessful with Effexor. I tried it twice. Once in my late 20's and again the past year or so. The first time I tried it, it gave me manic-like energy & I got really emotional. Feeling manic kind of felt good after being depressed with no energy for so long. It didn't feel anything like tramadol at all, in any dose though, surprisingly.
Apparently Effexor is an SSRI in lower doses and then becomes an SNRI in higher doses and even effects dopamine receptors. It did give me a very strange "high" in the higher doses, but it did not feel good. It would give me crazy insomnia and nausea.

Anyway, I discontinued effexor after taking it sporadically for a year. I decided to give it a try again about a year ago, but my experience was different this time. I don't know why. maybe it's just me getting older, but this time I didn't get any sort of manic energy from it. It would just make me feel really twitchy, yawn every 5 seconds and intense sick to my stomach feeling. So I decided to just give up on it altogether.

I was also stupid once and mixed high doses of Effexor with DXM. I think I might have had convulsions or a seizure that day. My toes started curling up uncontrollably and I couldn't stand up right on my legs because my legs were shaking so bad. I knew this wasn't good, so I had my mom bring me some klonopin while I laid on the floor and I immediately took it under the tongue to stop whatever convulsions or seizure was happening to me and after about an hour, I started to get better. So, I didn't actually use Effexor correctly or in the safest manner either. lol :p I couldn't handle the side effects from it, but the manic energy it gave me helped me get shit done, so I would take it for a few days and then stop and get some real drugs, rather than taking it daily like I should have. They say most SSRIs/SNRIs take weeks to show any effect and while that may be true, I've always been able to "feel" antidepressants in my system the very first day I take them. And then after a few days I can kinda gauge how it's going to affect me in the long term and if it's worth it. I would pretty much use high dose Effexor when I couldn't get any real drugs, because it provided a dirty, stimulant-like buzz, but it would disappear pretty quick and the side effects like twitchy, yawning, nausea, etc.. would get worse.

Maybe you will have a more positive experience from it though! I think it can definitely help, especially after long term tramadol use. Effexor comes with it's own brutal and potentially damaging withdrawals as well. :\

Hope you had a great weekend Supersonic! :)

Shit I relapsed and took 2000mg of tramadol plus alcohol and other shit. I don't know if it was boredom or the booze that made me relapse. Now I feel like I stepped back and went back to square one. I think I'm going to try kratom or buprenorphine to quit this for good. :mad:

@DeathIndustrial88 I've taken Venlafaxine in the past prescribed by my psychiatrist back then and once just for experiment I took a high dose and also felt a weird high haha. I don't remember that there was any euphoria, but curiously all the anxiety disappeared and I felt and good energetic hit at the beggining but the comedown was a terrible insomnia, apathy and náusea. No muscle jerks or tremors luckiky.

Shit I relapsed and took 2000mg of tramadol plus alcohol and other shit. I don't know if it was boredom or the booze that made me relapse. Now I feel like I stepped back and went back to square one. I think I'm going to try kratom or buprenorphine to quit this for good. :mad:

@DeathIndustrial88 I've taken Venlafaxine in the past prescribed by my psychiatrist back then and once just for experiment I took a high dose and also felt a weird high haha. I don't remember that there was any euphoria, but curiously all the anxiety disappeared and I felt and good energetic hit at the beggining but the comedown was a terrible insomnia, apathy and náusea. No muscle jerks or tremors luckiky.
It was most likely the Alcohol, brother, that made you relapse.

I had just stopped prescribed oc oxycontin from 260mg/day (started slipping and understood to stop) and got trams 1200mg/day and 360mg/day codeine to carry on.

Most people I know that like tramadol for other then pain like the stimulation it gives. Many has said here it's from opioid effects but I beg to differ. I wouldn't use any other opioid daily for pain then tramadol because it gives me some strange energy and tolerance for pain effects doesn't raise for me, which also indicates it's not only opioid effect.

I know tramadols pharmacology but for example tricyclics or snris doesn't touch my pain or mood even when taken with opioids. Pure opioids starts to cause me hyperalgesia at some point independent of dose or substance.
Man your lucky, I'm in extreme pain most of the time because of my shoulder, and all my doctors give me is Ibuprofen, which doesn't do anything, all because of the opiod scare.

I take it they're not scared in Finland to prescribe opiods as they are here in the US?

Zoplicone :
"The elimination half-life is approximately 5 hours at the recommended doses."

This means that 5 hours after you dose, the amount of zoplicone in your system will drop by half. And then after another 5 hours it will drop by half again.
So say you took 10mg of zoplicone (not sure what dosages you have or what they come in), but 5 hours after you take it, you will still have 5mg in your system. Then in another 5 hours you will have 2.5mg in your system and so on and so forth. So you'd probably need a good 24-48hrs for it to complete leave your system.

Etizolam :
"elimination half-life of 7-15 hours, a distribution volume of 0.7-1.1 L/kg, and a biological availability of 93% for etizolam."

Same principal applies here. Say you took 20mg of etizolam (I have never used this drug, so I'm not sure what dosages it comes in, so this is just hypothetical). But say you took 20mg, in anywhere between 7-15 hours, it will drop to 10mg still in your system. And then after another 7-15hrs it will drop to 5mg in your system.
So depending on dosage, I would say to give yourself anywhere from 48-72hrs clean from etizolam before taking any tests. However if your doses are much lower (like say 2mg), you could possibly pass a test after 48hrs since the amount left in your body after such a small dose probably wouldn't register.

Hope this helps man.
I took 20 mgs of Zoplicone last night instead of ambien and I was wide awake.

Man your lucky, I'm in extreme pain most of the time because of my shoulder, and all my doctors give me is Ibuprofen, which doesn't do anything, all because of the opiod scare.

I take it they're not scared in Finland to prescribe opiods as they are here in the US?
They sure are but as long as you have real medical reason, understanding pain doctor and you follow the directions it's possible. Our government attacks doctors who prescribes abusable meds but as one very high position doctor said to me; as long as the paperworks are done correctly they can send endless amount of notices but can't do anything else.

I tapered all my meds few years ago and went two years without opioids. My life quality is so much better when taking some meds. I don't use alcohol at all and try to take as little meds as possible.

Shit! Yeah alcohol is no good if you don't wanna relapse. One of the reasons I quit drinking after 15 years.
I'd drink and instead of calming my cravings for drugs, it would actually make them WORSE. I would get seriously emotional and violent until I could find better drugs. lol Drinking usually resulted in me going out to meet some one or doing more drugs. So it definitely could have played a role, but even just in general quitting drugs is incredibly hard. Try not to beat yourself up over though Supersonic! :)

haha, we aren't the only ones I've heard of who have reported some kind of "high" from venlafaxine. I don't remember it ever being very euphoric either, but it did offer some mild tingles. Some one coming off over a gram of tramadol is probably gonna need some kind of extra help or boost. Hell man, it was difficult for me to get below 400mg for the longest time.

Shit! Yeah alcohol is no good if you don't wanna relapse. One of the reasons I quit drinking after 15 years.
I'd drink and instead of calming my cravings for drugs, it would actually make them WORSE. I would get seriously emotional and violent until I could find better drugs. lol Drinking usually resulted in me going out to meet some one or doing more drugs. So it definitely could have played a role, but even just in general quitting drugs is incredibly hard. Try not to beat yourself up over though Supersonic! :)

haha, we aren't the only ones I've heard of who have reported some kind of "high" from venlafaxine. I don't remember it ever being very euphoric either, but it did offer some mild tingles. Some one coming off over a gram of tramadol is probably gonna need some kind of extra help or boost. Hell man, it was difficult for me to get below 400mg for the longest time.

Thanks for your words bro @DeathIndustrial88 . Besides mentioning that alcohol is very dangerous to take with tramadol in even more gigantic doses. In the past, I had drunk (without a tram) and it had not caused a relapse, but this time it was accompanied by a slightly difficult personal moment, so I went back to the same old thing.

Interestingly, my father takes venlafaxine and it worked perfect for him. He is less sad, anxious, irritable, and happier and more cheerful. It seems to me that he takes 75 mg a day, I don't remember how much I took in the past but I did notice that it works much more than sertraline e.g.

in 2019 all of a sudden i started to have pain... log story short it was Sciatic and it was hard to do ordinary things.. like going to the restroom and getting my pants off then sitting down then cleaning my ass... it was whole process and it was hard.

I tried weed and that didn't help at all! till i tried Tramadol... that was the only thing that really took the pain away.. i didn't get addicted to it but it did help. I got Tramadol down in Mexico cause it's OTC there.

Thank goodness for that it did help me tremendously

I have a question, i abused on Xanax for 6 days total 15mg. Max per day was 4mg.

Its the third day not taking it, if I get High on tramadol will I have now more risk of seizure? Because of Xanax abuse last days?

in 2019 all of a sudden i started to have pain... log story short it was Sciatic and it was hard to do ordinary things.. like going to the restroom and getting my pants off then sitting down then cleaning my ass... it was whole process and it was hard.

I tried weed and that didn't help at all! till i tried Tramadol... that was the only thing that really took the pain away.. i didn't get addicted to it but it did help. I got Tramadol down in Mexico cause it's OTC there.

Thank goodness for that it did help me tremendously

I too have suffered from sciatica and I know what it feels like and how painful and annoying its. In my case, I had a herniated disc (l5s1) and they also prescribed tramadol. Me too, tried many drugs and none worked for me like tramadol (and I could add pregabalin as well).

I'm happy for you and I congratulate you for not abusing your medication. Despite having abused and addicted to tramadol, I believe the risks of addiction and abuse are low compared to other painkillers.

I have a question, i abused on Xanax for 6 days total 15mg. Max per day was 4mg.

Its the third day not taking it, if I get High on tramadol will I have now more risk of seizure? Because of Xanax abuse last days?

It's a somewhat difficult question. I'm not an expert, but 6 days doesn't seem like "too much" to me. I don't think there's a great risk of seizures from benzos. But, if we put tramadol into the equation it's a bit more complicated. As a personal experience: I've taken tramadol after bingeing for more than 6 days on alprazolam too, but it's because I've a tolerance and addiction to tramadol (I've been taking it for two years), never had a seizure, no one in my family has ever had one, etc.

Did you suffer any withdrawal symptoms from your 6-day binge on Xanax?

I too have suffered from sciatica and I know what it feels like and how painful and annoying its. In my case, I had a herniated disc (l5s1) and they also prescribed tramadol. Me too, tried many drugs and none worked for me like tramadol (and I could add pregabalin as well).

I'm happy for you and I congratulate you for not abusing your medication. Despite having abused and addicted to tramadol, I believe the risks of addiction and abuse are low compared to other painkillers.

It's a somewhat difficult question. I'm not an expert, but 6 days doesn't seem like "too much" to me. I don't think there's a great risk of seizures from benzos. But, if we put tramadol into the equation it's a bit more complicated. As a personal experience: I've taken tramadol after bingeing for more than 6 days on alprazolam too, but it's because I've a tolerance and addiction to tramadol (I've been taking it for two years), never had a seizure, no one in my family has ever had one, etc.

Did you suffer any withdrawal symptoms from your 6-day binge on Xanax?

Can't sleep well and very rare body zap 1 per two days, but before that binge I had a Tramadol Binge for 5 Days. So this very mild withdrawl can be from these two binges together.

I wont do Tramadol I will let 2 weeks pass to use it again, but I'm curious about seizure. I consume it when I'm on bed but I'm alone, kinda scared of dying with a seizure.

Can't sleep well and very rare body zap 1 per two days, but before that binge I had a Tramadol Binge for 5 Days. So this very mild withdrawl can be from these two binges together.

I wont do Tramadol I will let 2 weeks pass to use it again, but I'm curious about seizure. I consume it when I'm on bed but I'm alone, kinda scared of dying with a seizure.

Great choice my friend. Seizures are scary shit. I've never had a seizure, but I know there is a type of seizure that can be life-threatening or deadly but I don't know if it is the kind that tramadol causes. Honestly, I've never really understood what causes seizures in tramadol, the SSRI-SNRI aspect or the opioid? The combination? Interesting topic anyway, I will look for more info about it.

Great choice my friend. Seizures are scary shit. I've never had a seizure, but I know there is a type of seizure that can be life-threatening or deadly but I don't know if it is the kind that tramadol causes. Honestly, I've never really understood what causes seizures in tramadol, the SSRI-SNRI aspect or the opioid? The combination? Interesting topic anyway, I will look for more info about it.

Thanks fam, and with this pause my tolerance will fall a lil bit right ?

I believe it's the increase in neurotransmitters, like serotonin and norepinephrine that can cause seizures. When these neurotransmitters get too high in the brain, they can go haywire and the brain starts misfiring.

or at least that's how I think it happens. I'm not finding much info showing what exactly it is about tramadol that makes an able to produce seizures. I believe tramadol also works on some of the nicotine-receptors. Drugs like welbutrin also interact with the nicotine receptors and is another drug known for notoriously causing seizures.

Aren't all opiates/opioids technically "convulsants" too? Since they inhibit gaba. Maybe this (which would lower seizure threshold) , combined with the added nicotine receptor activity and the SNRI profile makes it so that seizures are possible.

I've heard that people can have grand mal seizures on high dose tramadol too, which is one of the scary/can be fatal type seizures.

Anyways, thought I'd say hello and wish you well Supersonic! Curious to see if you find any other info about what directly causes the seizure aspect of tramadol. Damn, I wish I had some right now. lol

Tramadol has various mechanisms to lower the seizure threshold.

At least for me I get my tolerance back to 0 in some time off but back to what I was in one day.

It can cause seizures at therapeutic dose so taking heroic doses is actually very dangerous and to me seems kinda wrong.
Even as a ultra rapid metaboliser, tramadol at over 300mg causes such a bad rebound symptoms that if I want more opioid effects I'll take something else.

Yes, it's, but if you use it every day, in a couple of days you will eventually reach the last dose you took. What dose were you taking?
My max dose wss 300mg within 7 hours. I don't know if its to high or not in this period of time .

And one thing I never get naused when using, just the next day...is that normal?

Can you take 400 mg of Tramadol spaced out in 2 hour intervals and take Claritin D that has pseudoephedrine in it? And I’ve also taken Primatene Mist for asthma.