• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tramadol high

Status
Not open for further replies.

South_Darkens

Greenlighter
Help with tramadol

Hi! I was wondering if i should take more tramadol? Cause I already snorted 200 mg and parachuted another 200 mg, its been more than an hour and i don't feel anything yet :(

Last edited:
I'm on 600 mg now, and nothing at the moment, does my benzo tolerance have something to do with it?

No benzo tolerance has nothing to do with it; most people don't really find tramadol abuse worthy.

DON'T take anymore if it hasn't hit you by now you're not gonna get anything out of it and anymore and are putting yourself at risk of a seizure with doses higher than that.

I used to be prescribed that stuff; so glad when I was off it since it gave me too many side effects.

Does your Tramadol contain acetaminophen (paracetamol) ? also don't snort it. It is a waste. The search function of the site is your friend here so i suggest with regard to future questions to start there first.

I found this thread which is very relevant to your question - http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/848812-Tramadol-high-how-much?

Stay safe :)

It only contains 100 mg of tramadol Hydrochloride, it's funny but the only times i felt something was when i snorted it, but it only lasted a few minutes :( also thanks for the thread :) i didn't see it before

No problem. Happy to help. It seems that the tramadol high only happens for some people. Is it for pain management or purely for recreational use?

No problem. Happy to help. It seems that the tramadol high only happens for some people. Is it for pain management or purely for recreational use?

I used it because i didn't have kpin, I'm kinda dependant of benzos, also i needed to calm my anxiety (even though i know it's not a bdz and it's meant to treat pain, not anxiety), and also for recreational use. I have lots of tremor in my hands, and when i don't have klonopin I also sweat a lot and have negative thoughts, I literally spend a whole day thinking about suicide or cutting myself.

I think it worked for me to chill a little bit and to avoid those symptoms, but its recreational value was almost non-existent

I used it because i didn't have kpin, I'm kinda dependant of benzos, also i needed to calm my anxiety (even though i know it's not a bdz and it's meant to treat pain, not anxiety), and also for recreational use. I have lots of tremor in my hands, and when i don't have klonopin I also sweat a lot and have negative thoughts, I literally spend a whole day thinking about suicide or cutting myself.

Im sorry to hear that you are having such a hard time. I am also currently on benzo's and am dreading the day that i might have to taper. I am going to recommend that a mod move this thread to TDS so we can discuss this aspect of your post further and hopefully your post can get better responses. :)

Ok all the mods are offline atm so i just reported my post and asked if it could be moved lol. I have no idea if that's a way to do it but hey. Im pretty new here as well.

What i wanted to ask you is if you are on any antiDepressant Medications atm like ssri's or snri's or tricyclic antidepressants along with the benzo's and if you find them helpfull in any way.

It's fine to report a post if you think it needs to be moved, but this still seems relevant to OD at this time. A new thread started in TheDarkSide with a title related to cutting, benzo WD, substituting meds for psych problems, etc. would be best. The search engine will bring up many more Tramadol threads if you're still curious @South_Darkens, but I agree with the above posters that Tramadol isn't worth abusing with the risk/ reward ratio.

I personally still get a feeling of euphoria of tramadol with the other meds im taking and i hardly ever go above the 400mg tramadol dose. But as I have read and seen Tramadol is not for everyone and a lot have more of a negative exp if any exp at all when using it. So its another med that differs from person to person

Snorting tramadol may actually be counterproductive - tramadol itself is only a weak opioid; it's the de-methylated metabolite that is significantly stronger. When you snort the tramadol, much of it will bypass the liver, and there will thus be less of the metabolite produced.

What's worse, the un-metabolized tramadol is also a serotonin reuptake inhibitor, which may cause serotonin syndrome in people who are already on antidepressants.

Just because tramadol is generally regarded as a "mild" opioid with a lower abuse potential doesn't mean it is "safer" than the classic natural and semi-synthetic opioids. In fact, when used for recreational purposes, it is arguably more dangerous due to the risk of seizures at doses of a few hundred milligrams.

It's fine to report a post if you think it needs to be moved, but this still seems relevant to OD at this time. A new thread started in TheDarkSide with a title related to cutting, benzo WD, substituting meds for psych problems, etc. would be best. The search engine will bring up many more Tramadol threads if you're still curious @South_Darkens, but I agree with the above posters that Tramadol isn't worth abusing with the risk/ reward ratio.

Thanks for informing me about correct post moving protocol. I also agree that this thread still fits in the OD forum. Also yes lots of hits using the bluelight search function on tramadol threads. lots of good info out there. TY Jekyl Anhydride.

Snorting tramadol may actually be counterproductive - tramadol itself is only a weak opioid; it's the de-methylated metabolite that is significantly stronger. When you snort the tramadol, much of it will bypass the liver, and there will thus be less of the metabolite produced.

What's worse, the un-metabolized tramadol is also a serotonin reuptake inhibitor, which may cause serotonin syndrome in people who are already on antidepressants.

Just because tramadol is generally regarded as a "mild" opioid with a lower abuse potential doesn't mean it is "safer" than the classic natural and semi-synthetic opioids. In fact, when used for recreational purposes, it is arguably moredangerous due to the risk of seizures at doses of a few hundred milligrams.

I also strongly agree with Hodor. As i previously mentioned snorting is a waste and as hodor points out also a danger.

The ssri properties of tramadol are one of the reasons i was wondering if you are on any antidepressants @ South_Darkens.

Im partly interested to see if you'r on any, if you feel they help at all. Also i'm concerned that if you are any. That tramadol + antidepressants can cause Serotonin syndrome.

Feel free to reply. There is no judgment here. Only advice.

Stay safe friend :)

Thanks for informing me about correct post moving protocol. I also agree that this thread still fits in the OD forum. Also yes lots of hits using the bluelight search function on tramadol threads. lots of good info out there. TY Jekyl Anhydride.

I also strongly agree with Hodor. As i previously mentioned snorting is a waste and as hodor points out also a danger.

The ssri properties of tramadol are one of the reasons i was wondering if you are on any antidepressants @ South_Darkens.

Im partly interested to see if you'r on any, if you feel they help at all. Also i'm concerned that if you are any. That tramadol + antidepressants can cause Serotonin syndrome.

Feel free to reply. There is no judgment here. Only advice.

Stay safe friend :)

Thanks for your concern, i'm currently on 20 mg Lexapro and 2 mg of klonopin, lexapro helps to stabilize my mood, so i'm not too euphoric or depressed, i tried 300 mg of tramadol the next day and didn't feel anything, so i guess i'll stick with benzos only. Thanks a lot for all of the replies, i'm really grateful for your concern, i'll stay safe, hope you do too! :)

No benzo tolerance has nothing to do with it; most people don't really find tramadol abuse worthy.

DON'T take anymore if it hasn't hit you by now you're not gonna get anything out of it and anymore and are putting yourself at risk of a seizure with doses higher than that.

I used to be prescribed that stuff; so glad when I was off it since it gave me too many side effects.

This stuff can cause seizures at regular dosages.

Tramadol and an SSRI medication can cause serotonin syndrome. You need to discontinue usage of the Tramadol.
Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.