• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tramadol Half Life/Stimulants

elstongunn39

Bluelighter
So I'm prescribed Ritalin/focalin for ADD and have been not taking it, and taking some tramadol. I know they're dangerous to combine, but how many days should I leave between them. I mean I'm out of tramadol but how long do I have to wait before I can take ritalin again? I know what the half-life of tramadol is but I don't know what that means functionally/practically

A substance is pretty much out of your system after 5-7 half life's, metabolites not included. For tramadol you have to take the main metabolite into account, because it's a stronger mu agonist and a NRI, I think the half life of o-desmethyltramadol is around 9 hours

By 4 days all tramadol and it's main metabolite should be out of his system, then it's safe to take another drug.
Don't forget that we're a harm reduction forum and yes, 2 days should be enough, but better be safe than sorry..

does all of a drug literally have to be out of your system before it is safe to act as if it is essentially not active in your system? this is one of the reasons I asked this question, like it seems like doctors often treat drugs more like they are done with not after 5 half lives but only one--for ex. doctors tell me not to drink until my ritalin wears off by which they mean a good six hours later, not 5 half lives... Is there stuff to do with receptor desensitization that would mean that a tiny bit of a drug in your system won't be active because your body was just used to a way larger amount???? idk, sorry for the ignorance and I think i'm phrasing this poorly but I think you know what I'm getting at?

It depends on how much amphetamine you're taking. If it's a low, therapeutic dose, I think you'd be fine after a day or two. If you're taking larger, recreational doses, you should wait a few days.

Also, if you're seizure prone, you should wait at least four days

Low, therapeutic dose of methylphenidate--10 mg twice a day. however it sometimes hits me pretty significantly when I haven't taken it for awhile so i just wanna make sure the tramadol is pretttyyy much out of my system before i take it

I unknowingly used to combine tramadol and Adderall all the time until I found out you shouldn't do that. It never gave me problems but it very well could have. I would say after 2 days the tramadol is no longer affecting seratonin.

I unknowingly used to combine tramadol and Adderall all the time until I found out you shouldn't do that. It never gave me problems but it very well could have. I would say after 2 days the tramadol is no longer affecting seratonin.

I've also taken them together without a problem, but it was always at low doses of each. I think you can get into trouble if you're seizure prone or if you're taking higher doses.

Something concerning is that OP has also mentioned using xanax, clonazepam, and gabapentin. I would worry that if hes rebounding from a xanax or clonazepam dose while taking tramadol and aderall they might run into problems.

i have never had a benzo habit and have not taken 'em for a good two weeks at all, so i would say that probably won't be a factor

I would still reccomend waiting a couple days before using the methylphenidate

I've noticed some pretty strong synergy between kratom and stims. Not enough is really known about kratom to accurately assess potential interactions, but IIRC kratom also has some serotonergic activity. I would avoid taking them together, but if you do, just start low with both and very carefully titrate up your dose.

i'm not tryna take them together, more interested in knowing how many days should i leave between them? the same as tramadol?