• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tramadol for the first time, wow. Questions

RevolutioZ

Greenlighter
I tried Tramadol for the first time yesterday. Started with 2*50mg and waited 2 hours, didn't feel anything at this point so took another 2 and waited another hour, still not much so took 2 more so 300 mg was my dose. After that I finally felt "it". Strong euphoria/motivation that lasted for about 6 hours. The other effects lasted for 12 hours +. I was drinking coke and playing Nintendo64 all night, fuckin magic man =D I only plan on taking Tramadol 2-4 times a month, on the weekends. I try to vary my intake with other drugs to avoid addiction. For example weekend 1 tramadol, weekend 2 benzo, weekend 3 cannabis and weekend 4 lyrica. And IF i must take two days in a row, never the same substance(f.e. this saturday I drank alcohol and took tramadol on sunday). I don't take anything on the weekdays.

Some questions I have afterwards.
I read somewhere today that it can take up to 3 hours for Tramadol to reach its full effect, is this true? Maybe I refilled to early? Does this mean I now have a "ground tolerance" at 300 mg, or can I try like 150 mg next time and wait a little longer to see if it works?

I am suffering from depression. 2016 was a totally clean year for me, didn't even drink alcohol once. The reason is I was withdrawing from benzos, after like 6 months I was pretty much back to normal. But I am still suffering from depression over a year after. I was thinking, just wait it out it will go away. It is clear to me that it never had anything to do with the benzos, as I was depressed before, for a very long time. I know I am depressed because nothing is fun, I can't motivate myself to do things I used to like etc. Now the interesting thing is when I took Tramadol, that gave me the motivation to start playing a game I had been planning all year to play(but never had the motivation). Yeah, I know its a drug, lol. But I read that it increases Serotonin and Noradrenaline in the brain, much like a SSRI/SNRI. The weird thing is, even after a year, benzos and codeine still doesn't give me the "high". It can't be tolerance after this long time. So I was thinking, maybe I am not feeling the high, because I am simply too depressed and I lack some kind of neurotransmitter(like Serotonin) as Tramadol give me a STRONG high. Maybe I should try Tram and a low dose of benzos just to try this hypothesis out sometime.

Does anyone have something to say about this? Because I am planning to try 5-HTP and L-tyrosine to increase my Serotonin and keep the Dopamine at normal levels. And if that doesn't work for my depression, well I guess I am going to have to try antidepressants or something.
And no, I won't mix Tramadol with 5-HTP or SSRI, don't worry.

If youre looking for opiate-esque effects, then you need to give it time to metabolize into O-desmethyltramadol which is much more potent on the opioid receptors than Tramadol. No, you do not have a tolerance starting at 300mg just because you took it once at that dosage. I would advise stacking doses a little slower though, so that more O-desmethyltramadol is in your system than just Tramadol. (aka...try taking 50mg every hour until you reach your desired dosage. i know it takes a long time, but i promise you, it works very well.)

It increases serotonin and norepinephrine between synapses, and it is an SNRI. Also, i would not advise adding benzos to anything at this point in your life, especially if youve been addicted to them before. But the main reason is just because benzos do not need to be added to opioids/pseudo-opioids like tramadol.

DO NOT TAKE 5-HTP WITHIN 2 WEEKS OF TRAMADOL. There is a very real risk of serotonin syndrome.

450mg Tramadol greatly increases risk of seizure. Its a shit drug and a medical scandal its handed out like sweeties.

2 weeks imo is more than enough, 7 half lifes should be enough, the HL is around 6-7 hours so 7*7 = 49 hours
Including the main metabolite it's 7+9*7 = 70 hours, so imo 4 days should be enough, but to be safe wait 2 weeks

450mg Tramadol greatly increases risk of seizure. Its a shit drug and a medical scandal its handed out like sweeties.
gonna have to completely agree with this guy. Knock off opioid and prescribed extremely widely across america. Also has a very high addiction rate and withdrawals from tramadol are complete hell. Would recommend to just never take it again.

Although, as mentioned above, 2 weeks is being incredibly cautious, its just the basic timespan to get serotonin-acting drugs out of your system. Also, youre right, withdrawals are hell from what ive read, and its not nearly as good as oxy, but if utilized correctly, it can be a hell of a drug.

5 htp and l tyrosine are like added gas to a car with a full tank to get it to go faster.

Meaning your body chooses how much serotonin And dopamine it feels like making. It already has enough precursors giving it more won't persuade it to do anything differently

Meaning your body chooses how much serotonin And dopamine it feels like making. It already has enough precursors giving it more won't persuade it to do anything differently

Yes, with a normal diet you should get all the important amino acids and the enzymes can get saturated, meaning that even though you're putting more precursors in your body it won't metabolize more, because every enzyme already is doing it's job.
But from what I've read 5 HTP can still be beneficial, not sure about L-Tyrosine

5 htp definitely has more evidence then l tyrosine but i am still skeptical because unlike prescription antidepressants where drug companies basically have there balls on the line that they do something and could be sued for hundreds of millions of dollars if it turned out they didnt do anything. 5 htp supplements make zero claims that it can treat cure or prevent anything. Maybe im just over sensitive because i commited suicide and was trying things like l tyrosine and 5 htp instead of "toxic antidepressants". And i just feel like theres evidence for everything and at the time i wasnt aware of things like sample sizes, replication, ect. Or what statistical significance ect i just wanted to not be depressed and it didnt do anything but sell me hope and empty my wallet.

Guys I only tried tramadol to see how it works. It worked great on me. Im not looking to get addicted to anything. This weekend im gonna try Lyrica.

So I think I made a mistake with the dose taking 300 mg of Tramadol over 3-4 hours. Do you guys think a dose of 100-150 will work next time? Or how much do you think i need?

No one plans on getting addicted, thats why everyone on this site warns everyone else about it. Its a very real threat that MANY of the users on this site have been through, so we are all just trying to keep people safe from those horrors.

Also, definitely try less next time, but do not be expecting the same experience. If you go into it expecting the experience to be the same, you are going to be disappointed because more of any drug always causes a different experience. Just never go above 400mg, as your chances for having a seizure go way up at that point.

Also, when it comes to Lyrica, a lot of people talk about how Lyrica potentiates opiates (and it does) but i have read several accounts where mixing lyrica and tramadol together caused a seizure. So, even though i dont think you were planning on mixing them, just dont try it anyway. Lyrica is, still to this day, my favourite drug. I have never had anything better, but start with a low dose because higher doses cause some pretty severe dizziness. Id say, start around 150mg

Whatever you do man DO NOT GET HOOKED ON TRAMADOL. It also has antidepressant affects on the brain and if you get hooked on them you will go through pure hell when you have to stop. I've gone through it myself and I can tell you, heroin withdrawal is nothing compared to tramadol. I straight up sincerely wanted to kill myself because my brain just felt so disgusting. I would say only do tramadol maybe one day every 2 weeks. Do the way other people said and take small doses every 45 minutes or so until you reach maybe 300mg max. More of it will be converted to desmethyltramadol. I can say from experience doing it that way is better than just taking 300mg all at once. Whatever you do, don't develop a tolerance to it...It seems like tramadol tolerance is permanent. The first few times I did it were great. Never felt the same again after those first times.... Even after years of not using it and not having any tolerance to opioids it didn't feel the same.

I wouldn't do it more than twice a month because you WILL get addicted to it. But yes, you could try taking 50mg first, wait 45 minutes take 25, wait, 25, wait, 25, wait, 25 and see where you are

I have a lot of good advice because I have been stupid enough to get myself into so many nightmare situations involving drugs and addiction. I've been through almost every kind of withdrawal there is. Tramadol withdrawal is on par with Suboxone withdrawal in the way that they cause your brain to just go blah.