• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids tramadol for recreational use ?

Tramadol's weird. Some people hate it. Some people love it. Some people find it passable. I quit kratom a week ago and was doing 100mgs of tramadol per day. Thought I could just step off that dosage. Nope, it filled up the same receptors and got annoying withdrawal.

Anyway, supposedly caffeine helps it, but don't over do it.

It's more mellow than others but I wouldn't call it a high nor a buzz. Don't use it to get high.

With no/low tolerance it's good. (Actually any type of opiate that is generally not loved by dopefiends is pretty good if non-tolerant. Codeine, subs, Demerol, even kratom.)

If you have a tolerance there is a limit to how much you can take without risking seizure (mentioned by others) that might be too low to get properly high.

With no/low tolerance it's good. (Actually any type of opiate that is generally not loved by dopefiends is pretty good if non-tolerant. Codeine, subs, Demerol, even kratom.)

If you have a tolerance there is a limit to how much you can take without risking seizure (mentioned by others) that might be too low to get properly high.

Shit I thought the qualifications for being a dopefiend included loving all dope, big to small, from your wee codeines to your uber fentanyls 😅

Tramadol Is the most underwhelming opiate there Is out there. Even codeine Is far More euphoric than that shite imho.

Tramadol Is the most underwhelming opiate there Is out there. Even codeine Is far More euphoric than that shite imho.

Fair enough I definitely wouldn't call it euphoric, it just, works, moreso for the less tolerant. Had a little bit of O-DSMT recently but, was messing with some other stuff and don't have a clear assessment on that just yet.

Fair enough I definitely wouldn't call it euphoric, it just, works, moreso for the less tolerant. Had a little bit of O-DSMT recently but, was messing with some other stuff and don't have a clear assessment on that just yet.
Well I'm addicted to banging morph so OFC Tramadol Is Ginna b underwhelming lols.

Right, my baseline opioid tolerance is way lower, as kratom is what I've taken consistently bare minimum for like 6 years. Have gone through phases of more OCs, opanas, and had a H phase for 2 years. I'm five months away from that now, but still just take kratom, oc's or hydros, occasionally, and trams.

Still need a fair amount of OC to get "high" if you will. Definitely can't get that kind of high from tramadol.

Tramadol has worked great for pain when combined with other medications and also for helping relieve acute opioid withdrawals. As far as recreational use, I've personally never found much use for them that way.

I’ve never found any recreational value in it 🤷‍♀️
I’ve i take enough to get even a remote buzz it makes me feel a little sick.

I was addicted to tramadol for well over a decade. With no tolerance back in those days and not fucking around with any other opiates at the time, I could achieve dreamy heroin-like nods on doses 400+ and up. Some times lower.

Everyone who mentioned spreading out your doses is correct. Popping that much at a time can absolutely cause a seizure, do not try it. And for those without tolerance, I have seen 1-2 50mg pills give them an enjoyable night. Some people lack an enzyme to convert tramadol to it's more potent metabolite. I may have had this enzyme in abundance back in the day. Some of my most fond memories were on tramadol. Those who do not metabolize it correct are the ones who will say it sucks and is non-euphoric and boring. Tolerance can play a role as well.

Although after several more years of finally getting into heroin, morphine, fent and then eventually buprenorphine, I find tramadol became lackluster for some reason. Even after giving me all those beautiful (and horrendous when in withdrawal) years I was on it. I can still note a sense of 'stimulation' from it that other opioids do not produce.

But please be careful with this med. It has a lot of interactions with other drugs, so do your research before playing around with this medicine.
I'm shocked that it remained non-scheduled for as long as it did.

It can be euphoric and recreational and it can also be good for depression and some say it helps with their pain.

Last edited:
It absolutely has some recreational potential in high doses. This comes with significant risks and side-effects that alot of other opioids lack however.

Everyone who mentioned spreading out your doses is correct. Popping that much at a time can absolutely cause a seizure, do not try it.
For that reason I mentioned that it was better to stagger the dose instead of taking everything at once.
In this way you can also know if the enzymes in charge of transforming it into M1 "work"
This applies more in people without tolerance to opies, after having used other opiates in the past such as oxy and morphine, tramadol stops being good in that sense
I can no longer get high on tramadol, but that's fine, maybe i miss it in the future, but depending on any opiate is a nightmare

Being opiate naive I found tramadol to be rather recreational at modest doses.
I didnt have much to play with but it was fun while it lasted.

As others have mentioned there is the potential for serious adverse effects though, especially when combined. I believe it lowers the seizure threshold and, when combined with other medication,s can increase the risk of seretonin syndrome.

Proceed with caution

For that reason I mentioned that it was better to stagger the dose instead of taking everything at once.
In this way you can also know if the enzymes in charge of transforming it into M1 "work"
This applies more in people without tolerance to opies, after having used other opiates in the past such as oxy and morphine, tramadol stops being good in that sense
I can no longer get high on tramadol, but that's fine, maybe i miss it in the future, but depending on any opiate is a nightmare

Absolutely, I agree. I've noticed the serotonin-like jittery feelings & side effects are lessened through this route as well, and it creates a more sedated/opiate type feeling when spread out in smaller doses. If you're use to heroin or anything of that nature, then tramadol is probably not going to be very good. Although it can help potentiate other opioids and also adds it's own unique feeling that only tramadol has. I enjoy it still once in awhile.

Being opiate naive I found tramadol to be rather recreational at modest doses.
I didnt have much to play with but it was fun while it lasted.

As others have mentioned there is the potential for serious adverse effects though, especially when combined. I believe it lowers the seizure threshold and, when combined with other medication,s can increase the risk of seretonin syndrome.

Proceed with caution

I 100% agree. Excellent points. This opioid has it's own special precautions because of it's additional SSRI/SNRI properties.

Last edited:
So if one was to be aiming for/hitting that ceiling dose of 400mg thus lowering seizure threshold to zero, would taking a small amount (say 10mg) diazepam higher the seizure threshold and make it 'safer' to do so?

If so... When along the time line of tram dosing would be best?

So if one was to be aiming for/hitting that ceiling dose of 400mg thus lowering seizure threshold to zero, would taking a small amount (say 10mg) diazepam higher the seizure threshold and make it 'safer' to do so?

If so... When along the time line of tram dosing would be best?

Each body is different. But yes, 10mg of diazepam could make 400mg of tramadol somewhat safer ... if you want to get a good result from tramadol follow the dosage steps mentioned above. You can take it at the same time as your first or second dose of Tramadol

Each body is different. But yes, 10mg of diazepam could make 400mg of tramadol somewhat safer ... if you want to get a good result from tramadol follow the dosage steps mentioned above. You can take it at the same time as your first or second dose of Tramadol

Yeah I thought so. Just wasn't sure.
Today I've taken
4.00pm: 100mg tram +400mg ibuprofen + 1000mg of paracetamol (back pain/swelling in hands from hitting every possible vein in each hand during a 36hr IV ket sesh this weekend, lol)
5.00pm: 50mg tram + 5mg diaz
5.30pm: 50mg tram
6.00pm: 50mg tram
6.30pm: 50mg tram
7.00pm: 50mg tram + 5mg diaz
(Total: 350mg tram + 10mg diaz)

I was going to take another 50mg tram now (7.30pm) but I've run out.
I can just about feel it coming on but I'm not expecting alot tbh. Trams weird, in the sense that some days I really feel it after 150-200mg, other days I feel nothing from 400mg 🤷‍♂️
I'll probably take another 5mg diaz before I try to sleep with some zopiclone and more ibuprofen for the swelling. Shame I have no ketamine.. But yea.. That's going off topic now 😅
Stay safe peeps!

Edit: only now at 11pm am I starting to really feel the first effects... Slight rushing/euphoria, Jaw clenching, tiny visual disturbances, little itching, I think the delayed onset could have been down to stomach content.
But take it as a warning peeps, even after dosing 350mg in 50mg steps every half hour I still had to wait 4 hours from the last dose (7 hours from first dose) to feel anything... So don't get impatient and keep dosing.
Time to take some zopiclone and fast forward through this speedy stage and hopefully into the noddy stage ASAP. Time for more ibu/Para for pain/swelling and another 5mg diaz for luck too.
Ymmv.

Last edited: