Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Tramadol - Experienced - Tramadol trip

edgewise1

Bluelighter
This is more an observation than a trip, at least imo.

I've been on tramadol for 10 years, with the last 5 years being constant daily use for legit pain issues. I'm 54 btw, if that makes any difference.

I have a high tolerance and was at 1500 to 1600 mg's a day until recently dropping it to 800 to 1000 mg's a day.

My "trips" on tramadol are not unique and vary very little from day to day. Tramadol is either a drug that works well for you or not. There is very little middle ground with this drug.

Took 600 mg's today, around 12 noon. The come up for me is about 30 minutes and this is the SNRI effect the drug has. This gives me a very nice effect. I am, for lack of a better word, happy. Things I would not do beforehand now seem no problem to do. My mood is significantly brightened. This effect usually last 6 to 7 hours before I feel it slipping away. At that point I dose again and did so at 6:30 PM today. I took another 400 mg's and the effects will be identical to the first dose effects and will last until I go to bed tonight at which time I will have no problem falling asleep.

I honestly do not know when/if I feel any opioid effects during this time, but I do feel like I am on top of the situation and able to get more accomplished.

I wanted to write this up simply because I have been taking tramadol for such an extended period of time and it still gives me the pleasurable effects I want.

Btw, I took the 1st dose on an empty stomach and about an hour later I did have stomach upset. I was driving by this time and had to pull off the road and throw up 4 or 5 times. I never brought anything up, just the action of puking. After this, and it took place over a 2 minute span of time, I was good to go. Stomach upset is not a regular issue with me, empty stomach or not.

So here you have it. My tramadol trip. Enjoy the read.

Tagged by bindingaffinity
substancecode_tramadol
substancecode_opiates
explevel_retrospective
exptype_positive
roacode_oral

This drug makes many people puke. Especially on an empty stomach.
Actually i have had some visual hallucinations on this one. Especially on high doses. I think it is because it works on the neurotransmitters. Since every one's brain is different effects vary.

I have experienced white flashes out of the corner of my eye and other similar flashes containing differing colors.

Btw, how in the hell can someone even work up to those doses without having seizures?? Are you on a benzo as well?

No benzos, no seizures, and no hallucinatins for me. Been on it for 10 years and the tolerance just builds up after time. I am bringing my dose down, just taking my time. I am also on Percocet 10/325, six a day, for herniated disc and when I take it regularly I take much less tramadol, about 400 mg's a day.

one day in school, i took 150mg..didnt feel shit..next day, 200mg...felt as if i ate a perk, broke it up and put in a shot of gatorade...next day 250mg...nothing?

only because it was free, but why no feeling?

Hard to say why it worked one day and not the next. Body chemistry, setting, expectations, and various other reasons could be the culprit. You may not be efficient at producing the needed enzyme to convert tramadol into the opioid metabolite.

I usually take a single dose of 1g split in 250mg; it is true that Tramadol it's hard in an empty stomach, but it hits much faster. It also gives me little headaches 20' after taking it, so I usually take 250mg of Naproxen too.

Already had 2 seizures because of this drug, the first one was a massive seizure 4 years ago when I mixed Tramadol and Codeine; I dislocated a shoulder, but a MRI showed that my brain was fine.

The second seizure was a very mild, I was mixing Tramadol with lots of SOMA and benzos, and I passed out; when I woke up, I bitted my tongue and the wall and bed were full of little splits of blood.

So, because in my country Codeine it's even more scheduled than Tramadol, and because the latter lasts longer, it became a rule of thumb to only take Tramadol when I have benzos. Lyrica or Gabapentin can help if I'm low on benzos, sure, but there's no way I would take up to 1000mg of Tramadol without some Diazepam, Clonazepam or Lorazepam (Alprazolam it's cool too, but it lasts too long and it doesn't have too much antiseizures properties).