• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tramadol every day ?

can i use tramadol every day ? 400mg max. makes me feel so good, its like an antidepressant for me, any recomendations? others opioids ? OR take like day yes day not.
400 mg is like the max dose of tramadol. That is quite a bit. I love tramadol as it is an antidepressant for me also, but when I started taking 150 mg at a time I quit. It is a wonderful pill, it gives so much energy but seizures are a serious risk with this medication.

400 mg is like the max dose of tramadol. That is quite a bit. I love tramadol as it is an antidepressant for me also, but when I started taking 150 mg at a time I quit. It is a wonderful pill, it gives so much energy but seizures are a serious risk with this medication.
i take 2mg of clonazepam to avoid seizures.

I have been taking Tramadol for almost 2 years and for many periods I have use it every day without problems.
As an antidepressant it's excellent (it works immediately) and even after abused it in monstruous doses (+ 1000 mg.) it still works well in that regard. Now, if you want use it recreationally, I warn you tolerance is gained quite fast and eventually you will have to take larger and more dangerous doses every time. I hardly ever take it with benzos or anticonvulsants, but it's advisable to do so.
So, I think if you want to take it preferably as an antidepressant, have no history of seizures and as long as you take doses no larger than 400 mg., there are no major problems in using Tramadol every day or every other day. I used it like this for almost 5-6 months. My problem was when I started to "chasing the first high" and everytime I needed more and more doses.
Another thing, rather thank mixing it with any benzo, I prefer Pregabalin (Lyrica). Benzos generally makes me feel blank but with Pregabalin you feel so happy and calm.

i have been on a stable dose methadone for about a year now but before that, i was on tramadol and heroin(mostly tramdol), and i can say, methadone saved me.
tramdol was working wonders for me, at that time of my life, i had constant anxiety and depression and really intense panic attacks, tramadol just made it all disappear and made the the most confident and happiest person alive, but that didnt last long! after about a year, it didnt really do much, my panic attacks were back and i was all anxious and depressed again, and i was just taking tramadol to prevent the terrible withdrawal, and y dose kept getting higher by week, i would stay high and feel good for an entire day with 100mg at first, but then i was at 400mg a day, and even if i took 500mg before sleepig, i would wake up feeling like hell as if i have been on withdrawal for days, so if you just take it for the antidepressant effect, it might not last long, tramadol is very addictive, believe me you cant control it, so i would really suggest that you consider other safer options.

I have read in many sites that Tramadol has a similar chemical structure to the antidepressant Venlafaxine (Effexor), so maybe it can be useful for the psychological symptoms of Tramadol withdrawal. What do you think guys?

Last edited:
Ive been on tramadol for 8+yrs now and have only gone down from the original dose not up.i find the more u take the worse u feel.i started on 200mg in the morning and another 50-100 at night but reduced it to 150mg as 200was too much.I found effexor was just legcrampy shit that did nothing.it won't help with tramadol wds.cathinones help with tramadol wds.thats not really good advice though.

You certainly could take 400mg of tramadol everyday if you are so inclined, but it will come with plenty of harsh consequences down the line. Greatly increased risk of seizures, tolerance (causing your 400mg to stop working eventually), painful opiate withdrawals, worsening or newly developed depression, etc. The list goes on.

I probably sound like a pharmaceutical commercial but you need to know what you're getting into, otherwise you're in for a huge shock (brain zap pun not intended) down the line.

I have read in many sites that Tramadol has a similar chemical structure to the antidepressant Venlafaxine (Effexor), so maybe it can be useful for the psychological symptoms of Tramadol withdrawal. What do you think guys?

Unfortunately I thought this as well. I've been addicted to tramadol for over a decade and also tried to use Effexor for a year or two. They feel nothing alike unfortunately. Effexor made me sick, gave me tremors and made me feel all around weird.

I think most people forget that Tramadol also releases serotonin, which could be one of the reasons why it's so effective at eliminating depression immediately./

Last edited:
Unfortunately I thought this as well. I've been addicted to tramadol for over a decade and also tried to use Effexor for a year or two. They feel nothing alike unfortunately. Effexor made me sick, gave me tremors and made me feel all around weird.

I think most people forget that Tramadol also releases serotonin, which could be one of the reasons why it's so effective at eliminating depression immediately./

Man, that sucks.
In the past I took venlafaxine and I feel that it was the antidepressant that helped me the most. Much more stimulating than venlafaxine or escitalopram. But, that time I took it together with sertraline. Perhaps, by itself, the effect is different. Nor did it cause me bad wd symptoms as many say.

I took it for anxiety and low moods, ended up addicted to it then 300mg was hardly working sometimes I took 400mg

Then I ran out and couldn't find any more so decided to stop and it's a bitch of a drug to come off, you not only feel opioid withdrawal but an SNRI withdrawal too, which is the antidepressants anxiety med that tramadol can be used off label for in some country's

I actually started off on it for that reason, and had it precibed off my doctor to use once or twice a week, I'd use my 30 pills up within a week, buy more then my doses went up

I barely took any in this past year because I don't want to get addicted again because the depression from stopping them is so bad

Man, that sucks.
In the past I took venlafaxine and I feel that it was the antidepressant that helped me the most. Much more stimulating than venlafaxine or escitalopram. But, that time I took it together with sertraline. Perhaps, by itself, the effect is different. Nor did it cause me bad wd symptoms as many say.

You took velafaxine and it was much more stimulating than venlafaxine? :p :p Think you meant to say something else. lol :p

I took Venlafaxine (Effexor) for a year about 5 years ago and it helped, so I tried it again these past 6 months but this time it's just full of side effects that I can't handle. Constant nausea. Twitchy feelings. Don't know why it changed on me, but I've noticed this with a lot of drugs. Unfortunately for me, venlafaxine and tramadol didn't even feel remotely alike.

I took Venlafaxine (Effexor) for a year about 5 years ago and it helped, so I tried it again these past 6 months but this time it's just full of side effects that I can't handle. Constant nausea. Twitchy feelings. Don't know why it changed on me, but I've noticed this with a lot of drugs. Unfortunately for me, venlafaxine and tramadol didn't even feel remotely alike.

Tomorrow I see my doctor, so we chatted last time, they are going to give me venlafaxine and pregabalin ... I don't know for how long, I hope not long, but my depression is so bad that I don't want to commit suicide. On the question, please, if you have other options, try not to use tramadol recreationally

Tramadol was so hard to get off of...the withdrawals have gone on and on. I hope I never touch that drug again. I will never forget the withdrawal experience. (And I started out using it as needed but as others mentioned, tolerance built fast so I kept pushing it.)

You took velafaxine and it was much more stimulating than venlafaxine? :p :p Think you meant to say something else. lol :p

I mean fluoxetine lol

Venlafaxine does not cause you anxiety? Tramadol is not only a great antidepressant, but it also works as a good anxiolytic for me. Currently, I am taking almost 700 mg. daily.