• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tramadol - day after and other questions

Shatter

Greenlighter
So I recently got my hands on about 10 small tramadol pills at 50mg per pill. I havent used opiates since well over 6 months ago, when I got some hydrocodone syrup. I know tramadol is not fully an opiate but from what I heard it is partially a synthetic opiate and acts on the same receptors, and that is better classified as an opioid.

Anyway, although some people bash it I heard some great reports on 100mg. I have no tolerance and so yesterday I took 2 of these pills ending up at 100mg and took a walk. An hour passed and I felt nothing. I was wondering if all those people saying "it has almost no high and causes siezures don't do it" were right. Then after an hour and a half I started feeling it, but it was a very slow come up. After 2 hours it really started to hit me. I felt amazing, I was enjoying my walk and seeing the birds and the trees and the bugs. I was noticing every smell more than usual and the outline of things seemed very sharp and clear, somewhat like what happens on DXM or weed, except unlike those I was able to think wonderfully and was not slow at all. I suppose this is because it is also an SSRI?

Anyway, I jogged back home with great energy because it had gotten dark. I sat down on my couch and I really started feeling the sweet sweet euphoria. I started some risqué texting with this girl I've been fooling around with lately and I was able to get turned on fine. I layed down and just felt like complete bliss. It's crazy how amazing 2 micro sized pills can make you feel. It lasted a great long time too. Oh and unlike my hydrocodone adventures I felt no nausea and very very little dry mouth. The hydro made my voice all scratchy and fucked.

Anyway, I nodded off fine even though some people said tramadol is harder to nod off on than other opiates.

So I wake up this morning relaxed, feeling well rested and happy. I am usually a pretty grouchy person but not today. Ever since last night on my walk I was appreciating the small things in life. I am not at all high anymore but I am still in a great mood! It's somewhat like the next day after DXM where I feel very clear headed except I don't feel like shit and don't have a headache like I do after DXM.

In all, I am very happy and excited that I still have 8 of these little pills left, although I will be sad when they are gone. Is this clearheadedness and happiness the next day a usual feeling after opiates? Or do most people feel depressed and bad the day after use? Also, how long do I have to wait to prevent tolerance? I am NOT usually able to acquire these things often so getting the most out of each MG is important. Lastly, what about potentiation? Any common items I can use at home that work? Does Benadryl really help or does the extra sedation just make you think it's potentiation the effects? Thanks all!

Don't potentiate with anything it looks like you got a top notch chemical connection as it is so you wouldn't wana alter it. Also write down what you ate that day, what supplements you took, how much exercise you did, how much water you drank and how much sleep you had the night before. Write these down in great detail. These are guidelines for you to reproduce the feeling so write those down before you forget.

I would also be interested to know that.

Don't potentiate with anything it looks like you got a top notch chemical connection as it is so you wouldn't wana alter it. Also write down what you ate that day, what supplements you took, how much exercise you did, how much water you drank and how much sleep you had the night before. Write these down in great detail. These are guidelines for you to reproduce the feeling so write those down before you forget.

I would also be interested to know that.

I suppose you're right, would potentiation change the length of the effects to be shorter? And what's funny is I ate a pretty good amount that day. I woke up around 10:30 and ate the majority of 4 pancakes, and at around 2:30 I had some of that frozen DiGiornos pizza and the crust was fucking amazing. All warm and doughy. Anyway, that's it for the most part besides some chips. But I'm just about 130 pounds, male, and just about 18 so I don't eat much usually anyway. I was not very active that day at all until I started my walk after taking the pills.

Your idea about trying to recreate the effects is actually very helpful, I'll keep that in mind, thank you

So good sleep, good food and some light exercise while it's kicking in...not bad. I do something very similar.

The extra little sparkle tramadol gives an opiate-naive user is due to its effects as an SNRI (similar moa as effexor, i believe.) This effect also compounds the symptoms of withdrawal, if you do develop dependence. Early in my habit i was prescribed 240/month, ate 6 a day and tucked away the other 2, for close to 2 years before transitioning to full-agonist opiates. I had wd's from trams even when i switched to hydrocodone, because of the missing SNRI component. "Brain zaps" and such, several times a minute, felt like an electric shock coursing through my noggin. It felt how i imagine a seizure would start, having never had one. Very painful and worrisome. Of course it passed with time, but left me with many more years of increasingly potent medications that present their own challenges.
My advice is to have discipline if you are going to fuck with this stuff. For the longest time, before i was using daily, 100mg of tramadol would get me high for 8 or 10 hours, and it was lovely, so much energy too! But then i became more reliant on feeling that way, of course took more and more often, and feel pretty foolish looking back on it now.