• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tramadol causes petechiae / purpura?

Kahuna

Greenlighter
Hi.

I take Tramadol on the weekends since 2009. In that time sometimes i made 2-4 Week breaks.
Never had problems with physical health. Sometimes i was very depressed or craved very hard. So it just affected my mental health and my sleep quality.
I used to drink up to 3 liters of beer Friday/Saturday. Felt like a lovely combination for me.

End of 2015 i started to take small doeses Mo.-Thu. (30-50mg)
Fr.-So. 150-200 mg

I noticed a lot of small red dots on the skin of my leg near the ankle. First i did not think that it has to do with Tramadol and just thought it is an allergic reaction (food or detergent) or something like that.

Mo-Fr. it dissapeared slowly. The next weekend again the combination of beer and Tramadol caused much more petechiae also on my forearms and on my thighs.

Now i am a little scared by that.. never had that before..
Maybe someone has medical expertise and can help me.

Photo of my forearm

What you are doing sounds like it's pretty bad for your liver.
You should see a doctor asap and get your liver checked.
Edit: Combining CNS depressants can result in increased respiratory depression,even though tramadol on its own seems to have no noteworthy effect on your breathing. Don't do it!

Last edited:
Thank you for the reply.
I try to taper out fast. Next week i go to a doctor to get a complete blood count.

Short update:

I tapered fast. 6th day without alcohol / 3rd day without tramadol.
The petechiae / purpura almost faded completely. I am in WD but thats ok.
So it has to do with one of these drugs. Or the combination of both. I dont know... Lets wait for the blood count.
I keep you posted. Maybe someone has the same symptoms. I found not much in the WWW. So i try to share my experience.

Update:
I got my blood count a few weeks ago.. Everything was OK.
Now i figured it out that it is Tramadol only. Tramadol causes the petechiae.. I never had this during 6 years of occasional Tramadol use. I must have developed an intolrance or something like that... :(
Thats really bad for me. Tramadol was the drug of choice for me... I am very very sad... I hoped that is caused by vaping electronic cigarettes or the combination of alcohol and tramadol. But after some tests its definitely Tramadol only.

I get that with morphine and especially methadone.... Seems to be some kind of allergic reaction.