• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Tramadol + Carisoprodol - Rather Opioid Experienced - Take One (1) Nod T.I.D.

bollox

Greenlighter
Background
I've been using pain medications and muscle relaxers of all sorts for roughly two years for middle and low back injuries including both herniated and bulging discs, vertebral compression fractures, and facet joint problems. After trying things like codeine, darvocet, hydrocodone, NSAIDs, steroids, etc., and not getting much pain relief, my doctor prescribed oxycodone. I was referred to a pain clinic and my new doctor continued with the oxycodone and added some other medications. After a few months of adjusting meds and dosages, I ended up on 80-100mg oxycodone, 350mg carisoprodol q.i.d., and a rotating NSAID.

My pain doctor suddenly left my hospital/clinic last summer and after a good 18 months or so with him I was left in the hands of another and randomly-selected doctor. Already long story short, he swapped me onto a boatload of morphine and left me stoned out of my mind and wholly dysfunctional for far too many weeks until I couldn't stand it anymore and left him.

Honestly, while I knew all along the power of the medications I was being prescribed, I never felt like I was addicted or in danger of addiction. That changed when I found myself without any access to these drugs. Perhaps it is merely my `addiction' to not being in a fuckton of pain most of the time, or maybe I am just hooked.

After being passed amongst a number of different doctors, I found one who did new MRIs, recognized horrific the state of my mid and lower back, and prescribed me - vicodin… After so long on high dosage oxycodone, WITH soma, the vicodin doesn't help much with functionality, even taken in excess. So I'm mostly just piling it up in my closet for one of those very rainy days...

I recently came into a reliable if overpriced source for carisoprodol, tramadol, and other shitty opioids. I decided to get some tramadol so I wouldn't have to deal with this horrible and constant revved-up feeling from being on oxycodone & friends for ~2 years. That was mostly all the vicodin was doing anyway, except it was also keeping me physiologically attached. Carisoprodol always helped with mid-back muscle spasm/pain like no pain killer could, so I decided to get a bunch of that as well. I also really enjoyed just playing around with soma in the past and I was indeed looking for some kind of high. Sometimes a break from pain and then some is just a nice thing. Ya know?

The Trip(s)
Tramadol didn't help my pain the past two times it was prescribed to me. The generic I received wasn't even of particularly high quality or of good repute. I had only ever gotten a slight buzz off of it and that was truly an unintentional effect experienced during daylong-binges (~250mg 4-5x in a day or so; supposedly, this generally regarded as a bad idea) in search of pain relief/mobility. But carisoprodol had always been effective as a muscle relaxer at 1-2 pills, and as a delightfully euphoric treat at 3 or 4.

So, one day I awoke and had a light breakfast of 4x50mg tramadol, 2.5x350mg carisoprodol, and a coke. I felt the familiar come-up of at least the carisoprodol between 10-30 minutes. The euphoria was great as it always had been. In fact, in terms of both pain and recreational effect, I think I would prefer moderate-dosage carisoprodol alone to oxycodone, morphine, oxymorphone, etc., taken orally and alone. Call me crazy... and then give me your soma. ;)

After a good hour or so of feeling swell, a great nod came upon me suddenly and very unexpectedly. Soma alone would only make me nod/unconscious in the rare stupidly high amount, ~5-8x350mg. So I am left to think the tramadol contributed greatly to the nod. After a few more hours, I decided to redose the tramadol and soma in the same amounts. Sure enough, an hour or two later, I nodded off. I was really amazed. I'm not experienced enough in outright abuse of opioids to know whether a nod is a nod is a nod, but these two experiences seemed identical to the few times I had abused, i.e. taken more than prescribed, my oxycodone and soma to that end. So out of `curiosity,' I went for the nod once more a few hours later and was well-rewarded. Fancy that!

So that's three top-notch nods from only a few handfuls of tramadol and carisoprodol. Note that 200-250mg of tramadol taken recently and also out of curiosity without soma did not intoxicate (or kill much pain).

x

I used to be a big tramadol plus soma every day kind of guy. By itself tramadol just makes me feel like shit, but for some reason when combined with soma there is a synergistic effect that is really euphoric for a couple of drugs that are effectively legal.

i am really jealous. there are muscle relaxers everywhere, soma being the most common, in my town. to me they feel like alcohol with just the physical effects. they give me absolutely no euphoria and actually dont change my state of mind in the least.

also one time i had a very bad experience OD'ing on tramadol mixed with some muscle relaxant i cant remember the name of. oh so young and stupid. i was in a blackout for 3 days at my fucking family's house. ugh the shame.

glad to hear you found a good combo for your pain. happy pilling.

a synergistic effect that is really euphoric

I had read a bit about this ultram/soma synergy on BL and elsewhere and am happy to of course confirm it in these experiences. Even the long-lasting (~4-8 hour) "sense of well being" or mild euphoria often associated with tramadol doesn't noticeably present unless I mix it with the sadly much shorter-lasting carisoprodol. Alone, tramadol makes me too feel off or downright shitty. Ah, the antidepressant that's marketed as a pain medication! :p While the synergy is great, I feel like the soma carries it maybe 75% and the tramadol - or even placebo for all I know - picks up the rest.

i am really jealous. there are muscle relaxers everywhere, soma being the most common, in my town. to me they feel like alcohol with just the physical effects. they give me absolutely no euphoria and actually dont change my state of mind in the least.

I've used other muscle relaxers, e.g. flexeril/cyclobenzaprine, parafon forte/chlorzoxazone, lorazepam, that affected me more like alcohol and without euphoria or really any desirable effects (even muscle spasm/pain relief). But for me, soma always feels very pharmaceutical. I find it is great for pain, it's a great anxiolytic, and for me provides a superb euphoria. While it's a body-centered high, my mind definitely gets taken along for the ride as well. Maybe I'm just lucky? =D

also one time i had a very bad experience OD'ing on tramadol mixed with some muscle relaxant i cant remember the name of. oh so young and stupid. i was in a blackout for 3 days at my fucking family's house. ugh the shame.

Ugh, sorry to hear it! It might be worth mixing some verifiable soma with a lower dose of tramadol. Good stuff here mate =D This sounds like something that might happen if one were to take too much tramadol with too much flexeril. Given the anti-depressant-like qualities of each, it seems like that's one combo that should probably be avoided. Not that flexeril is any fun ever...

glad to hear you found a good combo for your pain. happy pilling.

Cheers mate

Captain, I'm in pretty much the same situation you are in. How much of each do you take?

I have been taking tram for some time and it used to produce surprisingly euphoric opiod effects. It no longer does that. makes me feel like shit too. So I thought I would augment my self-treatment with some Soma. It was pretty enjoyable for about a week at 2-4 350mg tabs but lately it has been like rolling the dice with the possibility of freaking out a bit. I've started to develop the shakes and the other night I could not walk - rather I stumbled or fell into the next nearest object to get to where i was going. I didn't particularly enjoy this... Now there are several threads on here about things similar to this but very few people mention the dosages they take to be safe (or the ones that weren't so safe). There is just a lot of "soma is unpredictable". Any dosage info you wanna share would be very appreciated!

to the OP - that is awesome that you found a good combo, especially one that is easily obtainable and pretty cheap (compared to other more powerful opiates).

I've taken this combo for months, but my soma is generic and don't need prescription (neither does the tramadol since I live in Mexico)
Also it comes with naproxen 250mg per every 200mg of carisoprodol
I've found that tramadol doesn't counteract soma sleepiness as it is caused because soma is an Adenosine Reuptake Inhibitor, so a coffee (which is an Adenosine antagonist) will work for that.
I had an ungodly benzo tolerance (20 mgs Clonazepam and felt nothing) and still the soma fucked me up reaal good.
Regards!