• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Tramadol and Suboxone

^4mg of buprenophine is too much for someone with no tolerance
And be careful with tramadol, more than 300mg can cause a seizure
Yea, I can't agree with you more. I once witnessed someone who was opiate naive(used small amounts of oxy or heroin every couple weeks) take about 0.2 - 0.4 mgs of bupe in pill form under their tongue....they got REALLY high about 15 min later, and by the 45 minute mark they were projectile vomiting and couldn't walk, or talk/think correctly. I had to drive him home in his own car which he NEVER let happen since it was a $75,000 vehicle.

Lets not forget that depending on your dose its not necessarily positive that all of your mu receptors are antagonized. Also tramadol is a very tricky drug, it isnt just mu opiod mechanism, it works on seratonin and noradrenalin. So im guessing the empty mu receptors are taken up by the ultram and its enough that a few receptors will be sufficient to fill the ultram. Then the other mechanisms add to the high. I had a bottle of tramadol for two days now and was afraid to take it on my 4 8mg subutex a"

Suboxone is different than subutex, suboxone is buprenorphine and naloxone , and naloxone is used to clear the opiate receptors, to prevent respiratory depression in cases of overdose. And subutex is only buprenorphine. The danger is in suboxone is the naloxone, not buprenorphine.

I find this amusing it's 2017 I commented on this thread in 2010 I believe the whole thread was about the combination there is no precipitated withdrawal any which way you slice it. It's a good combo with benzos and weed I have a tolerance so but listen you can take trams and sub geesh

Holy crap, let's get to the point. Suboxone being mixed other opioids will either cause PWD, or blockage from opiate no intended to abuse
Tramadol is the ONLY exception "opioid". That you can mix with Suboxone and suffer no precipitated WD. I know from first hand experience. Considering tramadol is more of an SNRI . THIS is why you are able to safely mix with suboxone

I've w/d from H, suboxone and methadone. Worst was subs, then methadone and then H. Unfortunately I'm back on subs due to chronic pain issues (rotator cuff surgery last July, and possibly re tore it:( ) I was recently diagnosed with an ulcer from the stupid pain management doc giving me IV Torodol for 5 days and sending me home with pill form. Torodol for another 5 days!!! Seriously contemplating getting an attorney.
Anyways, I cannot take NSAIDS due to the ulcer and Tylenol was not touching my pain. So I went back to subs. I came across some Ultram and wanted to see if it worked with subs. And it does.. It's a chill buzz and pretty much NO pain.
Definitely not looking forward to my future w/d from these subs :(

Ultram is just tramadol, no NSAID, correct?

With getting off the buprenorphine, just try not to rush it. With a slow enough taper and comfort meds it's very doable.

Be careful with the tramadol on top of the buprenorphine. If you need it you need it, but keep in mind having both a tramadol habit and a buprenorphine habit will be more complicated and difficult to manage than just one or the other.