• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Tramadol and SSRI's

nobodyk

Greenlighter
I have searched the forum and found very little information regarding this matter. I have been prescribed them at the same time but there is an interaction risk for increased serotonin levels and serotonin syndrome. I normally take Norco but am cutting down on dosage and trying tramadol 50mg tablets to see if i have any relief. I experience some at 100mg and more at 150mg for a couple of hours.

anybody had any insight on the subject of tramadol and ssris?

I don't feel any adverse effects, at all, in the way of serotonin syndrome if that helps...temp is fine, pupils fine, no muscle rigidity twitching or sweating, so I am thinking my body is ok with the two. but would really like some insight if anyone has any to offer.

you really don't run the risk of serotonin problems until you breach the daily 400mg dosage of tramadol. add that to your intake of SSRIs and it's not unlikely that you will develop SS. however, once you've taken tramadol for an extended period of time and your body has gotten used to its effects on serotonin then you can rest a little easier. just stay below 400mg for the time being and don't take anymore than your prescribed dosage of SSRI and you will be fine.

Thanks for the input. I've only been taking between 150-200mg a day so that should be no problem.