• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tramadol and diazepam reduction ? Help/advice

Inc3pti0n

Bluelighter
Okay so my doctor has put me on a reduction scheme currently taking 30mg diazepam per day and x2 50mg tramadol for 2 weeks then reduce more. I always have chronic back and hip pain which my doctor knows about but do you guys have any advice or experience with a similar situation ?

Is is it safe to do it like so because I will have stopped the tramadol at this reduction rate before the diazepam and I really don't want that.

Ive used tramadol for around 5 years now and have been prescribed upto 400mg per day previously for a long time.

Why is your doctor making you do this if you don't want to?
I said I wanted to reduce and stop the diazepam but not the tramadol I told him I have a problem with stopping them as they are they only pain relief offered that actually works to an extent. I'm very anxious with my doctor I don't want him seeing me as a drug seeker because I'm young (25). I really just want to stay at the dose of tramadol I'm at and continue to reduce and stop the diazepam. Problem is the doctor just isn't happy giving me tramadol continuously and that's the problem I'm facing.

i should also mention I'm based in England.

Bumping my thread for anymore advice.. for instance could I ask my doctor to keep me at q00mg daily tramadol until I'm stable and on a lower does of diazepam at least ? Like I say I don't want to stop the tramadol as it helps me but I do want to stop the diazepam h3nce the reduction scheme but I only mentioned to the doctor once put on the diazepam reduction that I was still taking tramadol and he put me on a reduction with the diazepam. I reduce the diazepam by 2mg per 2 weeks but drop down 50mg tramadol every 2 weeks.

GPs really don't like to have people on diazepam these days, but i still don't get why they want to taper you off tramadol too assuming you have a chronic hip condition right?

GPs really don't like to have people on diazepam these days, but i still don't get why they want to taper you off tramadol too assuming you have a chronic hip condition right?

Thas correct yes and lower back problem, it could possibly be because of my age and length of time I have currently been on tramadol for. I'm aged 25, been on and off tramadol since the age of 19

Your doctor may be trying to play it safe for himself. How long have you been on Tramadol ? That can be an issue right there. If you have a hospital that does them, Ketamine infusions may be for you. A pain management doctor handles that. Find out if you need your doctor to sign off on it, The pain management doctor works with the physical rehab doctors.

I have had severe pain go away from Ketamine infusions, YMMV, but it works for a lot of people. I no longer take Opana twice a day because of Ketamine. Quality herb works for people also.

The reason I'm on ketamine is because I had over used receptors or something, Like the opiate/opioid made the pain worse. I think that is minor bullshit in my case,but I do notice that lighter weight opiate medications work well, when I occasionally use them,

SK, I love you man but I doubt a doc not wanting a patient to take tramadol is going to think ketamine is a viable alternative.