• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tramadol alternative wanted

cowboyjim

Bluelighter
Hey guys,

I used to love taking Tramadol (Ol tram)recreationally sinds some time and only after learning about it lowering of the seizure threshold i just dont dare to take it anymore... having read so many reports on people that got this there seems no more fun in this seeminly harmless opiate.

A few days ago a received a small new shipment but i am sure i will not use this anymore. Im just to scared for this 'grand mal, tonic clonic' nightmare thing happening to me :(

Im looking for alternatives and it so happens that tonight i am trying out some Morphine (IR 10mg each)pills for the first time (pretty relaxing) but i feel this is not something i can do each weekend due to the addictiveness of this stuff, or can i ?!

Anyone can advice me some opiate that is relatively save for recreational use, oh and not to expensive ? I read here hydrocodone would be a good substitute, is it? and why?
I am only looking for a medium buzz without any side effects after the night is finished

I swore off alcolhol/ coke/ xtc and a lifetime of weedsmoking many years ago. I think i just feel like some chemical exitement in some of my weekends a little bit :)

Thanks for any advice,

Jim

Last edited:
Sorry to be a party pooper mate, but no opiates are 'relatively safe for recreational use'. That recreational use will eventually become a debilitating addiction. It may take years, but the longer you think you've got away with it, the worse it hits. It's just not worth it pal...

Sorry to be a party pooper mate, but no opiates are 'relatively safe for recreational use'. That recreational use will eventually become a debilitating addiction. It may take years, but the longer you think you've got away with it, the worse it hits. It's just not worth it pal...

This. Morphine IMO is way more addictive than tramadol. It is a very dangerous replacement. It may not cause seizures, but it will really fuck you up in the long term.

I have been doing oxycodone for some years recreationally with no problem... I dont find it addicting really, it depends person to person, the only problem I see is that your tolerance is going to go up using once a week, keep it every 3 weeks and no problem. Tramadol is OTC here in my country and I find it a really shitty high so I understand you. I like morphine and oxycodone more, and opium is pretty good too.

Tianeptine would be a safer alternative and does not lower the sezuire threshold. It can be obtained legally in the U.S. Tianeptine does come with a risk of physical dependency and can be hard on the liver when taken in high dosages.

This quote on quote nootropic feels somewhat like a low dose of tramadol. It also has an anti depressant effect and is used to treat depression in some countries under the brand name Stablon. Tianeptine has been found to be a mild opioid agonist at dosages of 60-100 mg.

Last edited:
Even kratom would be safer. I would imagine that that would be the safest alternative. And it has the bonus of being stimulating on top of the opioid effects so that's about as good as your gonna get when it comes to a speedy buzz.

I have been wanting to try Kratom for some while but it has the capability of being very hepatotoxic for some people, pretty much all synthetic opiates lower the seizure threshold, so its a tough call... I would say that if you have no adverse reaction to Kratom it sounds like a better high than tramadol, both have their issues but I would say Kratom is safer if you dont have a bad reaction to it.

I bought a bit of Kratom last night. Can try this next weekend. Looking forward to a guilt free experience, hopefully i take it well and enjoy it :)

The Morphine experiment was reasonable succesful, used 40 mg total last night which gave me a mild high with little to no nausia. Will take some time before i wil do this again though.

Last edited:
I think tapentadol has the same seizure risks as tramadol has, them beeing so much alike. Bit difficult to find something conclusive since it is not that widely used as tramadol is (i feel)

Maybe anyone can point out a difference concearning the seizure issue between the two. I know tapentadol is stronger but that is all i understand.

Last edited:
You could try dihydracodeine its about same level as tramadol imo but you don't have the seizure threat with dhc.