• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants tramado..l Maybe I'll be OK? For come down off meth?

xxsicknessxx

Bluelighter
So I'm coming down off meth and I don't even want to do this but my dad got about twenty tramadol will they take the place of a Norco because normally I take a Norco to feel better. I'm trying to remain positive. Just wondering should I take another two?

No, tramadol lowers the seizure threshold and also has SSRI properties. Both of which are dangerous to combine with stimulants, especially serotonergic ones like meth. Do not combine. Tramadol is a lot different from hydrocodone anyway. Even dosing too high on tramadol alone can cause seizures.

I see this was posted in April so I may be too late. Just in case...here is my advice.
Note that I have never been a meth user so I do not know personally what you are going through. My problem was with prescription pain killers which tramadol was actually on my list of addictions. I DO NOT recommend using it. I went through w/d from the opiates and ordered tramadol to help. I of course took too many a day and when I tried to stop, the brain shocks were horrific. So I then went digging even more online and found some very helpful information. I tried SO many things. I was even taking up to 20 pills of imodium daily b/c high doses help subside the symptoms and not just for the stomach issues that comes with the withdrawals. It did work some but not enough so I then put aside my doubt and uneasiness and ordered kratom. I had seen so many posts on the positive effects but we very unsure about it since there were hundreds of recipes and ways to take it. I also didn't believe something like that would actually help at all. I was very very wrong! This is the only thing that got me through it all. It is difficult to find the right dosage at first and extremely hard to stomach the smell and taste when you feel so physically awful but I got through it...somehow. it really is awful smelling and tasting. I even bought a pill maker but it took me over an hour to get what I needed for each day in the capsules. I was having to take about 10-15 capsules each dose.
There has been news on banning kratom thanks to the pill pushers because they know this stuff works better and they are losing money. So they have fought hard to make it illegal but thank goodness there are so many people out there who know the product and know what is going on to be able to protest. As of now, the ban has been halted but anybody reading this now may want to order some incase these pill pushers get their way. I really urge anyone in withdrawals to give it a try. When you have nothing to help with the symptoms, it will lead to relapses and more struggle. I hope this helps someone.
Oh.... since the caps were a pain for me, I mixed my kratom up in some orange juice. Only just a little to make the powder wet. I suggest only trying out the dosage with 1 tablespoon of powder first. This may be too much or not enough for someone so they will have to experiment. Just make sure you stay at home when doing so. This stuff can make you very funky headed if you take too much. In my worst w/d stage, I would have to roll up the kratom and orange juice in a ball and put it in a thin sheet of paper towel and swallow it whole. It helped masked the smell and taste. As I began feeling better, I would roll it in balls and just swallow without the towel. There are also people who make tea out of it. Just Google and you will find all kinds of different ways to take it

Last edited:
Tramadol in a high dose combined with meth could cause Serotonin Syndrome.Ive had SS and its horrible becareful...

Can I please first clarify you mean methamphetamine and not Methadone? Important distinction thanks?

Oh.... since the caps were a pain for me, I mixed my kratom up in some orange juice. Only just a little to make the powder wet. I suggest only trying out the dosage with 1 tablespoon of powder first. This may be too much or not enough for someone so they will have to experiment. Just make sure you stay at home when doing so. This stuff can make you very funky headed if you take too much. In my worst w/d stage, I would have to roll up the kratom and orange juice in a ball and put it in a thin sheet of paper towel and swallow it whole. It helped masked the smell and taste. As I began feeling better, I would roll it in balls and just swallow without the towel. There are also people who make tea out of it. Just Google and you will find all kinds of different ways to take it

Be aware that the reason kratom works is because it hits all the same opiate receptors. It is, in fact, an opioid. I was addicted to opiates for 10 years, but the first 6 was just kratom. I ended up having horrible withdrawals from it, the RLS part was worse than the withrawals from heroin, oxy, and poppy tea (though I felt less sick) Be careful you don't trade one addiction for another. kratom can be a godsend for getting you off opiates but you'll end up addicted to it too unless you take it for as little time as possible and then stop.

Tramadol is not an ideal opiate for comedowns, although if it was my only option I probably would but I always l would wait as long as possible to comedown off the meth, meth lasts forever to so keep that in mind. Codeine or even dihydrocodeine would be a much better alternative

I shall assume you do mean Methadone.

As Pete said, not a wise choice with Trams. Once it has got a hold of you, It has, along with the usual opiate effects, an instantaneous SSRI component, which makes it a double whammy when withdrawing. This is where the brain zaps come in. Some long term potent opioid addicts state that this drug can be even more hellish than heroin withdrawal.

Codeine would be my suggestion to you if possible. Loperamide can and should ease peripheral symptoms if dosed correctly also!!

never combine with meth nor amphetamine sulphate, did it a few times and one time I had a seizure accompanied by lots of side effects.