• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Toxicology Results from previous post

Andrew11

Greenlighter
Wondering where to post this?

Where would be the best place to post toxicology reports?

They are from a family member who passed recently

I would like other people to see them to see how they interept the readings.

Thanks

I would consider blacking out their name and any identifying information. Otherwise, have at it. We'll figure something out for you.

Let me know your thoughts.

Positive Findings

Carfentanil 0.24ng/.10ml (blood)
U-47700 0.54ng/.20ml (blood)
Caffeine Pos/.20ml (blood)
Continine Pos/200ml (blood)
Levamisole Pos/0.25ml (blood)
Cocaine 450ng/20ml (blood)
Benzoylecgonine 3200ng/50ml (blood)
Diphenhydramine 230ng/50ml (blood)
Cocaine/Metabolites Presump Pos/150ml (urine)
Fentanyl/Metabolite Presump Pos/2.0ml (urine)

Anaylsis/Summary and reporting limits
Carfentanil .10ng
Furanyl Fentanyl .10ng
U-47700 .20ng
Benzoylecgonine 50ng
Cocaethylene 20ng
Cocaine 20ng
Diphenhydramine 50ng
Amphetamines 500ng
Barbiturates .30mcg
Benzodiazepines 50ng
Cannabinoids 20ng
Cocaine/metabolite 150ng
Fentanyl/Metabolites 2.0ng
Methadone/metabolite 300ng
Opiates 300ng
Oxycodone/Oxymorphone 100ng
Phencyclidine 25ng
Barbiturates 0.040 mcg

Analysis by Enzyme-linked immunosorbent Assay (ELISA) for
Barbiturates 0.040 mcg
Cannabinoids 10ng
Salicyiates 120ng

Analysis by gas chromatography (GC) for
Acetone 5.0mg
Ethanol 10.0mg
Isopropanol 5.0mg
Methanol 5.0mg

Is it a suspect OD? What are you hoping to learn from the tox reports?

If it's a suspected OD, I have a couple thoughts. It *might* be primarily a stimulant-opioid related OD, but there were soooo many drugs present in this person's system. Really should be termed more like a poly substance OD considering there is so much going on. It's more likely the result of combining different stims, multiple opioids, a potent dissociative, and various gabaergic substances.

Last edited by a moderator:
Almost certainly respiratory depression IMO, although the specific numbers don't have much meaning to me. Did you not get an interpretation from the medical examiner?

Here are my main questions. Your best guess since the answer is impossible to know.

1)Were all of these drugs I listed present in his system?
2) Where do you think he did all of these drugs because none were found inside his house? Since he died inside of his house he must of been ok to go from where he took them and until he got home. He was found in his shower so I assume the hot water spiked his blood pressure?
3)Do you think the drugs were powder and pills or just powder?

1. The "positive findings" were cocaine, levamisole, carfentanyl, U47700, nicotine, and diphenhydramine.
2. Does it matter? He could have taken some while out, some at home, or all at home, or all when he was out, but a mixture of the two seems likely. The problem with toxicology reports is that all it can tell you is the amount present in blood/fluids at the time of death, it can't say if he took a small dose recently or a larger dose a long time ago, because those produce about the same amount of drug in tissues.
3. Impossible to say, if there's no dissolved residue from pills in his stomach (which would have to have been consumed very shortly prior to death, like less than 10-20 mins), no major nose irritation, and no fresh needle marks then you can't say for sure.

Death was likely from respiratory depression caused by the opioids carfentanil and U47700, potentiated by diphenhydramine. It's likely that he was doing cocaine at the same time, which was keeping him stimulated and awake, but then once the cocaine wore off he lost consciousness and stopped breathing because the opioids were just too strong.

The shower wasn't really to blame.

If you are going to search this person's personal effects and their living space, please do so with utmost care, or let the police do it, you don't want to inadvertently expose yourself to carfentanil.

Last edited:
Do you think he knew he was taking u-47700 and carfentanil?

Since his body was found several hours after he passed roughly between(12-18 hours) could the numbers be significantly higher regarding the drugs inside his system?

Disregard the first question on this one, but do you think if he knew he was taking u-47700 and carfentanil it was like comitting suicide or not caring what happened because he must of known how deadly they are?

Thanks for your help

It's more likely they were sold these drugs as heroin, and the individual in question was just trying to get high. I wouldn't assume someone was intentionally trying to kill themselves short of a note.

I am sorry for your loss.

Heroin is a deadly drug, about 6 times a recreational dose can be fatal. The exact same proportion is true for alcohol, however. Please don't assume that someone was suicidal just because they were getting high.

It's more likely they were sold these drugs as heroin, and the individual in question was just trying to get high. I wouldn't assume someone was intentionally trying to kill themselves short of a note.

I am sorry for your loss.

Heroin is a deadly drug, about 6 times a recreational dose can be fatal. The exact same proportion is true for alcohol, however. Please don't assume that someone was suicidal just because they were getting high.

Agreed. Given the circumstances I think it's entirely more likely they didn't realize how potent the opioid(s) they thought they were consuming actually were.

He could've died from the benzos and opiate combo too.... There's methadone in their so I assume they were on ORT. Honestly they used a large variety of substance... I even see pcp. The fact they were in the shower means they likely either did not know they were oding, more likely due to the hot shower, or they tried to keep themselves from passing out noticing too strong an effect by having water run over you.

Try not to think too hard about it. It happened, it's sad, mourn, let go, and move on ASAP. I'm sure that besides wanting a better life and not to die that they would want you to move on.

Its difficult but I will move on the best I can. If i have more questions I can think of I will post them. Thanks for your help guys much appreciated.

If there was no suicide note or obvious preparations for end-of-life stuff (giving away posessions, settling debts, etc) then chances are high it was an accidental OD.

i know everyone here is thinking it but no one wants to say it.

It's possible he or someone else put him in the shower because he was in the middle of overdosing. I heard many times of people trying to revive or wake a person by using the shower.

I'm sorry for your loss. It's a very painful thing to go through losing someone you love dearly. The very best thing you can do is stop thinking/worrying about the what's and the why's. You still need to mourn.

I can tell you that he was found alone. I highly doubt someone put him in the shower. The problem I have is since no drugs were found inside the apartment he must have done them somewhere else. How the heck did he do drugs somewhere else especially carfentanil and u-47700 and be able to make it home walk up a set of stairs and into his apartment and hop into the shower without oding before.

Yea I would expect it to happen almost immediately if IV, not making it anywhere but the floor...... but if they were snorting it then its possible to have went a short ways or to have jumped in the shower in an attempt to "sober up", cause you know it's hitting you to hard

Do you know if he IVed or sniffed it or other?

As others have said it certainly has all the characteristics of a classic OD.

Seems like very frequent use of many substances over a long period of time.

This was not the person's first rodeo, that I can guarantee you

There's really no use to speculating like this. The sad truth is you'll never truly know what happened... What your doing seems like what one would do to try to overcome shock, which I can only describe as focusing on finding out what happened so you don't focus on what happened. You need to accept your friend is lost, mourn them maybe have yourself a proper cry, and move on and focus on what is still alive. I know it sounds harsh, but I'm sure this person wouldn't want you to suffer over there loss like this. It's sad, but move on and use what you learned from this experience to never experience it again and maybe save a life.