• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Topical Corticosteroid and Codeine

Michael_25

Bluelighter
I have been using Betamethasone (Eleuphrat) for over 2 weeks now for a dermatitis condition. I tried looking on Google but I could not find articles related to using this ointment and taking large amounts of codeine. Does anyone know if a dangerous interaction exists?

Thank you!

All I did see was the Betamethasone Dipropionate is metabolized by the liver, as is codeine, which is why I'm asking about dangerous interactions.

I did a quick search and did not find anything regarding the use of codeine with your medicine. However I would procede with caution to make sure there are no interactions.

I did a quick search and did not find anything regarding the use of codeine with your medicine. However I would procede with caution to make sure there are no interactions.
Yes, I searched and searched but could not find ANY interactions with this drug, other than it does not get processed via CYP 2DP. Frustrating!

Yeah, from what I read , the stuff your using is a medicine you need to be careful with. Best advice is start low just to check, then use your codeine. That is simply the Harm Reduction way of mixing the two.

Indeed Speed King, I should take 3 T3s first and see what happens, rather than taking my usual 300 mg of codeine. Also, I read it is a VERY strong topical corticosteroid ... so taking 3 T3s to "test the waters" might be the safe bet.

I have been using Betamethasone (Eleuphrat) for over 2 weeks now for a dermatitis condition. I tried looking on Google but I could not find articles related to using this ointment and taking large amounts of codeine. Does anyone know if a dangerous interaction exists?

Thank you!

It's fine. I use a corticosteroid cream for a stress-rash I have and I take high doses of Diphydrocodeine every day and often high-dose codeine too. Makes no difference whatsoever: they do not interact (y)

Betamethasone Dipropionate ((Eleuphrat)

Is a very strong corticosteroid Cream and should have no business being absorbed into the circulatory system or be metabolized at all. Even small amounts taken up into the bloodstream can cause Cortisol and ACTH imbalance problems which is why it isn't to be used on large areas of skin or in larger that 50g any any 3 day period.

Seeing as it's activity is only localized to the dermis, metabolism with Codeine has no bearing on anything. Take your normal codeine without worry.
---