• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

tooth exstraction

kush407smoke

Bluelighter
so I'm having all my teeth pulled i will be unconscious from anastesia im just wondefing what do yall think they will prescribe me for pain

I just had a tooth pulled and bone graft and received a prescription to hydrocodone. I'm guessing if it's every tooth, it will be stronger than hydrocodone at a minimum - it's so hard to know nowadays with the spotlight on prescribing opioids for pain and doctors all worried about their medical license.

I just had a tooth pulled and bone graft and received a prescription to hydrocodone. I'm guessing if it's every tooth, it will be stronger than hydrocodone at a minimum - it's so hard to know nowadays with the spotlight on prescribing opioids for pain and doctors all worried about their medical license.

Well he told me not to make any plans for 2 weeks so I'm guessing ill get 2 weeks worth of pills im hoping for perk 10s

I've never been prescribed opioids for dental work even when I've had teeth pulled, they just weren't needed! Is it really necessary for a strong opioid? Isn't Paracetamol and Ibuprofen adequate?

I honestly never even needed to take the hydrocodone because I really wasn't in pain, myself. But, it's a big difference between one or two teeth pulled and every tooth being pulled, I would imagine. Especially if there's any issues with the nerves, those can be incredible, searing pain.

I've never been prescribed opioids for dental work even when I've had teeth pulled, they just weren't needed! Is it really necessary for a strong opioid? Isn't Paracetamol and Ibuprofen adequate?

I honestly never even needed to take the hydrocodone because I really wasn't in pain, myself. But, it's a big difference between one or two teeth pulled and every tooth being pulled, I would imagine. Especially if there's any issues with the nerves, those can be incredible, searing pain.

Yea im getting every tooth pulled and because there so bad the dentist is gonna havta cut my gums to remove the tooth and also years ago when I had my impacted wisdom teeth they gave me general anastesia and hydros also when I get my teeth removed ill also be under general anastesia

Depends where you are based but not likely, I think I got some cocodamol for having 4 wisdoms under GA, but I believe that's unusual. TBH like others said you don't probably need much it didn't hurt as much as I thought.

so I'm having all my teeth pulled i will be unconscious from anastesia im just wondefing what do yall think they will prescribe me for pain

Really depends on were you are located. I had all my uppers extracted last year & got 10 or 20 hydrocodone. I can't remember exactly. I think 2 a day for a week or something like that. I was in terrible pain for like a month though. It was fucking awful & I still have the bottom ones going to look forward to as well. (n)

I also had to have gums cut & shit like that under general. The bottom will be worse in my case as apparently there are nerves wrapped around extremely deep roots sadly enough. I was supposed to have all of them done at once but they did only half due to said issues. They told me I'd likely have to do the bottom ones in a hospital. I don't know how well you do or don't handle pain &/or medical procedures but consider that it may be more of an issue than the dentist tells you & plan accordingly. As prior to the actual surgery I was told everything was going to go all at once & be no big deal. In my case that did not end up to be the case. Though I take opioids normally for chronic pain I had to increase them by a larger than expected margin. I ended going with methadone + IR medications for a month or so to deal with it & ended up needing about double what I'd expected! I'm planning on the same for the next round but I digress. I just wanted to give you context as I see many people in the thread saying it didn't hurt much & such. As such from what I've seen it really varies quite a large amount from person to person as in my case it was very painful. :\

I wish you the best of luck! I don't want to frighten you in anyway BTW I just figured it's best to share my experience as I wish I'd had more information going in. It seems there is quite a degree of variance in how well people respond from what I've seen & what people are saying in this thread. Planning ahead for my own pain relief was a major saving grace in my case. I hope everything works out for you with your procedure & that pain relief isn't even a concern in yours! The way a person responds to this procedure seems to greatly vary individual to individual as I know other people that had all there teeth extracted at once & found it to be "no big deal" as others in this thread have posted. Multiple people in fact. I'm hoping that you fall in that category of those people for whom it's not a issue. You have my best wishes. :)

From what I'm hearing here, I wonder if I got the hydrocodone prescription because of the bone graft and issues with the nerve versus just having my tooth pulled

Really depends on were you are located. I had all my uppers extracted last year & got 10 or 20 hydrocodone. I can't remember exactly. I think 2 a day for a week or something like that. I was in terrible pain for like a month though. It was fucking awful & I still have the bottom ones going to look forward to as well. (n)

I also had to have gums cut & shit like that under general. The bottom will be worse in my case as apparently there are nerves wrapped around extremely deep roots sadly enough. I was supposed to have all of them done at once but they did only half due to said issues. They told me I'd likely have to do the bottom ones in a hospital. I don't know how well you do or don't handle pain &/or medical procedures but consider that it may be more of an issue than the dentist tells you & plan accordingly. As prior to the actual surgery I was told everything was going to go all at once & be no big deal. In my case that did not end up to be the case. Though I take opioids normally for chronic pain I had to increase them by a larger than expected margin. I ended going with methadone + IR medications for a month or so to deal with it & ended up needing about double what I'd expected! I'm planning on the same for the next round but I digress. I just wanted to give you context as I see many people in the thread saying it didn't hurt much & such. As such from what I've seen it really varies quite a large amount from person to person as in my case it was very painful. :\

I wish you the best of luck! I don't want to frighten you in anyway BTW I just figured it's best to share my experience as I wish I'd had more information going in. It seems there is quite a degree of variance in how well people respond from what I've seen & what people are saying in this thread. Planning ahead for my own pain relief was a major saving grace in my case. I hope everything works out for you with your procedure & that pain relief isn't even a concern in yours! The way a person responds to this procedure seems to greatly vary individual to individual as I know other people that had all there teeth extracted at once & found it to be "no big deal" as others in this thread have posted. Multiple people in fact. I'm hoping that you fall in that category of those people for whom it's not a issue. You have my best wishes. :)

My dentist said its a major surgery and that itd take 1 and a half to 2 hours so I'm really curious what ill be getting for pain he said he'd give me a 2 week work excuse so I figured I'd get at least 2 weeks worth of pills

My dentist said its a major surgery and that itd take 1 and a half to 2 hours so I'm really curious what ill be getting for pain he said he'd give me a 2 week work excuse so I figured I'd get at least 2 weeks worth of pills

Makes sense. It's definitely a major surgery IMHO. Based on the thread it appears that generally hydrocodone is what is prescribed. As mentioned I don't know your experience with opioids so I can't say if that'll be enough or not. I know in my case what I was provided would have lasted me a day at best. :\
If you don't have an opioid tolerance what is prescribed may work just fine for you. To answer the op the consensus seems to be hydrocodone based on the replies. In the end it'll come down to the dentists preference though. As mentioned best of luck with everything! I hope the procedure goes smoothly & you heal up well. :)

Makes sense. It's definitely a major surgery IMHO. Based on the thread it appears that generally hydrocodone is what is prescribed. As mentioned I don't know your experience with opioids so I can't say if that'll be enough or not. I know in my case what I was provided would have lasted me a day at best. :\
If you don't have an opioid tolerance what is prescribed may work just fine for you. To answer the op the consensus seems to be hydrocodone based on the replies. In the end it'll come down to the dentists preference though. As mentioned best of luck with everything! I hope the procedure goes smoothly & you heal up well. :)

Thank you n even if I got 30 pills that'd last 2-3 days but my mom will be in control of the pills so they'll last I hope its an easy surgery though