• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

tooth decay.

phase_dancer said:

BTW, off topic, but I'm interested in hearing if any of you who suffer Bruxia were ever placed on antibiotics - particularly the penicillians - for extended periods as a child.

i have only been treated with high doses of penicillian once at age 4, and have stayed away from other antibiotics all my life. i'd say i have had amoxylon antibiotic 4 maybe 5 times in the past 25 years, b4 that i wouldnt remember. i'm alot like bruce willis in unbreakable... but i'm no super hero.

my house mate can hear me some nights. he says its like i'm crushing hard boiled lollies with my mouth open.
i do it regularly and can wake up grinding or with a very tense jaw. i have done so all my life, well as far as i can remember.
mrs spgeddi massages my jaw around the hinge of the mandible and i stop... but the muscles are very developed and she reakons i would have a fierce bite! i can like flex my jaw and they stick out!

Thanks for that dR spgeddi. Although I find it hard to believe such medication could be involved with bruxia later in life, I know 2 people who suffer the problem (apart from me) who also were given antibiotics as a child for lengthy periods. I was on penicillin for over 2 years, 3 times a day following peritonitis. I'll never forget the cupboard full of big brown bottles, or the sickly sweet syrup I was made to drink. My immune system was fucked until I was about 22-23.

It's interesting that my brother doesn't suffer the condition, but there are of course many variables other than the antibiotics each of were prescribed. Probably has more to do with stress, although these days I'm the relaxed one by comparison.

The injestion of the afore mentioned chemicals are rather acidic upon the body. Blood is slightly alkaline. The blood needs to maintain it's alkalinity and withdraws the most alkaline element (calcium) from bones and teeth in order to offset the acid effect of the chemical.

As a side issue this also happens when you eat a fair deal of meat (Over consumption of animal protein occasions a proportionally large amount of calcium in urine). This too happens with pasturised cows milk.

This is commonly called Osteoporosis.

Note: There are numerous international studies supporting these claims.

Last edited:
Steriods are bad for your teeth and bones. I was taking prescribed steriods for a while and my teeth have decayed majorly as well as the beginnings of Osteoporosis in my wrists. And Im only 22!

Illegal steriods work much in the same way by decreasing the amount of calcium in your body.

I remember reading that in Newscientist too BongoBongo.

i should really get back into that mag..

LOL^^ I buy it all the time, but I realised that half the articles go over my head and the other half are boring as fuck... I think I'm just sucked in by those neato psychedelic looking photoshop covers! :D

I'm a sucker for pretty colours =D

arter 7 years of abuse and trying every possible way known to man to get the shit into my body i found that hittin tha pipe definatley dissolved layers of enamel, almost overnight. there i was sucking on a pipe minding my own bussines when all of a sudden i found myself spitting out what was left of my second molar. im not saying other methods of ingestion wernt the cause but hittin the crackey was the main cause of my demise. $1370 and 6 teeth later should be enough to convince anyone and like you Dr. i am a keen brusher. one more thing i noticed whilst on it was my inability to consume large healthy meals and only small if any sugar laiden snacks and sports/energy drinks. add this to the wiz and the ill healt caused by it and you've got a head full of holes. hence my name. see ya D and tell B he better get a check-up as an abbsess left too long will eat away the jaw bone and even turn into a tumor(rare cases). P.S. do you do brain transplants mines fryed

phase_dancer said:
Snort it and some will still end up in your mouth.

Bombing is very bad for your stomach and esophagus. The better method is to dilute well in a glass of water and drink it. That way there's no little concentrated ball of meth which may stick to your stomach walls and burn through the mucosa into the delicate folds known as Rugae. When this happens a peptic ulcer can be formed.

wow it appears meth is not very good for you maybe i'll just have another beer instead.

And forgive me if I'm wrong, but it seems to be that tooth decay is experienced to the same degree whether you blast, smoke, snort or bomb which seems to make the saliva/dehydration theory the most relevant in my mind.

i suffer from premature enamel wear too, and swear that in my case bongs are to blame... and possibly not brushing quite enough due to being a lazy stoner...

i'm off them now so with flouride treatment and regular brushing hopefully the wear will ease off...

i've never done a lot of meth so i'm sure it's not to blame with me

BongoBongo been closest to the correct answer.

Must admit BongoBongo has been the closest so far.. It is the ACIDIC pH levels which act in the destruction of your teeth, brushing itself simply wont cut it. If you buying gear and you dont know where it came from, chances are you will be mr cavity *not cavity search* by the time you are 30 *if using at teenage years* :: Being HCL, for true salt/powder to form in the cooking of this illicit substance, the perfect pH of the end product has been synthesised, the ph of the liquid is set to neutral for 1 reason only. TO CREATE THE POWDER. the pH is raised in alot of batches simply to produce more powder *increase the yield* which 1) does play with your teeth as the powder holds a higher than decent ph level which would lean towards an acidic pH. You also notice, hcl = hydrochloric, hcl produced by adding hydrochloric acid *used in pool/spa 's to lower the ph level* :: and if you havent worked it out yet, HCL is what CREATES the freebase form of meth *oil* into a form which can be smoked/snorted/injected *BASE*. clean gears burn in powder form and leave ONLY a residue depending if cleaned further after synthesis or not, most do not. The burning sensation in ya nose when snorted, created by.... well, cant be hard to figure out.

Peace.
- SWIM

Being HCL, for true salt/powder to form in the cooking of this illicit substance, the perfect pH of the end product has been synthesised, the ph of the liquid is set to neutral for 1 reason only

I'm not sure what you're getting at here. The freebase liquid is usually isolated by raising pH to around 12-13. The solvent free freebase liquid will be slighly basic due the properties of non-protonated amines.

TO CREATE THE POWDER. the pH is raised in alot of batches simply to produce more powder *increase the yield* which 1) does play with your teeth as the powder holds a higher than decent ph level which would lean towards an acidic pH.

I agree that more HCl can be introduced when forming the salt and that residue may remain. But this will naturally dissipate to the air providing humidity is not too high. Any HCl salt which has been over gased or acidified will smell sharp and horrible. Heating and drying in the tablet formulation process would also be expected to drive off any excess HCl.