• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Tooth decay from meth use?(smoking)

His teeth were in terrible shape from methadone/heroin because of his care of them not the drugs, but I think he realizes that.

As I said about his pharmacist, it's a vast oversimplification, there are the drugs effects, and then how the drugs make you behave/take care of your body/teeth/mind.

BTW going for my dental checkup tomorrow. Got insurance online for 15$ a month, come on guys, I don't have a job. That's a free cleaning and checkup/xrays and whatnot (2x year free), cause I ponied up the 15$ a month (which saved me 2k already on a root canal).

Get dental insurance if you can't afford health insurance. It's a damn good investment - wish I had done it sooner, I may have not even needed that root canal!

@ lolwhatzdrugz, Do you mind if I ask the name of the dental insurance company? I have medical insurance but not dental, and even the dental plans here (NY) are so expensive, you end up paying more for the premium than you would had you just paid the dental bill out of pocket.
Thanks!

Meth was one of the later drugs I started doing after going on the opiate train for 10 years. Opiates helped me to go ahead and end up having my teeth pulled for some falsies at 30. A lot of sodas as a kid, too many cavities, then getting lazy on pills and not doing shit or being sick.

On a good note, if I'm at home and going to hit the ice, I just pop them bitches out and realize that's at least one thing that won't get fucked. Actually, I think I'll go hit what I have left now. Fuck you meth :)

Try this. My buddy showed me this when his teeth started to hurt from meth. He has been a daily smoker little over 2 years now. His teeth really started hurting and they felt loose in alot of areas. His connect showed him this method of smoking and he swears buy it. its really easy. You take your regular pipe for meth and attached a foot and half long clear tubing where the mouth piece goes. Get them at any hardware store. Then take a scentless tea candle. One of the small ones. Too big and your just suckin in the wax fumes.

What you do his melt down the bowl using your bic lighter and then when ready to fill with smoke put it over the candle and put the tubing up to your nose and starting taking a rip. The smoke doesnt burn, its almost cooling. Its kinda like a different hotrail and you can take big rips. He said after he started doing that his teeth felt fine after a while. After a few sessions you can see all the shit that would normally being hit your mouth and teeth on the sides of the tubing. Its pretty amazing. You want tubing that will fit snug over the pipe so your not losing air. Hope that helps.

Almost forgot. Biotene is a must, best brand out there and basically gives you back what meth takes away. Our saliva. Meth drys that shit out which means no more good bacteria fightin off the bad fuckers which leads to all sorts of fun dental problems. Biotene helps you keep that saliva. You can use it multiple times a day. Little bit more expensive but seriously worth every bit

Last edited:
Try to put the edge of the pipe behind your teeth when you smoke,it could make a big difference

Try this. My buddy showed me this when his teeth started to hurt from meth. He has been a daily smoker little over 2 years now. His teeth really started hurting and they felt loose in alot of areas. His connect showed him this method of smoking and he swears buy it. its really easy. You take your regular pipe for meth and attached a foot and half long clear tubing where the mouth piece goes. Get them at any hardware store. Then take a scentless tea candle. One of the small ones. Too big and your just suckin in the wax fumes.

What you do his melt down the bowl using your bic lighter and then when ready to fill with smoke put it over the candle and put the tubing up to your nose and starting taking a rip. The smoke doesnt burn, its almost cooling. Its kinda like a different hotrail and you can take big rips. He said after he started doing that his teeth felt fine after a while. After a few sessions you can see all the shit that would normally being hit your mouth and teeth on the sides of the tubing. Its pretty amazing. You want tubing that will fit snug over the pipe so your not losing air. Hope that helps.

Almost forgot. Biotene is a must, best brand out there and basically gives you back what meth takes away. Our saliva. Meth drys that shit out which means no more good bacteria fightin off the bad fuckers which leads to all sorts of fun dental problems. Biotene helps you keep that saliva. You can use it multiple times a day. Little bit more expensive but seriously worth every bit
Wow, the mental image produced is sufficiently amusing.

This is exactly the type of crazy and overzealous shit I would expect from a meth dealer/user. How about not eating tons of sweets and drinking sugary drinks, and just practicing good oral hygiene. You cut out tons of sweets/soda/candy/other sugary shit and brush your teeth twice a day while using meth and you'll be fine. The second part about biotene along with mitigating sugar consumption and brushing your teeth is even better.

How is this crazy and overzealous? If you think that is, then the fact of smoking meth is just as crazy. Do you know what a hotrail is? Well this is pretty much a safer alternative and helps in the amount of shit on your teeth. That post was what sites like this are about which is harm reduction. Maybe your image in your head isnt what i explained. If you have questions you can ask me but to say it is crazy is just not accurate and is ignorant as well.

Also your little comment about shit you would expect from a meth user/dealer makes it seem like those people are second class citizens. First of all, thats a pretty arrogant thing to say. Whats your drug of choice? ya i dont see the difference with people strung out on opiates or meth. There still people. Does that make you above anyone else? Check yourself man. And second, i never mentioned a dealer and im certainly not one if thats what your saying.

Your post is just useless cause all you do is talk shit about people that use meth making it seem like your above them, talk shit about a technique that is harm reducing , and then you just repeat what other people have already said. So how does your post helpp anything except further the divide between people that use meth and people that dont.

Last edited:
It's overzealous because it's unnecessary. If you do the two things I mentioned plus that biotene you mentioned it'll be fine.

You're a bit sensitive, I just thought the mental image was funny - I didn't say anything about it being stupid or meth-heads being crazy.

And forgive me, I thought I read "your dealer" not "your buddy." It sure sounds like you've got a big chip on your shoulder; I've smoked meth a handful of times so it's not like I'm talking down to people for smoking meth or anything.

Just sip water, or keep your mouth moist, brush your teeth, and don't eat a shit ton of sugar and teethies will be dandy.

This is exactly the type of crazy and overzealous shit I would expect from a meth dealer/user.

Well, I dont know how you would expect someone to react when they read this. I dont think im being sensitive cause it seems pretty clear to me your opinion of meth users.

Chip on my shoulder? Cause i posted a technique i feel is helpful in reducing the harmful side effects of meth on the teeth. Or my second post that was in response to someone laughing at it . Again, i dont see where i show a chip on my shoulder cause i felt like i should defend my point. Trying to help is not a chip on your shoulder.

I never said this is a cure all and you'll never have teeth problems but i feel it helps just like the points you were making about good oral hygiene.

Laugh at how you think it looks but it really does help and thats all the matters to me. Id rather look "wierd" and save myself a few problems in the dentist chair then be cool and have to deal with dental problems and all the money that comes with that. its cliche but "dont knock it till you try it."

If sensitive is wanting to say something when someone laughs at your idea then ya i guess i am sensitive

Dude, get over it. I didn't 'laugh at your idea' - I said the way you described it, the image in my head made me laugh. I didn't denigrate you for trying to improve your dental hygiene nor did I advise people not to do it or say it wouldn't work.

it seems pretty clear to me your opinion of meth users.

You read the part where I mentioned doing meth? I'm not a particularly self-loathing person.

I am calling bullshit on all of you who think that just because a substance is a hydrochloride salt it will corrode tooth enamel. The acid is caused by the enhanced bacterial growth (they produce the acid that causes cavities) in the absence of sufficient neutralizing saliva due to dry mouth. The tooth soreness is also caused by dry mouth leading to a rapid onset of gingivitis which is visible as darker gum tips in between each tooth. It seems this can happen even if you brush and floss on an intense Adderall binge since the mouth is so dry.

The scientific literature on the subject shows that snorting it is actually worse than smoking it because it absorbs right above the upper pallet leading to local vasoconstriction. The temporary film on your teeth from smoking it pales in comparison.

Last edited:
Hey dude, dont tell me to get over something. Im gonna react to something however i want to. What you post is a little different than how you explain it. Your post say one thing;

This is exactly the type of crazy and overzealous shit I would expect from a meth dealer/user.

My intent wasnt to make people laugh and it is by no means crazy shit what im saying which leads to my other question for you.

So what type of crazy shit do you expect from a meth user? Say compared to a heroin user, or cocaine, or MDMA?

You dont have to answer these as im not trying to drag this out further but i think you should see how some people might interpret what you posted a little different than how you explain it later.

Most tooth decay is actually due to dehydration.
I had more cavities appear during my herion years then smoking meth just because I wasnt drinking what.

Just stay hydrated. Brush and floss religiously and youll be golden.

Hydration may not suffice on a binge, your teeth will still be dry. Mouth wash with brush/flossing is important as well.

The dryness is the cause, dehydration and drugs both cause dry mouth. Idk why people are ignoring my ultimate final answer to this question in my previous post wtf.......

The dry mouth, the bruxism(teeth grinding), the neglect using drugs can promote and several other factors can contribute to tooth loss related to amphetamines.

And overall, amphetamine/stimulant use is much harder on your teeth than opiate use, pretty much because of the dry-mouth and the teeth-grinding that are commonly caused by amphetamines and aren't caused by opiates.

It's often the behaviors associated with using certain drugs that have the negative consequences, not the drug use itself.