Tool: Fear Inoculum

His Name Is Frank

Bluelight Crew
Wow. What a difference thirteen years makes. That's how long it's been since I first officially joined Bluelight, after being a lurker for several years. That's how long it's been since Tool released their last album, 10,000 Days. Now, Fear Inoculum, an incredible album, has finally been released, and not one single thread or mention? Really? I remember when 10,000 Days was released, tons of users were singing its praises. I know there are still tons of Tool fans out there. Where are the Tool fans on Bluelight, now? This is very disappointing.

Wow. What a difference thirteen years makes. That's how long it's been since I first officially joined Bluelight, after being a lurker for several years. That's how long it's been since Tool released their last album, 10,000 Days. Now, Fear Inoculum, an incredible album, has finally been released, and not one single thread or mention? Really? I remember when 10,000 Days was released, tons of users were singing its praises. I know there are still tons of Tool fans out there. Where are the Tool fans on Bluelight, now? This is very disappointing.

3B84BC9C-26D7-4C1A-983A-936820B18CF8.jpeg

Maynard is a god. The lyrics on Fear Inoculum are genius.

It was definitely worth the wait. At first, I was disappointed that there were only seven tracks. But when I actually thought about it, when you remove the interludes from the other albums, there aren't really that many songs on them either. Aside from Chocolate Chip Trip, Fear Inoculum is all music, no filler. Even CCT is enjoyable. Have you seen Tool live? I've seen them live twice, and they put on an amazing show every time.

Nice to see a true band reaching the top positions on the charts, having long songs
I just hope we don't have to wait so long for their next album. Hopefully, Tool will see that they are still very much loved, and it will inspire them to get back in the studio in the next year or two.

I like it more than I liked 10000 Days when it came out, but less than I like 10000 Days now.

It would be a mostly phenomenal album if it was any other band.

Just going to infiltrate this with a wonderful APC for anyone lurking who has never heard.

APC are a bunch of narcissistic salesmen but its a great tune all the same ;)

Just going to infiltrate this with a wonderful APC for anyone lurking who has never heard.

APC are a bunch of narcissistic salesmen but its a great tune all the same ;)

Just saw them last year for the first time, Maynard’s voice has gotten even better with age, like a fine wine - he sounded like an angel. Last time I had seen him was with Tool in the 90s so it was a nice treat.

So like.... myself and most people I've talked to have said this album is "still Tool so it's still good" but it's lacking something new- just sounds all the same. The more you listen on repeat the more you can appreciate. Not knocking it, just saying a POV that hasn't been covered in this thread and perhaps why it didn't get a huge response.

I’ve been obsessed with Tool (and APC) for a long time. Perfect music to listen to while high. Their fans are always so passionate.. I can’t believe there aren’t more comments on this thread?!
Just saw them last year for the first time, Maynard’s voice has gotten even better with age, like a fine wine - he sounded like an angel. Last time I had seen him was with Tool in the 90s so it was a nice treat.

Absolutely agree that Maynard gets better with age. I saw them in concert in Fresno this past January and they were fucking amazing as always. Have seen them live several times and they never disappoint.

Great album, though honestly my least favorite. It's not bad at all. It was just a little too "soft" I guess. Most bands lose their edge over time, so I was expecting it.

Certainly an amazing album on its own. I probably need to listen to a few more times. Only gave it one listen.

I loved their early hard shit, aenima and 10,000 days were my favorite albums.

I was just thinking about starting a tool appreciation thread and found this... I missed the Brisbane concert by half an hour and was so pissed off and cranky I was waiting for the money to get to my account and the train I had to go on ok left just before it hit my bank... So I purchased from fear inoculum for 90$ and it was worth every cent. How they have evolved since the early days of opiate and undertow I loved it was a masterpiece of music and the pictures with the holographic one's and the download of the double ended being traveling through the spiral of eyes and then the music I have actually found it a awesome album to do meditation and self hypnosis, sadly it was stolen from me a few weeks ago, my girlfriend being a beautiful soul is getting me a new copy for my birthday coming up soon. I loved it so much that I have a tattoo on my leg above the ankle with a T (covering a old cross) and fear inoculum encircling it. Tool has been with me for the bigger part of my life and has helped me in the bad times and inspired me in the good times. I'm tracking bands on this app and the next time they hit Australia I am willing to spend the 500 or what ever the price to get the VIP tickets and do the front row and get to meet the people who are an inspiration and one of the most unique bands I've been blessed to grow up with. Bless this immunity.