• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Took Tizanidine- Am I going to be ok??

Morrow222

Greenlighter
Took 8MG of Tizanidine and feel super fucked up, like I may go unconscious writing this. Uh..don't know what to ask really except am I going to be ok? Girlfriend should be here soon...and how long does it last?

If that makes sense, thanks for helping :)

I am not very familiar with this drug so don't take my word as gospel, but from what I can tell, that doesn't sound like a dangerous dose.

They make this pill in 2mg 4mg and 6mg formulations, so I cant imagine that 8mg would actually be dangerous.
It is a muscle relaxer so im not surprised you are falling asleep.

All in all I think you should be fine but have your gf check in on you and maybe someone who is more familiar with this drug can chime in.-DG

There's a study of people taking an overdose if this and the mean dose was almost 80mg so i think you should be ok as long as it is the only thing you have taken. No one can promise this over the net though, if you are at all worried get yourself to an emergency department where they can check your BP etc. Better safe than sorry...

you should be ok.. i would lay down.. that shit has a nasty way of having you just fall asleep right were you are..

i used it with my fent patches to keep the opiate receptors downregulated (off label off course; doctor script)..

i once woke up on my keyboard, once on the floor.. dont remember how i got there..

zanaflex creeps up on you till, BANG, you're out...

be careful...

I take tizanidine daily, and yes, you should be just fine, although avoid if on anything that drops blood pressure sharply, its heavily sedating, but doesn't work on GABA receptors like most sedatives, but as an agonist of the alpha2 adrenoreceptors, lessening catecholamine release.

I find plugged, it is 100% reliable in making me sleep, even during the likes of opiate withdrawal, only snag is its shortish half life.

Usually lasts about 4-5ish hours for me, rectally, 8mg would be enough to knock me out cold, and I have been taking it a while, hell two 2mg tablets will put me out for the count, although I've taken up to about 14-16mg in the past.

Took 8MG of Tizanidine and feel super fucked up, like I may go unconscious writing this. Uh..don't know what to ask really except am I going to be ok? Girlfriend should be here soon...and how long does it last?

If that makes sense, thanks for helping :)

OMG! The exact same thing happened to me Saturday @ 3:00 in the morning. I had taken a 10 mg perc 5 hours earlier then took 4 mg.Tizanidine. My breathing and heart slowed down so much I thought if I fell asleep, I would pass away and no one would know. I finally made my husband wake up @ 6 something and watch me until I fell asleep to make sure my breathing was okay. I take both for pain, but not the tizanidine very often unless I had a more painful day than usual, and only 2 mg with no side effects. It just does what it's supposed to. I NEVER want to take it again, I'll live through the pain. It/I also caused me to have a massive panic attack but wasn't about to take something for that. I'm glad I'm not the only one who had a weird experience. Wish I would've posted it when it happened.
So the question is..... are you going to take some ever again?