• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Detox Took my last shot of H this morning. Now the fun begins...

Chris42393

Bluelighter
Unfortunately, I recently relapsed about 3-4 weeks ago. I had surgery and started taking opiates again and quickly moved to Heroin, due to the prescribed pain medication not being strong enough. I took my last shot of H this morning at 9:40am and now the fun will begin... I have some comfort medication, so im hoping it will help. I have Requip for RLS, Zofran for nausea, Immodium for stomach problems, Marijuana for sleep/anxiety/stress/etc. (and like 2-3 other medications as well).

I was reading up that CBD can help with cravings, so im taking several tokes of high CBD strains (ACDC) to help.

Right now im feeling good, having no problems at all. About to take a nice indica to help relax me off to bed.

Hopefully ill be good in a week. Not going to use Kratom this time, so I dont get hooked on that (which is what happened last time).

Wish me luck!

EDIT: Ended up taking Kratom *facepalm*... guess ill just do a taper lol

Last edited:
Hey Chris!

Glad you're prepared, and feeling well tonight. Good job on your decision to stop using. Very wise.

I'm here for you. I check the forums frequently, I don't sleep the greatest. Check in if you're awake or whatever.

Good luck!

Hey chris, I'm on day 24 clean right now and even though that first week or so really sucked it seems like it was so long ago already. Just keep telling yourself "I'll feel even better tomorrow" every day and you'll get there before you know it. Sounds like you are similar to most of us and have been down this road before. Just wanted to say at this time next week you'll be doing much better. Just wanted to say you got this and good luck.

Thanks for the replies! Its the start of day two (25th hour) and I can definitely feel the WD's. Got cold/hot flashes with sweating, some depression, runny nose, and just general weakness. Im currently at work and I dont not want to be here (because of the depression)... I work 24-hour shifts and have a feeling this is going to suck.

I wanna try Loperamide for some symptoms, but dont know if will increase the time the WDs will be here.

Last edited:
hey- good luck!!

i would say, if your withdrawal only started on day 2, and you've only been using a few weeks, you shouldn't be in for too hellish a rattle. IME, the sooner the withdrawal starts, the worse it is.

i have never ever managed a rattle bareback so i am a hypocrite saying this but try not to use the loperamide. it does help, but it definitely draws things out. i've failed rattles by being a wuss, using an opiate to deal with the symptoms, though not enough to even get me out of WDs, then still being sick on day 10 when it should have been over with already and going back on the dark!!

Thank you very much! I was using Kratom for several months (like 5 or so). Started using Hydrocodone for a few weeks because of surgery and then moved back into heroin, for several weeks as well. But thats good to know ("IME, the sooner the withdrawal starts, the worse it is."). Hopefully it wont be too bad then. Guess only time will tell!

Pulling for you Chris! I hope you feel better soon. I can't imagine working 24 hours going through withdrawals!

IME, the sooner the withdrawal starts, the worse it is.
I have to say I agree with this 100%. For me personally:

withdrawal from low dose norco (30-60mg daily for a few months =30-60 MME) I didn't feel too bad until about the 3rd day, and even then it never got too bad.

Withdrawal from 90mg oxy (135 MME) regularly for a few months day one was perfectly normal, later in the day on day two is when it got bad.

Withdrawal from fentanyl patches, regular use of 100-200mcg (240-480 MME) for a little over a year. I felt like I wanted to throw up 5 hours after taking the patches off. It got bad really fast after that.

I know a lot of that can be contributed to higher doses but the fact still remains that each one of those were significantly worse than the previous one and the onset of withdrawal happened much faster.

Thanks for the replies! Unfortunately, I ended up taking Kratom... I was at work and wasn't in my "right" mind and needed to take some. With my job, I need to be 100%. So now I just doing a taper plan with the Kratom. Im going to start at 5.5g's (today) going down to 1.5g over the course of these next 5 days (to Saturday). Hopefully, the WD symptoms will be gone (or at least the worst of it) by the 20th with the Kratom taper.

Using kratom isn't failure by any means. Just slowly taper down with it.

Thanks cj! I was really bummed out this morning when i originally took it... I tried SO HARD to just suck it up, but the WD's were affecting my performance at work... And I cant have that happen (Firefighter/Paramedic). Hopefully, over these few days, everything will go good.

Withdrawals are really hard to "just suck up". I think you did the right thing

I absolutely agree with you, CJ. Thanks for the reply :)

Just got off shift this morning (now I got 2 days off). Im currently on my 3rd day clean from H. I have decreased the Kratom dose down to 4.5g's (from 5.5g) and will be taking it 3 times today (morning, lunch and dinner time). I woke up with chills, but it wasn't that bad at all (it was about 12 hours since my last dose of Kratom). Im feeling much better after taking it. I also noticed that my Requip (RLS medication) has been working as well. USUALLY, Restless Leg Syndrome is the worst symptom, but its completely gone. I also took some CBD earlier this morning as well and it helped stopped my cravings. Was doing some research last night and apparently, it can help with cravings, which it did. RLS and cravings is the biggest thing for me. I was legit about to buy some H (I wanted it SO BAD), but I took a few hits of my CBD (via vape pen) and stopped that completely (thankfully).

Will update later!

You're doing awesome Chris. Fuck trying to work in withdrawal.

I did and it was a nightmare. I was working in a lock down dementia ward. Omfg. The patients kept trying to escape. They'd set off the alarm - almost constantly. And I had to chase them, sick as hell.

I was wearing my winter coat inside. I get so hypothermicly cold during w/d. I looked crazy. Everyone kept asking why I had my coat on. It was terrible.

As cj said, taking Kratom, by no means, is failing. You're attitude seems great, which is huge. The mental part really can fuck with you. Great job!! We're rooting for you Chris. Hang in there.

Yeah it was pretty bad trying to do it at work... It was miserable lol. I can only imagine doing it in the dementia ward! I was like that too (with the coat). I live in Florida and I had a jacket on as well and its 90 degree's outside LOL. Im sitting there freezing with goosebumps and the guys at my station are looking at me like Im crazy as well lol

**Its day 4 now! Ended up waking up at 3:30am this morning... Started feeling the WD's, which weren't too bad... but they were definitely noticeable (worse than yesterdays). I knew I wasnt going back to bed, so i decided to take my "tea" at 4:40am, instead of at 9. No point sitting in bed all morning, feeling sick... So I took it early lol. I decreased my Kratom dosage yesterday (im doing it today as well) and thats probably why I could feel the WD's more than usual. Thankfully I have some errands to do today, so hopefully, it will be able to take my mind off things (mainly opiates lol). Ill be taking my CBD (16:1 ratio) soon too, to help with cravings. Im surprised how well that worked yesterday. Such a shame I can't take that at work... I cant be vaping something that smells like marijuana (which it is) at the Fire station LOL, even if it is non-psychoactive.

Thank everyone for the kind words and encouragement!

Up in Cleveland suburbs heroin exploded around 2011. All from opana its oxymorphone and snorting it once turned anyone who loved oxycodone into a real junkie overnight because it took u to a level that kicked the shit outta everything except good IV H. Opana snort 20mg was utter bliss. Wd so bad oxy cou do shit so in 6mos in 2012 2013 opanas were heroin junkies cure then just like overnight cops found warehouse and now u have pill snorters all hooked extremely bad trying to work during opana withdrawals rivaled heroin only psychologically. So heroin exploded pills out. Im saying because nobody mentions this 6 to 8 month period in Cleveland oxymorphone snorted ruined everyone who did it once u knew u felt too good and good iv heron was the only way anyone could get relief. Me and my brother (RIP) and all our friends became straight junkies overnight. Now 2018 19 the damage is done my whole crew is dead or dead inside. Kratom maybe savef my life. 2013 to 2015 i was locked up or in intense rehabs alcoholism and 4 yrs of AA. Heroin addiction and alcoholism the free suitcases of cancer meds for free (9 month worry free easy 100,000 dollars in pills every dope addicts magic wish. Im glad it happened by 2015 i just had a liver that handled everything. So now i take suboxone i might b on for 5 yrs its been 2yrs and allowed me to live and i quit alcohol on my own i hit enough bottoms and my dream of being a professional party animal and a tan . I apologize man im sorry im new dont bash me its my birthday im 34. Your wd story reminded me . took me 3 yrs to find who i was but we're all different i learned the answer to everything i need to know is within i see so many guys get told to quit the Suboxone and they're dead . dad and brother dead . fuck what other people say ive made progress on subs. and kratom but kratom i still could take more drugs blah blah 1 thing is ive never seen anyone fully cured . id read up on spirituality . i apologize im just some guy who was totally coherent with a BAC OF .7 i bragged about that shit

Davitro, Im so sorry to hear about the loss of your friends and family members. I can only imagine how hard that must be :( Im glad you're clean! Its not easy by any means...

**Just doing some random thinking... Throughout high school, I never had the urge to take any form of drugs. I wanted to be a Navy SEAL so I always stayed away from them (due to legal problems). After I joined the Navy with a SEAL contract I started having seizures (was eventually kicked out of the Navy because of it), and was diagnosed with temporal lobe epilepsy. I noticed ever since I started having seizures my personality changed and im not sure if my drug use is because of the seizures or what. I was just reading something about epilepsy and it said: "Illicit drug use may be more prevalent among people with epilepsy than the general population". I wonder if that's why I always have a craving for a "high" (whatever drug it may be ie. opiates). Ive literally taken drugs ever since my seizures started :/

This really wasnt an update per se, was just doing some thinking and thought id post it lol

If anyone else has epilepsy and things changed for them, id like to hear about it!

**Its day 5!! I woke up with literally 0 withdrawals. I'm surprised, its been 13 hours since my last Kratom dosage (took it at 7pm last night) and thought I might have felt something. But I feel completely normal. Was expecting some depression/anxiety, runny nose, or chills... but absolutely nothing.

I was debating on whether to take my tea again to see how i felt, but I decided I'm still going to taper the Kratom, 2 times today and 2 tomorrow and then quit on Sunday, BUT this is very scary for me... I completely went through my withdrawal with very very minimal pain (in only 5 days!!). The reason why I quit was because of the precipitated WD's.... but I didn't have any (for the most part). I'm extremely afraid ill start 'using' again, knowing I won't have any (assuming it goes the same way)...

Maybe I should have done CT, to remember how bad it feels... Having used tons of pills and heroin and having no WD's is a bad thing in my eyes... (if anyone can relate). It feels like I cheated death.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Last edited:
Hi Chris!

I lived in Florida for 5yrs. I'm coming down (I'm from PA), next month for 3weeks.

How did your personality change w epilepsy? I had seizures -both times I detoxed CT- off of my raging opiate/dope habit. I seized from being on opiates, no alcohol, and occasional benzo use. After those seizures, I was having cognitive issues. I had trouble writing. Meaning I could see the letter in my mind, but struggled to write it on paper.

I hear what you're saying about feeling like you got off the hook easy. I promise, it won't stay that way.

When I first started lapsing back onto dope, I could do a 7-10day taper with subs, and be ok. That worked for awhile. But, within a year, it stopped working.

I made the decision to go on Subutex. To end the craziness. Do you yourself a favor - just don't. You'll end up on subs or addicted to Kratom, etc. It's inevitable. The only drug I can't casually use is opiates. Ever. Damn.

I'm glad you're feeling well!!!???❤️

Hello Stargazer! And thats cool! The weather is finally getting nice here. The temperature is finally starting to warm up! Hopefully, it stays that way for you! I just had some family from PA come down and visit us, they're back up north now.

I hope your cognitive issues have resolved! I can only imagine how frightening that must have been! But im glad you said that, if it worked every time id be in trouble... Just hearing that makes me feel better lol Imma try my best to keep clean!

Thanks for the reply! :)