• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Detox Took my last shot of H this morning. Now the fun begins...

Always keep in mind the kindling effect. You got lucky don't throw it away plz. I am at 30 days plus and still feel terrible. No sleep, No energy, Feel like a day is a year but hopefully in a month or so I will start feeling better.

Congrats on the 30+ days! Thats awesome! Im sorry to hear you're still having some problems with the WDs... That cant be easy at all, I'm sure (esp. the no sleep...). But Ill try my best not too!

Wishing you a speedy recovery! Have a good one :)

**update**

Well, unfortunately, my cravings were EXTREMELY bad today... I messed up my taper... I ended up taking an extra dose of my Kratom tea. I was only supposed to take it 2 times today but ended up taking it 3 times. Looks like tomorrow im only going to take it once. After that im throwing it away!

**Its day 6!! Woke up feeling great! No WD's or cravings at this moment. I took my last kratom tea dose and ill be all finished with my taper! I probably could have stopped it yesterday, but I'm at work and didn't want to have any problems (on a 48-hour shift... 24 hours to go! ...)

Not gonna lie... If it weren't for Kratom, I'm not sure if I could have done it. Especially while working 100 hours this week. If you are looking to get off opiates, using this is the way to go (but only for a week or 2!). Hopefully, everything goes good today!

Hey Chris!

Damn that's alot of hours to pull. It would be difficult to hide w/d for that long without help. I could barely make 8hrs.

You got really lucky. Totach, mentioned an excellent point. The damn kindling effect - another gift from addiction. That is real.

Hey, better an extra dose of Kratom than dope or pills. I know being on Subutex isn't ideal, for me, its allowing me to be a 90% responsible person. I'm not perfect. But much, much better than I used to be

Glad you got to visit w family. That's a good thing. I'm going for family. My mother in law is having knee surgery. So yeah. I'm going to help her out while she's recovering. I'm looking forward to the change of atmosphere for awhile as well.

It makes me happy that I'm able to help my mil. That she trusts me enough to ask me. That's something that goes in my "good things about sobriety" book.

It feels good to have credibility and be trusted. Thats very important to me.

You're doing great Chris, a little at a time.

Oh, and yes my cognitive abilities came back after about a month or two. Thankfully.

Thanks, Stargazer! Its finally been a week and I'm completely off everything (even kratom)! I'm still feeling really good. At this moment, I'm not having any cravings at all. I had some while at work (probably due to stress), but after taking the Kratom, that quickly dissipated (thankfully). My 26th birthday is tomorrow and I'm glad to be clean!

Thanks, everyone for the advice and kind words! Definitely, appreciate it! Hopefully, I can stay this way! Only time will tell though lol

Chris, Happy Birthday!!
Having been given the Gift of Clean at such a young age is wonderful!! Please don't give it back!!
There are 1,000s of stories out there of the person Clean just wanted a little fun for one night on the weekend and is now DEAD.

Well Happy Birthday Chris!????

Seriously, Iceman makes a good point. I should be thinking about that, even more than I already do.

There's no way to chip effectively. If there was, I wouldn't be on Subutex. Unfortunately, being pre-disposed to opiate addiction, I don't think you or I will ever be able to casually do/use opiates. God knows I've tried.

There's a guy I know, he's 69. He was clean for 35yrs. He started taking the Oxy's he was selling, when he was stressed out. Within 1-2 monthes, he was shooting dope. Then went on Methadone, which he's a zombie on. And he's still shooting fentynal. Now he's dual addicted to both.

I'm having a partial anxiety attack thinking about that. His story reminds me that it can go on forever if I let it. And get worse. And that I can't ever get too comfortable.

I really an glad you're feeling well for your upcoming birthday! It would've sucked if you were in w/d.

Thank you Stargazer and Iceman! But I agree with you 100%. I don't know if im pre-disposed to opiate addiction (even though im an opiate addict), but I dont think ill be able to casually do opiates either. It always starts off with "Ill just take 1 tonight, ill be okay...ill stop" and then 1 turns into 2, 2 turns into 3, so on and so forth. Im sorry to hear about that guy, 35 years is amazing. Stress and depression were one of the main reasons why I started using (along with pain). I understand completely...Hopefully, he can get clean again!

Thanks everyone :)