• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Took methadone a week ago and still can't get high, what's happening?

TdwnAnth

Greenlighter
First of all I apologize if my post doesn't quite follow the typical format but I hope it's ok! (I've never posted on a forum before) I just really need some answers. I have been fentanyl dependant for about 6 months now, preferably IV but sniffing here and there. I have used a little methadone in the past to help with sickness and had no issue with being able to get high again once it wore off. Last week I took roughly 50ml methadone in the morning, and a little more later that day. Since then (it's been 7 days) I have not been able to get high again no matter how hard I try, or how much I do. I'm not sick at all, but becoming very worried and frustrated that I might never be able to get high again. Can someone shed some light on what might be happening? Or what I can do? I've been searching the web for days with no answers.

Sound to me like you've simply reached that point like a lot of us other opioid addicts where our tolerance to the euphoric effects is outrageous, and it's about all we can do to take a high enough dose to maintain....after a while it's all about getting by, getting high is a distant memory.

Perhaps you're right, the only thing strange to me is that typically if I don't use, I can maybe go 5 or 6 hours before getting dopesick, and now all of a sudden not only can I not get high, but I'm not sick at all anymore either.

Well then sounds like a perfect opportunity to walk away from the habit. I have a feeling though that you just haven't gone long enough for WD to kick in.

I thought of that too, why not just quit then right? I might not have a choice by the looks of thing, no WD at all, I just really miss my high :(

I could get through the physical WDs from opiates no problem, everytime. They were so painful and over the top it was like having a visible concrete enemy to fight against, and any positive progress was immediately measurable and noticeable.

The real challenge is defeating the more abstract, nebulous PAWS and all the boredom, depression, cravings, and anhedonia that come with it.

If you get by with no physical WD that is awesome, but get yourself as much support and as many resources as possible for the next phase of it.

Good luck!