• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Took Klonopin for Amphetamine Crash, Took 4x Reg Dose and Barely Any Effect

embryo923

Bluelighter
I took about 300-400mg of Propylhexedrine (yeah I know, spare me...it was dumb.) and the crash was kinda rough. So I took 2mg of klonopin hoping it would help me sleep...waited about 90 minutes and just had a mild sense of relief but still really uncomfortable. Took another 2mg...barely noticed anyting. About 3 hours late took ANOTHEr 2mg, mild sedation but my body still kinda wired. After another 2-3 hours I took another 2mg, totaling 8mg. I've never taken this much, not even 6mg, in a 24 hour period. I'm still unable to sleep. I never take more than 2mg at a time, and usually only 1. Been taking it for 2 years on and off, not everyday, and have gone months without any.

Is it futile to try and redose klonopin while it's still in your system and get an additional boost of the benzo properties it is known for? Why will I be knocked out on 2mg on a normal day, but spacing out 8mg over several hours barely did anything as far as help me sleep...I will admit it helped with the chest discomfort and heart palpitations, the jitteryness, etc...but I wasted a lot of my klonopin and I'm pretty bummed. Luckily I have a new Rx of Gabapentin coming tomorrow so I can put the Kpins away for a couple weeks and then I should be back on schedule.

But what's the deal with spacing out klonopin? Was the propylhexedrine really that powerful? I wasn't blown away by it. It definitely helped me focus and I was very productive but I wasn't tweaked. I'm still considering taking another 2mg because I'm just so irritated and want to sleep....but I will do the "responsible thing" and just tke some hydroxizine and maybe a little doxylamine to help me sleep. I probably should have done that in the first place :/

Thanks for any input, much appreciated!

Benzedrex is notorious for having terrible comedowns, so yeah it is pretty strong in that regards. Since you also have a benzo tolerance, it isnt too suprising that the Klonopin didnt completely knock you out either. I doubt taking any more would help so just need to try and relax and ride it out.

Thanks for the reply! I feel a lot better now (like 18 hours later) but had to take 400mg of Hydroxizine to fall asleep. But I felt rested and energetic (maybe still a bit stimmed...) when I woke up. I guess I shouldn't bother taking anymore Kpin even though I'm still having some of the anxiety in my chest? I need to sit down and relax but also be focused on my bands website, I am working on setting up a store to begin selling music and merch. Also have a job interview in 8 hours. But I think I can handle that (I'm a good bullshitter as most drug addicts tend to be!)

Keep an eye on that chest reaction. Propylhexedrine is a really strong vasoconstrictor. If HR is high and you arent groggy or sleeply, a small dose of Kpin may help.

Good morning all. I learned an important lesson this week. Unrelated, but still a lesson. Qfw Benzedrex. Clonazepam I s magic sometimes, but not all the time.
Kittycat5, would you really even technically call Benzedrex an amphetamine? I like my amphetamines classical? Thoughts?

Last edited:
Technically, no it isnt a true amphetamine, but acts and chemically is very similar.

Keep an eye on that chest reaction. Propylhexedrine is a really strong vasoconstrictor. If HR is high and you arent groggy or sleeply, a small dose of Kpin may help.

I was aware about the vasoconstrictive properties, I'm an experienced psychonaut and do my homework. I took a few Ginko Bilboba and also took a spoonful of cayenne pepper and a spoonfool of parsley, all to dilate my blood vessels at least a little. I also considered taking Metorpolol, beta blocker (afasu) or another Bp med, Amlopidine (sp) which is an alpha blocker, but after doing some research found a commone theme in the discussions about the issue I was researching was "DO NOT TAKE ALPHA/BETA BLOCKERS WITH AMPHETAMINES," so I just took more and more clonazepam.

Clonazepam is a benzo that has no legs, it's strong and long yeah, but too subtle. With benzos the more isn't equal the better. Take less to achieve more, take more to achieve less. Try Valium.

I was aware about the vasoconstrictive properties, I'm an experienced psychonaut and do my homework. I took a few Ginko Bilboba and also took a spoonful of cayenne pepper and a spoonfool of parsley, all to dilate my blood vessels at least a little. I also considered taking Metorpolol, beta blocker (afasu) or another Bp med, Amlopidine (sp) which is an alpha blocker, but after doing some research found a commone theme in the discussions about the issue I was researching was "DO NOT TAKE ALPHA/BETA BLOCKERS WITH AMPHETAMINES," so I just took more and more clonazepam.

Amlodipine is a Calcium Channel Blocker, not an alpha blocker. It may have helped with HR, but benzos are really the best choice for stim comedowns/side effects/toxicity if not under medical supervision.

I'm kind of surprised, I've been sort of binging on benzedrex, taking at least one cotton a day as a crystal substitute, and usually when I start feeling shitty I take my 2mg of clonazepam (granted along with a milligram of suboxone) and it usually chills me out enough. Then again, I think I've gone through so many hellish amphetamine crashes that what I consider 'chill' or 'feeling reasonably alright' might feel like the end of the world. In general though I think benzedrex has a way easier come down than meth, it still sucks, but it's not quite as bone crushingly depressing. When I was in the midst of what had developed into a pretty destructive addiction to IV methamphetamine, I would try to quit, and after 24 hours without any I would be so depressed that I'd find it super hard to even be motivated to hustle up money for heroin. Like sometimes I would just lay around till I started to get sick, and then reluctantly go out to 'make it happen'. I can imagine that benzedrex/propylhexadrine could cause similar suffering with enough long term use though.

I'm sorry for bumping, but I really need to know this.

What does vasoconstriction have to do with the chest's reaction? How is it affecting the chest?