• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Took 20MG XRAdderall, feel nothing

sorjorlee

Greenlighter
Hey guys,

One of my close friends is prescribed adderall, and he told me about how it works wonders on him, and helps him to get so much done. I asked him if I could try a pill, so he gave me a few. These are 20MG XR Adderall pills. About 2 hours ago, I took 1 of these, in hopes that I could get some school work done, but I feel no different. I sat down for a good 15 minutes and tried to get really into some school work, but even after 15 minutes, I still found myself with no motivation at all, like normal. I'm even a bit tired / drowsy. I'm about 5'7 and 170lb, 17 yr / old. Any ideas?

P.S, not much experience with any drugs. Smoked pot a few times, but that's about it.

That's normal, it just means you need to increase your dose. Different people have different responses to amphetamine and some find it more stimulating than others.

I took another 20MG about 20 minutes ago, I feel a tiny bit more awake, but that's about it.

Hey guys new to bluelight here.
Ive had my adderall script for a few months and it has really increased my motivation and attention and i on occasion use it recreationally using about 100mg to get a very very very good buzz. But i was recently prescribed Citalopram for my anxiety, which i believe is a SSRI? now would it be safe to use my adderall recreationally about once a month even with me on Citalopram? any negative consequences? or is it safe to mix or what? any information would be awesome! btw loving bluelight and all the harm reduction its done wonders for me personally. :)

The effects of dex-amphetamine can be quite subtle to some, especially if it is extended release. There is not much harm in increasing the dosage, as long as it is within reason, perhaps try taking 40mg all at once, if you are so inclined.

To Dylan, I believe that I have read that it is not harmful to take Adderall while on SSRIs. BUT, I could be mistaken. I do not know enough about the interaction, and I suggest you wait to indulge until someone with more knowledge on the subject replies.

Thanks Pibolar. Yes and recreationally using Amphetamines seem to do the most damage/toll on the brain neurotoxic wise. That being said i will steer clear until i have more information on the topic.

Thanks Pibolar. Yes and recreationally using Amphetamines seem to do the most damage/toll on the brain neurotoxic wise. That being said i will steer clear until i have more information on the topic.

Amphetamine at low doses, moderate doses, and even very high doses is not neurotoxic the way meth is.

I was prescribed low doses of Dexedrine/Adderall for ADD, and taking the dosage prescribed orally in 5-15mg of Dexederine/Adderall in Instant Release format gave me effects like teeth clenching, sweating, being able to concentrate, etc. that most people get more moderate or high doses.

This is one reason why I never touched meth as a very low dose of Dexederine/Adderall did this to me.

It's safe to take an SSRI like prozac or lexapro, etc. with Adderall or Dexedrine.

While it sounds fun to have a low tolerance to stimulants it's not that enjoyable or was not for me. I no longer use them and haven't for years but when I was prescribed them I was 120lbs and 5'7". I'm male as well; but I was monitored by multiple medical professionals while on Adderall/Dexedrine.

XR means extended release. Your body basically gets spurts of medication over a period of time, not all at once.

Because you are not taking meds RX to you and without health test prior (heart, liver, etc) just proceed with caution. Amphs can cause high blood pressure in some people, heart palps, etc. Be sure to monitor your health closely while trying a new medication.

Don't go taking massive amounts of XR meds without having a trial period.

Getting harm reduction out of the way....

Adderall had that sleepy effect on me the first few days. I'd take a dose of 20mg and feel so sleepy the first hour. A few hours later, I'd start getting the energy spurts.

After about 3-4 days, I learned to take it at the same time each day, eat a good breakfast and it didn't take long before my switch clicked in my head, and my focus/attention was so much better.

So it is safe with Citaprolam in my system with the occasional Adderall Buzz? No more than a 100mg? I dont do this often mind you only 20mg in the morning. But ounce a month or so I'll get a good tweak going and enjoy some music.

First time I ever did adderall it was 200mg (lots of drug exp) I'm 15, 5'7, and felt no euphoria just very very bad insomnia and paranoia. Adderall sucks ass if you want to feel "high"

First time I ever did adderall it was 200mg (lots of drug exp) I'm 15, 5'7, and felt no euphoria just very very bad insomnia and paranoia. Adderall sucks ass if you want to feel "high"
Yeah, Adderall does suck when you take it in doses that large. Even if you already have some tolerance to amphetamine, it seems like a better choice to start with a lower dose, maybe 50mg to start. For me, doses higher than 60mg make me want to jump out of my skin. Granted, I don't have any tolerance, but 200mg seems like a bit too much.

Also, a lot of people report that certain generics have different effects on them. So, if it was generic, maybe that's the problem.

Last edited: