• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants took 20mg Focalin last night, ok to take adderall today?

Ringo88

Bluelighter
My last 5mg dose was at 12:45 last night. Slept about 6 hours, and took an hour and 15 nap today. Been about 13 hours. Plan on taking about 40mg Adderall ir spaced out. Won't be in any danger doing this will I? Thanks everyone.

Given what youve told us about yourself, which is practically nothing, I'd say you're fine to take d-methylphenidate.

Why would you think it's not ok? Methylphenidate has a short half life, even if you took adderall yesterday which has a much longer half life, you still would be fine. Be sure to take your last adderall dose early so you get more sleep.

Sorry guys, I wasn't very clear in my post. But yeah, I made the mistake of taking the Adderall late in the day. Needless to say, I haven't slept worth a damn. At least I'm off work tomorrow, gonna eat breakfast, smoke some green, and avoid stims for a few days, at the very least.

I was just worried that, because I take Valium, the d-methylphenidate might still be in my system, as they are metabolized from the same liver enzyme. Didn't know if that could cause problems taking another stim, in this case Adderall, an amphetamine.

Thanks guys. Used to take Adderall a lot when I was prescribed it 4-5 years ago. It's too much for me now, enjoy d-methylphenidate much more, I guess because it's milder.

d-methylphenidate has a 2 hour half life. So yeah it's not going to be in your system unless youve taken methylphenidate very recently.

How much valium/diazepam do you take?