• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Took 2 4mg Ativan pills now making me feel like theres something in the room watching me

Isnortice91

Bluelighter
Popped 2 Ativan pills 4mg each feel calm and fluffy . Slightly blurry vision.
But anyone else get a ghostly presence in the room when taking this drug?..
I think I'm going to quit Ativan.
Last week I also had a bad experience but I will post that on trip report.
Anyone here think Ativan is a good drug?.

I've literally heard voices on this drug before! It's a soft benzo (in my opinion) but has weird side effects unlike stronger ones like klonopin/xanax.

Don't take any more ativan for the time being. Relax, eat something, and go to sleep. Trust me I thought I was going crazy and I couldn't control my thoughts very well. For someone with low/mild benzo tolerance, 1 milligram is enough to sedate you and relieve anxiety. Personally, past 2 milligrams things get a little weird... It's a low risk but people have committed suicide on ativan before. Everyone's offed themselves on any drug really, but there's something really off about higher doses of ativan. 8 milligrams is way too much for you that's for sure. It's only good in lower doses .5-1 milligrams imo.

Most people do not like ativan. That might be helpful to know lol. I've never heard voices on alprazolam in my entire life.

No. I’ve been on a fair few different benzos (I get pretty severe anxiety) and have always found them really “clean”. They just calm me down. I know other people who don’t like the effect though, so I guess it’s an individual brain chemistry thing.

I've literally heard voices on this drug before! It's a soft benzo (in my opinion) but has weird side effects unlike stronger ones like klonopin/xanax.

Don't take any more ativan for the time being. Relax, eat something, and go to sleep. Trust me I thought I was going crazy and I couldn't control my thoughts very well. For someone with low/mild benzo tolerance, 1 milligram is enough to sedate you and relieve anxiety. Personally, past 2 milligrams things get a little weird... It's a low risk but people have committed suicide on ativan before. Everyone's offed themselves on any drug really, but there's something really off about higher doses of ativan. 8 milligrams is way too much for you that's for sure. It's only good in lower doses .5-1 milligrams imo.

Most people do not like ativan. That might be helpful to know lol. I've never heard voices on alprazolam in my entire life.
In late December 2019 I did Adivan and mixed it with 15mg of Restoril and 5 85mg THC pills and started to hear scary sounds like doors slamming and sounds of someone on a NASA telecom radio counting down - 5 4 3 2 1 .
It was scary but interesting at the same time.
I was too scared to go to sleep tho because for some odd reason when I closed my eyes I seen pewee herman as clear as day coming up to my face winking at me.

I had to google it because of different brand names and I don’t think doctors actually prescribe that one here. I’ve just never had any weirdness from Valium/Xanax/Mogadon/Temazepam. But maybe there is something weird about Ativan.

I had to google it because of different brand names and I don’t think doctors actually prescribe that one here. I’ve just never had any weirdness from Valium/Xanax/Mogadon/Temazepam. But maybe there is something weird about Ativan.

I do know that chris cornell committed suicide on quite a bit of ativan, and the claim is from his wife he never would have without the drug's influence. (I don't know if name dropping like this is against forums policy). Don't get me wrong, it really can be a great prescription to have for a lot of people. It does it's job as a benzo, it's just that for me in higher doses I start to get strange side effects that I have never gotten on other benzos.

But most people who use benzos recreationally find it to be displeasing for some reason. Ativan is prescribed usually as a starting benzo from what I gather, because nowadays in the US doctors can totally be hesitant to prescribe patients on heavier benzos like klonopin/xanax due to their higher abuse potential as far as society and benzo use goes. Ativan is definitely weaker than alprazolam in effects. I've never found benzos to be recreational, but I could see how ativan doesn't serve as a fun drug lol. In higher doses it does kill anxiety but it makes me very spaced out as well. I never really went past 2 milligrams ever, and even 2 milligrams felt like a lot for me as I do not have benzo tolerance.

Either way I've also found with benzos after a certain amount I wake up the next day very hung-over and grouchy, sometimes in the worst mood. 8 milligrams of ativan would definitely send me off into the worst benzo-over ever lol.

I do know that chris cornell committed suicide on quite a bit of ativan, and the claim is from his wife he never would have without the drug's influence. (I don't know if name dropping like this is against forums policy). Don't get me wrong, it really can be a great prescription to have for a lot of people. It does it's job as a benzo, it's just that for me in higher doses I start to get strange side effects that I have never gotten on other benzos.

But most people who use benzos recreationally find it to be displeasing for some reason. Ativan is prescribed usually as a starting benzo from what I gather, because nowadays in the US doctors can totally be hesitant to prescribe patients on heavier benzos like klonopin/xanax due to their higher abuse potential as far as society and benzo use goes. Ativan is definitely weaker than alprazolam in effects. I've never found benzos to be recreational, but I could see how ativan doesn't serve as a fun drug lol. In higher doses it does kill anxiety but it makes me very spaced out as well. I never really went past 2 milligrams ever, and even 2 milligrams felt like a lot for me as I do not have benzo tolerance.

Either way I've also found with benzos after a certain amount I wake up the next day very hung-over and grouchy, sometimes in the worst mood. 8 milligrams of ativan would definitely send me off into the worst benzo-over ever lol.
When I was in the emergency room for food poisoning they gave me IV Ativan because I told them I did a line of meth prior to calling the ambulance. The IV Ativan made me feel like I was living in a dream. I had left the hospital at night walking home lost , didn't know how to get home but found a Kmart called my dad crying to come to the Kmart next to the freeway and surprisingly he knew where I was , my dad came I sat in the back seat and laid down it felt like reality was a dream and I had a sense of love for my dad and when he dropped me off at the boarding house where I live at I went to my room and slept like a baby thinking how lucky I am to have a dad that still cares about me at age 29. I feel sad because my dad always says he's getting old now and won't always be there to take care of me. I sometimes start to cry because I love my dad so much I'm still a daddy's boy . I lost my mom at age 12 so having a dad is very important to me and if my dad leaves earth I will kill my self.

I'm going back on Zyprexa for my anxiety .
Fuck Ativan it makes me think about my mom sometimes in a way where I think if I kill my self I can see my mom again .
I also think these hullicinations are something super natural and these are ghostly spirits communicating with me . Some are good some are bad . But the day when I was ranting in my dad's house venting my anger and the TV turned on by its self I forgot to mention that few seconds prior to the TV turning on by its self I had told my dad I miss mom because we used to have dinner at the table when mom was still alive then 30 seconds later I got angry and started ranting and the living room TV turned on by its self. Maybe it was my mom showing me a sign she still there watching me?.

I'm going back on Zyprexa for my anxiety .
Fuck Ativan it makes me think about my mom sometimes in a way where I think if I kill my self I can see my mom again .
I also think these hullicinations are something super natural and these are ghostly spirits communicating with me . Some are good some are bad . But the day when I was ranting in my dad's house venting my anger and the TV turned on by its self I forgot to mention that few seconds prior to the TV turning on by its self I had told my dad I miss mom because we used to have dinner at the table when mom was still alive then 30 seconds later I got angry and started ranting and the living room TV turned on by its self. Maybe it was my mom showing me a sign she still there watching me?.

lmaooo. I don't think the hallucinations are super natural. Rather they are the drugs. I mean you never know though! :) the afterlife is indeed a mystery.

There's no such thing as a 4mg lorazepam pill. The max dose pill they make is 2.5mg. If that's not a typo, are you sure what you got was legit?

As for the drug itself, well 8mg lorazepam is a high dose especially if you are not benzo tolerant. I have actually read a few other reports online of weird trippy like effects from lorazepam especially when mixed with alcohol. It's pretty rare but it does happen and seems to be a kink of lorazepam specifically. Perhaps it hits some of the same receptors as zolpidem and other z-drugs? Just a guess though.

Anyway try another benzo, this does seem to be a weird lorazepam thing.

There's no such thing as a 4mg lorazepam pill. The max dose pill they make is 2.5mg. If that's not a typo, are you sure what you got was legit?

As for the drug itself, well 8mg lorazepam is a high dose especially if you are not benzo tolerant. I have actually read a few other reports online of weird trippy like effects from lorazepam especially when mixed with alcohol. It's pretty rare but it does happen and seems to be a kink of lorazepam specifically. Perhaps it hits some of the same receptors as zolpidem and other z-drugs? Just a guess though.

Anyway try another benzo, this does seem to be a weird lorazepam thing.

I do find higher doses to be super trippy! I was literally hearing voices.. I could tell the voices were in my head but it felt like I had lost control of my internal verbalization with myself and my thoughts were no longer my own, and it was from separate person locked in my head lol. Even on LSD I haven't had that happen.

I agree dude... 8 milligrams is a fkn LOT. Are you sure it was lorazepam? I would be in the most horrid mood the next day from 8 milligrams. If I could even stop sleeping the following day. One time I took Ativan to come down from a high dose of adderall. The following day I was possessed by the worst hangover I had ever encountered from drugs--period. Benzos definitely have hangovers.

When I was 19 I couldn't get my mind to shut down at night to sleep. I was told it was due to anxiety. So they prescribed me Ativan 1mg. First night I took 1...nothing. Next night I took 2...again nothing. The third I took 4...still nothing. Finally I took 6 of them. All I felt was a bit loopy, but I still couldn't sleep. I threw the rest away. I'm glad I didn't hear or see anything like that, I have a tendency to enjoy those situations.

Exactly. No such thing as a 4mg Ativan tablet.Inthe states they make 2mg max I think,!so something is off here...

Dunno about lorazepam being trippy on it's own, but last weekend I did 4mg and then 300mg of MDMA and ended up on another planet. Can't remember any of it though, just got the reports of my bizarre behaviour from the wife (there may have been some zopiclone involved as well).

Oftentimes this sort of thing is overlooked. We all need to be aware of what are called "paradoxical effects" and how they relate to Benzodiazepines.

You see, these Benzodiazepines are pretty straightforward. They are sedatives. They typically sedate nearly all aspects of a person to varying degrees dependent upon the agent used and the dosage. Most people relax, go to sleep, get giggly whatever, but...

Some people freak the fuck out in totally unexpected and unpredictable ways. Some people experience extreme rage, violence etc. Other people have violent mood swings, exhibit spontaneous suicidal behaviors etc. This can all happen. Here is some reading material on the subject that is probably a little more eloquent than myself :)

Dunno about lorazepam being trippy on it's own, but last weekend I did 4mg and then 300mg of MDMA and ended up on another planet. Can't remember any of it though, just got the reports of my bizarre behaviour from the wife (there may have been some zopiclone involved as well).

Benzos + Mandy is pretty much a guaranteed blackout due to some type of serotonin and GABA interaction.

Here's a good tip for the future mate: Mandy and pregabs. Trust. My girl was getting proper visuals on that combo the other weekend and actually remembered it after since pregabalin ain't actually GABAergic (although it certainly feels it).

I myself was on MDMA, morphine, and DHC, with some residual benzos in my system from the previous night. Was flying high but don't remember much. Luckily much of it was filmed haha.

Combining opiates and MDMA seems to be somewhat controversial in the sense that a lot of people think they cancel each other out, but personally I find it very synergetic. The so-called "XO" combo (fans of The Weeknd will know!) aka ecstasy and oxy is in particular highly enjoyable to me. Nothing like an opiate high on the peak then a nod on the comedown. Ahhhh man.

Anyway, back on topic...

@Keif' Richards is absolutely correct about benzos and paradoxical reactions. It's like how I get stimulation from etizolam. In that case it's enjoyable. These lorazepam stories don't tend to sound very fun though.

Lorazepam definitely has a touch of "weirdness", particularly on the highish end of the dosage range. I remember feeling a touch of that even on low doses back when I was totally benzo-naive. I think it's via the same mechanism that the z-drug weirdness comes about. I didn't find it unpleasant, and wish I still got it (only got it the first 2-3 times - and was only on like 0.5-1mg) - though during the period of my life when that was the only benzo I could score, I was quite happy with it just acting as a straight benzo.

Never had hallucinations from lorazepam, but I have experienced a hangover with migraine, similar to alcohol. The only benzo that has ever given me hallucinations was diazepam in high dosages (>100 mg), back when I was in my experimental/wreckless stage of substance use, with no benzo tolerance. Phenazepam has given me sensory disinformation issues off 2.5 mg, like mistaking an in-animate object for a cat sort of thing, but that was when I was midway through Kratom acute's, and I was a bit sleep deprived, so that could have been a factor.

Lorazepam and phenazepam are structurally quite similar, so maybe with the right pharmacokinetics they can both cause z-drug like 'trips'. I've never had any shitty side-effects that deviate from the normal effects benzos produce from phenazepam, except some slight increase in depression if I've used it for a few days in a row. Most benzos can cause me to get more depressed if I take them for a few days in a row though, so I stick to non-daily usage now.

I love Ativan personally but have never gone over 1mg at a time, and only take it as needed. Never had any sort of hangover or trippy effect. Just sweet calm and sleep.

I've just got hold of a few ativan 1mg to help me wean down my use of methadone, I have been on a script since October since quitting gear and while my tolerance is ramping up they are not lowering my dose further than 80mg daily. I have a very high tolerance to most benzos, diazepam and alprazolam most recently. I would just like to know if there is any recreational value to lorazepam while used with say half my usual dose of methadone (say 40mg juice and 2mg ativan) would there be any sort of recreational or therapeutic benefit at this dose level or could I end up taking 10 in a cain effort to chase something that is not there. I'm not looking to get 'high' I just want to get a good night sleep and feel a bit of a 'nod' I'm not looking for euphoria. Cheers all, stay safe everyone. Sorry if this is OT at all.