• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines Tonight will be my neighbor's first trip!

That was so what i needed. My last mushroom trip alone was difficult. I was crashing pretty hard from MDMA.... so fun to be with someone tripping for the first time and we were all laughing so much!!

Yes. Women in general need lower doses of drugs in general, and it is not entirely a function of body weight either, for many things females actually straight up need slightly fewer mg/kg.

3.5g is a good dose for a solid trip but is probably only recommended by so many people because mushrooms are sold by the imperial weight system at least in the US.

I'd go with 2g. Should definitely be enough to get an introduction to the psychedelic experience but not enough to get so far out as to be potentially unpleasant. Mushrooms have a particular way of doing that which is why I'd not, in an ideal situation and all other things being equal, recommend them as a first psychedelic (although they were mine).

Mushrooms have a certain kind of body load and psychologically chthonic darkness and turbulence to them that many of the Shulgin drugs and even LSD don't have. Even 4-AcO-DMT doesn't have it in my experience. Mushrooms just aren't quite as user friendly as some other drugs, but if your options are limited then so be it. I'm hardly suggesting it'll be a disaster.

One desirable quality though for the beginner is the shorter duration, and duration is one of the things that militates against suggesting LSD as a first psychedelic. With all options on the table I'd probably recommend a lighter tryptamine, but many people have been introduced to psychedelics with mushrooms and are all right. Good luck to both of you. I am sure things will be fine. I just definitely wouldn't go for the whole eighth.
I am going to trip for the very first time. I have never ever done any drugs except I microdoses on mushroom for one month recently as a preparation for the big dose in coming January 2022.
I am going to do it to find answers to my psychological trauma and resulting anxiety/fear around a specific event in my life. It is related to excessive academic demands at university that were too much to handle. Basically I believe there are stuck brain patterns from that stressful experience that keeps circulating along with positive ones.
Questions:
1.I am 110 Lbs and I definitely do not want to take more than 2 grams in my first trip. Can anyone please tell me what should be a safe but effective dosage for a woman of my size?
I have a contact/a friend who has tripped in mushrooms about 12 times so far and he agreed to be my sitter and he is supplying me mushrooms. He cultivates them. I am worried about how he will handle the situation if I get into any paranoia or difficult experience as he has never been a guide or sitter for anyone.

2. Do you think one needs a sitter who is experienced in guiding? Can paranoia during the trip damage a person’s mind and brain for good?

3. I have been told by my friend that to mix dry mushroom power in warm tea with lemon juice will give me most effective experience. Also I should finish drinking that warm tea within half an hour (time it also).
Does this sounds like the right way to do it?

Internet is full of experts advice that one should never attempt to do psilocybin on one’s own or with help of friends. Set and setting are both important undoubtedly. I can handle the mindset but I don’t have access to real experienced sitters or guides.
4. Is integration therapy really important? Or the tripper can analyze one’s own experience? I believe that I am in a god state of mind and am very self reflective person and will be able to interpret some of the insights I will have during the trip.
5.How should I handle difficult or frightening experience during the trip? I have read books and watched videos and am aware of all sound advices namely SURRENDER to the experience.
However if my sitter doesn’t help me in the right manner during trip I will end up having a bad trip. My sitter is experienced in tripping himself but has never helped another person trip.

I will appreciate your answers to my questions.For me it is very necessary to do this trip as I am tired of my brain’s fearful stuck patterns. I feel a lot of it is involuntary and I am not participating in them but I am dragged into them by the sheer force of brain patterns

I am going to trip for the very first time. I have never ever done any drugs except I microdoses on mushroom for one month recently as a preparation for the big dose in coming January 2022.
I am going to do it to find answers to my psychological trauma and resulting anxiety/fear around a specific event in my life. It is related to excessive academic demands at university that were too much to handle. Basically I believe there are stuck brain patterns from that stressful experience that keeps circulating along with positive ones.
Questions:
1.I am 110 Lbs and I definitely do not want to take more than 2 grams in my first trip. Can anyone please tell me what should be a safe but effective dosage for a woman of my size?
I have a contact/a friend who has tripped in mushrooms about 12 times so far and he agreed to be my sitter and he is supplying me mushrooms. He cultivates them. I am worried about how he will handle the situation if I get into any paranoia or difficult experience as he has never been a guide or sitter for anyone.

2. Do you think one needs a sitter who is experienced in guiding? Can paranoia during the trip damage a person’s mind and brain for good?

3. I have been told by my friend that to mix dry mushroom power in warm tea with lemon juice will give me most effective experience. Also I should finish drinking that warm tea within half an hour (time it also).
Does this sounds like the right way to do it?

Internet is full of experts advice that one should never attempt to do psilocybin on one’s own or with help of friends. Set and setting are both important undoubtedly. I can handle the mindset but I don’t have access to real experienced sitters or guides.
4. Is integration therapy really important? Or the tripper can analyze one’s own experience? I believe that I am in a god state of mind and am very self reflective person and will be able to interpret some of the insights I will have during the trip.
5.How should I handle difficult or frightening experience during the trip? I have read books and watched videos and am aware of all sound advices namely SURRENDER to the experience.
However if my sitter doesn’t help me in the right manner during trip I will end up having a bad trip. My sitter is experienced in tripping himself but has never helped another person trip.

I will appreciate your answers to my questions.For me it is very necessary to do this trip as I am tired of my brain’s fearful stuck patterns. I feel a lot of it is involuntary and I am not participating in them but I am dragged into them by the sheer force of brain patterns
I would say take between 1 gram to 1.5 gram max. I would go with 1.2 grams to be safe. You can always increase your dose at later points.

Your friend who is growing them would be fine a sitter since has taken them and will just be there as support. I have had friends who have never taken mushrooms hang out with me on some of my big trips outside and who have never seen people on psychedelics and they were totally chill.

2. Paranoia will not damage your mind or brain, a rough part of a mushroom trip will be over within 2-3 hours.

You can do that but lemon tek makes it stronger and kicks in faster. I personally just always eat my mushrooms now.

You don't always need sitters or guides, the first i took mushrooms i was alone and i ate a huge amount and it was rough but i got through it due to my extensive experince with lsd.

for your first time just having somebody with you who has taken mushrooms before is 100% fine. All these experinced sitters and guides are overboard.

Yeah integrating trips is important have a journal afterwards the next day writing down how you now feel the things you experinced and processed. You can do intergation alone.

Surrender is the best option, having chill music or silence depending on how you feel. Been out in nature is very calming on mushrooms and for me a must. Been stuck inside will cause uneasy feelings.

At a dose below 2 grams you will be fine. A bad trip is usually because the person is running away from themselves. You have to confront everything.

Mushrooms are some of the most grounded psychedelics out there, very lucid.

Enjoy your going to be mind blown and views of the world shattered. Only when your done a full trip will you then understand. namaste friend

I would say take between 1 gram to 1.5 gram max. I would go with 1.2 grams to be safe. You can always increase your dose at later points.

Your friend who is growing them would be fine a sitter since has taken them and will just be there as support. I have had friends who have never taken mushrooms hang out with me on some of my big trips outside and who have never seen people on psychedelics and they were totally chill.

2. Paranoia will not damage your mind or brain, a rough part of a mushroom trip will be over within 2-3 hours.

You can do that but lemon tek makes it stronger and kicks in faster. I personally just always eat my mushrooms now.

You don't always need sitters or guides, the first i took mushrooms i was alone and i ate a huge amount and it was rough but i got through it due to my exlemotensive experince with lsd.

for your first time just having somebody with you who has taken mushrooms before is 100% fine. All these experinced sitters and guides are overboard.

Yeah integrating trips is important have a journal afterwards the next day writing down how you now feel the things you experinced and processed. You can do intergation alone.

Surrender is the best option, having chill music or silence depending on how you feel. Been out in nature is very calming on mushrooms and for me a must. Been stuck inside will cause uneasy feelings.

At a dose below 2 grams you will be fine. A bad trip is usually because the person is running away from themselves. You have to confront everything.

Enjoy your going to be mind blown and views of the world shattered. Only when your done a full trip will you then understand. namaste friend
1.Thank a lot for replying promptly. If I take 1.2 or 1.5 grams of mushroom (lemon tek) will I have an very effective experience or not? I have read that if dosage is less than necessary to give a powerful experience then one will not have a “big dose “ experience.
Is that true?
Or maybe you are implying that even if the experience is not close to a “ big dose” experience I will be at least safe and in later times I can increase the dose.

2.Talking of that how many months gap one can give in between two big dose experiences?

1.Thank a lot for replying promptly. If I take 1.2 or 1.5 grams of mushroom (lemon tek) will I have an very effective experience or not? I have read that if dosage is less than necessary to give a powerful experience then one will not have a “big dose “ experience.
Is that true?
Or maybe you are implying that even if the experience is not close to a “ big dose” experience I will be at least safe and in later times I can increase the dose.

2.Talking of that how many months gap one can give in between two big dose experiences?
lemon tek makes them alot stronger and kicks in fast but lasts shorter overall.

Homegrown mushrooms can be very potent so tread slow.

Tolerance lasts like 1-2 weeks with mushrooms. But i would personally take a large trip once a month.

1.2-1.5 grams lemon tek will be a effective experince.

lemon tek makes them alot stronger and kicks in fast but lasts shorter overall.

Homegrown mushrooms can be very potent so tread slow.

Tolerance lasts like 1-2 weeks with mushrooms. But i would personally take a large trip once a month.

1.2-1.5 grams lemon tek will be a effective experince.
Thanks a lot for your suggestion. Please explain how lemon tek works. Is it chewing or eating dried mushroom with lemon on it and drinking water alongside ? How much water should I drink while trying to eat mushroom? How quickly should I finish eating mushroom?

Does some resolution of trauma happens in the first trip or will it be just Euphoria?
I badly want to process my trauma.
Thanks

You don't always need sitters or guides, the first i took mushrooms i was alone and i ate a huge amount and it was rough but i got through it due to my extensive experince with lsd.

Thanks a lot for all the suggestions. I hope it helps process my trauma. That is the main reason I want to trip. Also I want to have mystical experience such ego less state etc.
For lemon tek gives the most potent experience?

Thanks a lot for your suggestion. Please explain how lemon tek works. Is it chewing or eating dried mushroom with lemon on it and drinking water alongside ? How much water should I drink while trying to eat mushroom? How quickly should I finish eating mushroom?

Does some resolution of trauma happens in the first trip or will it be just Euphoria?
I badly want to process my trauma.
Thanks
soak powdered shrooms in lemon juice for 15 minutes then down it as a shot add water to dilute the water after its soaked for 15 minutes can add sugar to mask the taste. It will come on within minutes. with lemon tek since you are doing a shot of lemon juice it will be downed within seconds.

You will confront alot of things on your first trip including trauma. Having a emotional support friend will be good.

Trauma is a ongoing process though, it personally took me 5 years and nearly 100 trips to solve my PTSD.

ego loss is a state that either happens or not and it can be very overwhelming when you experience it for the first time. You have to let go.

I just saw your other post on the strain of your mushrooms. Indoor cubensis can be very potent so i would advise just eating 1-1.2 gram instead of lemon tek. As lemon tek greatly increases the strength of the trip. This is to be on the safe side as you have never other drugs.

Mushrooms are very powerful.

I wish you all the best feel free to ask me any more questions

soak powdered shrooms in lemon juice for 15 minutes then down it as a shot add water to dilute the water after its soaked for 15 minutes can add sugar to mask the taste. It will come on within minutes. with lemon tek since you are doing a shot of lemon juice it will be downed within seconds.

You will confront alot of things on your first trip including trauma. Having a emotional support friend will be good.

Trauma is a ongoing process though, it personally took me 5 years and nearly 100 trips to solve my PTSD.

ego loss is a state that either happens or not and it can be very overwhelming when you experience it for the first time. You have to let go.

I just saw your other post on the strain of your mushrooms. Indoor cubensis can be very potent so i would advise just eating 1-1.2 gram instead of lemon tek. As lemon tek greatly increases the strength of the trip. This is to be on the safe side as you have never other drugs.

Mushrooms are very powerful.

I wish you all the best feel free to ask me any more questions
Thanks a lot!

Can anyone tell me from one’s own personal mushroom tripping experience what positive effects mushroom has on brain’s cognitive abilities. I have read and heard that mushroom can not only lower down anxiety but also improve ones brain focus, attention and cognition. For instance can it enhance one’s academic performance?

Can anyone tell me from one’s own personal mushroom tripping experience what positive effects mushroom has on brain’s cognitive abilities. I have read and heard that mushroom can not only lower down anxiety but also improve ones brain focus, attention and cognition. For instance can it enhance one’s academic performance?
microdosing helped me through university to achieve A's.

Mushrooms repair your neurons and neural pathways helping it ease depression, anxiety and other things. Micro dosing mushrooms helped me with social anxiety.

i always find i feel refreshed and reset after a trip.

Tripping has helped me with understanding complex information and formulating new ideas.

microdosing helped me through university to achieve A's.

Mushrooms repair your neurons and neural pathways helping it ease depression, anxiety and other things. Micro dosing mushrooms helped me with social anxiety.

i always find i feel refreshed and reset after a trip.

Tripping has helped me with understanding complex information and formulating new ideas.
I had a psychological trauma at an university where I got completely overwhelmed by academic demands of extensive readings. I guess I was not fit for that program but did not quit due to pressure from my father who was himself highly academic.
So I developed very entrenched phobia for studying which I know is anxiety driven but has stayed with me over years as a sort of PTSD. It goes off and on and so sometimes I am very functional in this particular area but most of the times I struggle. I was never like that before the trauma at university. I hope Mushroom can show me the root cause of this phobia and so that I can not be afraid of studying as I used to be before the trauma and enjoy learning and studying. It is very frustrating to be ruled by phobia and fears which I know rationally should not be there.

There's no rush with psychedelics and the kind of mental business they facilitate. Rather be safe.

I know many people think otherwise, aiming for a serious breakthrough as the standard for all psychedelic use. Maybe that's more in line with ancient entheogenic traditions. One must remember, though, that ancient traditions have recommended many rites of passage that to most modern people seem just incredibly dangerous and unpleasant. Some hardcore attitudes to psychedelics do cross over into that territory, i believe. This may be the deeper truth of humanity beyond our modern self-domesticated hypersocialization, but it also hints at a level of danger and discomfort that even hardcore trippers wouldn't wish to partake in. I'm thinking of stuff like boys being thrown out into the rainforest, or deliberate consumption of straight-up toxins that will supposedly cleanse you or teach you something essentially by torment.

My recommended starting dose would be 1-2 grams of cubensis. I'm not saying 3,5 would likely be a disaster, though.

Last edited:
I am getting ready for my very first mushroom trip in the middle of January 2022. The mushroom I am using is Koi Samui and I was being advised here in this forum that I should not take more than 1.5 grams ( to be safer it should be 1.2 grams) and that I should not add lemon to my mushroom tea because Koi Samui can be more potent than some other mushrooms and as the first timer I should make sure that I play safe.
Also I am a female and weigh 110 pounds and that is another factor to be taken in.
1.Can anyone confirm that all this sounds right?

2.Besides that can anyone tell me something about how to prepare for creating the right mindset at least a week before the trip?
Will that include meditation, writing down all the things I would like to achieve in the trip? Whether those goals will be met or not us another story but at least I should have the intention to science them in thus or following trips.
3. From my readings about psilocybin and brain I understand that many stuck brain patterns including OCD can be positively affected and new neural pathways can make it possible to free oneself from stuck patterns.
Also it reduces anxiety and so probably it affects amygdala and quietens its activity.
3.Should I expect at least some beginning in that direction happen? Otherwise then what is the point of doing it if none if those things happen. I also understand that I should not have high hopes and accept whatever happens but I do want some relief from stuck brain patterns and alleviation of anxiety that I don’t even notice but it is there.

yeah that sounds right.

You can focus on writing down in a journal your intentions doing meditations yoga.

Psilocybin rewires your neural pathways and heals neurons.

Alot will happen. Your perspective on life will be changed forever.

They are called magic mushrooms for a certain reason lol only when your on the trip will you understand.

Most people who trip, They don’t focus on the love, on the joy. They don’t focus on the complete acceptance you feel in the moment as your ego disappears into pure gratitude for being alive. Meditation in the deep waves of psilocybin is where you'll find the magic.

A road to healing is a long journey. Its not a magic cure button but it will unravel many things and give you the tools to heal yourself and create the life and reality you want to live.

yeah that sounds right.

You can focus on writing down in a journal your intentions doing meditations yoga.

Psilocybin rewires your neural pathways and heals neurons.

Alot will happen. Your perspective on life will be changed forever.

They are called magic mushrooms for a certain reason lol only when your on the trip will you understand.

Most people who trip, They don’t focus on the love, on the joy. They don’t focus on the complete acceptance you feel in the moment as your ego disappears into pure gratitude for being alive. Meditation in the deep waves of psilocybin is where you'll find the magic.

A road to healing is a long journey. Its not a magic cure button but it will unravel many things and give you the tools to heal yourself and create the life and reality you want to live.
Thanks a lot and a very Happy New Year to you! I resonate very well with your thinking. I intend to feel love and egoless state if it happens during the trip. I will also write down my intentions and I do meditate regularly though not for long time.

Since I will be taking only 1.2 or 1.5 grams of Koi Samui ( powedered in a large cup of warm tea) I am not sure if that is enough dosage to give all those experiences. I am taking less because I want to be safe ( have never done any psychedelic or cannabis THC ) for the first time.
Question:
1.Is it better to chew on mushroom ( not grounded) or mix the powdered mushroom in large cup of any warm herbal tea?
If you think mushroom in tea is better than just chewing on mushroom itself then please also tell me how long should I take to finish drinking it? ( 20-30 minutes or more?).

2.Should I add ( squeeze) lime juice in my tea to intensify the experience or not do that because it is my first time to do it.
My mushroom is Koi Samui and somebody on this forum told me that this mushroom is quite potent and so I should not take more than 1.5 and also should not add lime juice to it . I am a female and weigh 110 pounds and my weight has also to be taken into consideration.

i personally just chop the mushrooms up into little pieces and swallow handfuls at a time to avoid the taste myself. You can chew and eat it if you are not bothered by the taste of mushrooms.

Personally i never had mushroom tea i have done lemon tek juice shots which is potent.

I would not be doing the lime juice just due to the potency of it for your first trip.

Eating them would be the most common way and gives a easier way into the trip as it takes time to digest instead of hitting faster.

When it comes to mushrooms weight does not matter but i have noticed gender does. Females usually require less dosages of all drugs.

I think you will be fine you seem to have taken alot or precautions and research.

Enjoy the trip whenever you get around too it.

I started tripping at 19 on acid then mushrooms at 22.

A whole new world awaits you. Mushrooms will open your mind in ways you never thought possible. It will most likely be of the most powerful experinces you ever have in your entire life.

Happy new years and let us know how your trip goes.

Thanks for your reply. Someone on another mushroom forum suggested that I should take 2 grams if I want to experience a beginning of resolution of my psychological trauma/PTSD but you have already cautioned me not not to take more than 1.5 grams for my first trip especially as I have no experience of any drugs before.

I am a female weighing 110 lbs and my mushroom is Koi Samui.
Please tell me if I should take 2 grams or 1.5 or even less than that such as 1.3 or 1.2 for the first time. My trip is planned at the end of this month now.

I also will be disappointed if I don’t get any insight due to insufficient dosage. Finding the right amount (dosage) that will be conservative enough to keep me SAFE but potent enough to give me some profound insights into my trauma is hard for me to decide. What do you think will be that dosage?

I don’t care so much for hallucinations but I do care for insights that reveal some truth about my subconscious.

Thanks,

this is your first time just take it on the safe side 1.5 grams max. You have all the time in the world to increase your dosages as you get more experinced with mushrooms

this is your first time just take it on the safe side 1.5 grams max. You have all the time in the world to increase your dosages as you get more experinced with mushrooms
Thanks a lot! I think that is a very good advice.