• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines Tonight will be my neighbor's first trip!

simstim

Bluelighter
So my neighbor has never tripped before and we're planning to eat some mushrooms tonight! I'm curious what everybody thinks an appropriate dose would be for a first timer.

I think my first time with mushrooms i had 3.5g but am not positive. (That's my go to dose) My first experience with mushrooms was not my first trip. Wow! I just realized i don't really even remember my first mushroom trip.

What do you all think? I want her to really enjoy herself and it's not like she isn't experienced with drugs. Where to start? I think this will be her first psychedelic experience but she has done pretty much everything else.

Last edited:
She's been wanting to try dmt so i think she might be ready. I dunno. Normally she does m30's so it's gonna be something different!

I've never tripped with a girl before. I mean I've been around them while tripping but I've never dosed with one before. In two decades of tripping not once.

Remember, although it'll likely be all cool, different shrooms have different potencies. 2.5-3g of a wood-lover or P.Baeocystis would be similar to 4g or more of an average Cubensis. Know what you have, and know how far she wants to go. Preparing for and expecting the effects would be nice for her, I'd imagine.
But this will be fun, especially if you keep it light. Not sure where your relationship is at, but tripping with a S.O. can be so amazing in so many ways. Whatever stage the relationship is at, it'll likely concretize into something beyond its current state.
Enjoy!

These are cubes. Huge ones. The strain is SyZyGy and I've gotten several single mushrooms that weigh over 30g fresh each!! Monsters!!

Ugh, i have zero energy today. I'm so tempted to candy flip so i will have some energy tonight. I think she wants to try the mushrooms alone first so i probably won't though.

If it's a small woman you might have to adjust the dose for her to be one the same level as you

I'd go with 2,5 to 3 grams
Yes. Women in general need lower doses of drugs in general, and it is not entirely a function of body weight either, for many things females actually straight up need slightly fewer mg/kg.

3.5g is a good dose for a solid trip but is probably only recommended by so many people because mushrooms are sold by the imperial weight system at least in the US.

I'd go with 2g. Should definitely be enough to get an introduction to the psychedelic experience but not enough to get so far out as to be potentially unpleasant. Mushrooms have a particular way of doing that which is why I'd not, in an ideal situation and all other things being equal, recommend them as a first psychedelic (although they were mine).

Mushrooms have a certain kind of body load and psychologically chthonic darkness and turbulence to them that many of the Shulgin drugs and even LSD don't have. Even 4-AcO-DMT doesn't have it in my experience. Mushrooms just aren't quite as user friendly as some other drugs, but if your options are limited then so be it. I'm hardly suggesting it'll be a disaster.

One desirable quality though for the beginner is the shorter duration, and duration is one of the things that militates against suggesting LSD as a first psychedelic. With all options on the table I'd probably recommend a lighter tryptamine, but many people have been introduced to psychedelics with mushrooms and are all right. Good luck to both of you. I am sure things will be fine. I just definitely wouldn't go for the whole eighth.

It did occur to me that i have tripped once with a female before. An ex girlfriend when I was 21. We ate a couple of chocolates together once before we really started dating.

My first trip was two lsd sugar cubes. Unknown dosage but strong enough! I was 16 and with friends at a huge combined military airshow/fireworks display. I was the only one tripping and not with anyone who had tripped before. It was manageable but pretty intense and bizarre for me and with nobody to share it.

An eighth to really make sure you punch your ticket, you can probably get away with less tho

It turns out she likes dubsteb too. We all laughed so hard at the dinosaurs