• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs Tolibut (β-(4-methylphenyl)-GABA) Penibut Analouge

Gordon's

Greenlighter
Tolibut (3-(p-tolyl)-4-aminobutyric acid) (β-(4-methylphenyl)-GABA)

fNYw95C.png

So seems this is available, not much information on it yet. Its the 4 methyl analouge of phenibut and an analogue of baclofen where the 4-chloro substitution has been replaced with a 4-methyl substition.

A couple quotes from the wiki page

"Tolibut has been described as possessing analgesic, tranquilizing, and neuroprotective properties"

"It is not fully clear as to whether the drug was ever approved or used medically in Russia, though it may have been."

So anyone have anything more on this? Dosage? How does it compare to phenibut?

Heres some information from a paper I have no idea what any of it means but maybe someone more knowledgeable will get something out of it

IwbgE6l.png

This table says nothing about effects at GABA-A or GABA-B receptors, it just says that phenibut and tolibut are weak, basically inactive, at inhibiting GABA uptake by synaptosomes. I imagine compounds decreasing GABA uptake in this study produce some inhibitory effects by increasing GABA concentration that is free to act at GABA receptors.

This table says nothing about effects at GABA-A or GABA-B receptors, it just says that phenibut and tolibut are weak, basically inactive, at inhibiting GABA uptake by synaptosomes. I imagine compounds decreasing GABA uptake in this study produce some inhibitory effects by increasing GABA concentration that is free to act at GABA receptors.

They've already said that phenibut's mech. of action is gabapentenoid - it is a voltage-gated-calcium-channel-blocker at the a2 subunit

Not via gaba-a or gaba-b receptors

Edit: spelling

Last edited:
They've already said that phenibut's mech. of action is gabapentenoid - it is a coltage-gated-calcium-channel-blocker at the a2 subunit

Where did you get that from?
Phenibut
acts as a GABA-mimetic, primarily at GABAB
and, to some extent, at GABAA receptors. It also stimulates dopamine receptors and antagonizes
â-phenethylamine (PEA), a putative endogenous anxiogenic
From the new phenibut thread http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/794810-Phenibut-Discussion-Thread
And as far as I know that's correct

Edit, you seem to be right, I wasn't aware of the new studies, so I'll have to read up on it

They've already said that phenibut's mech. of action is gabapentenoid - it is a coltage-gated-calcium-channel-blocker at the a2 subunit

Makes sense as I don't feel gabapentinoids and I don't feel phenibut.

What I don't understand is that I was give gabapentin during phenibut withdrawl and it didn't help the wd symptoms.

Let me reformulate - the only mechanism of action studied was GABA uptake inhibition and phenibut as well as tolibut proved to be weak GABA uptake inhibitors, that information however means nothing with respect to their potential sedative properties that may be mediated via different pathways.

Definitely interested. Has anyone tried it? I'd like to know if it's more similar to Baclofen or to Gabapentin.

I though generally chlorine was stronger then methyl bonds general for example chloroform makes u faint ethanol smelling it does nothing.

*not that its angoodnidea im just trying to show a example where a chlorine can drastically change a chemicals effects on humans