• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Tolerance or Chemical or Health issue? - (mcat, mdma, k, marijuana)

Status
Not open for further replies.

spitshaw

Greenlighter
Hi guys,

firstly let me apologise for the n00bish thread but SWIM wanted to ask you for some advice.

SWIM only just recently caught onto the whole mephedrone thang, and tried it for the first time in June. SWIM liked it, as MDMA did not work correctly on SWIM anymore - it only made him tired and weak and wobbly legged all night. So Meph was a very nice replacement.

SWIM then went through the usual honeymoon period and took about 4grams in 2 weeks - having a couple of lines a night, but SWIM only got the desired effects the first time. Each recurrent time of taking meph, the effects were lessened, even though the dose was raised considerably higher each time.

SWIM then got an urinary infection which he blamed on the amount of meph he did, and that it was a new chemical in his body, so, SWIM took 16 days off meph to help.

SWIM decided to try mephedrone last night again. However SWIM got none of the desired effects (euphoria, high etc) and only felt very very slightly not-sober. SWIM then proceeded to take over a gram and a half in the night and still got nothing. All it did was make SWIM yawn a little and feel a bit light headed. (insufflated and swallowed to make sure)

The meph was the same batch as SWIM had when he began in June and it was considered to be fairly strong.

The reason SWIM is asking this, is because this has happened with many drugs for SWIM - MDMA stopped working as desired, (taking mdma once a week for about a year). Then came ketamine (taken 0.5g / 1.0g a week for about 4 months) and then that also stopped working as desired. Now, SWIM can take more ketamine than anyone he knows and still be able to walk and talk. (SWIM is not saying this to be proud, but he does not like it) Also, marijuana does not allow SWIM to feel any sort of high.

In fact on that note and as a side note, SWIM has not been able to feel euphoria, wether drug induced or in normal sober life for a couple of years now.

SWIM believes this might have been since a certain event in his life in 2008, after a very heavy few weekends on many substances, SWIM had a very heavy two-week long comedown and SWIM believes he never properly recovered.

SWIM thinks that all the drugs stopping working tie in with the dates around this event also.

So, in regards to Mephedrone, is this issue of it stopping working in such a small space of time heard of?

And in regards to the other issue, make of it what you will - SWIM only originally planned to ask about mephedrone but then ended up typing about more things :D

Thanks in advance

First - I'd like to ask you to stop using the term "SWIM". It doesn't protect you in any way and is infact unnecessary - nobody's out to get you Barbara ;)

As for this weirdness with all these drugs, I don't think anyone can give you any reason for this.
I don't think the big comedown will have had anything to do with it. If anything it might have made you more sensitive to certain aspects of the drugs.
Other than that it might be your personal brain chemistry - you use a drug and instantly build a permanent, huge tolerance to them :\

Truthfully though I still have no idea (????)

We don't allow threads that can only be answered with endless speculation and that are so self-serving and don't apply to people beyond the OP.

Also, for the love of god, stop using swim. Its so annoying and you used it like 8 dozen times. NO SWIMMING in bluelight.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.