• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tolerance has sky rocketed!

Mia.Carlson66

Bluelighter
Is this normal to get such a high tolerance so fast? I take 30mg oxycodone IR. it raised from taking 70mg day comfortably (being able to achieve desired high) to 120mg (not even getting the desired high) in 3 months. like right now after I just took the 15mg I feel fine (ive taken 135mg today, it will be 24hours in about 5 hours, im not going to take anymore tonight), a little high but nothing too crazy, I never nod either. In the morning I get high and pretty tired but after that its like idk I cant seem to achieve the high like I use to without taking 40 or more mg at once. Anyway my question is im not going to just overdose right? like id know it? id feel really sleepy, out of it, stuff like that? Im alert, I can drive, cook, sing, dance, walk a straight line, do homework, work anything really. I just don't get it.

IR pills do tend to raise your tolerance very quickly. Dilaudid, morph IR and oxy IR can do this. Also if you're getting just stupid high every time you do it, that will raise your tolerance more quickly than doing it moderately will as well.

Nope, I never do that. Im very cautious about taking them. I just like being content, not too high, cause I need to function during the day. I only take 20-25mg at once. I don't like taking high doses at once. I was about to keep my dose at 60-70mg for about 2 years and just recently it hasn't been working. its weird.

If you've been using daily that's no surprise. it doesn't take long to get a tolerance and before long you have a habit. Try having a bit less for a few days, even try going as long as possible between dosing. Try lowering your tolerance that way. Be safe.

Is this normal to get such a high tolerance so fast? I take 30mg oxycodone IR. it raised from taking 70mg day comfortably (being able to achieve desired high) to 120mg (not even getting the desired high) in 3 months. like right now after I just took the 15mg I feel fine (ive taken 135mg today, it will be 24hours in about 5 hours, im not going to take anymore tonight), a little high but nothing too crazy, I never nod either. In the morning I get high and pretty tired but after that its like idk I cant seem to achieve the high like I use to without taking 40 or more mg at once. Anyway my question is im not going to just overdose right? like id know it? id feel really sleepy, out of it, stuff like that? Im alert, I can drive, cook, sing, dance, walk a straight line, do homework, work anything really. I just don't get it.

Suggest you try to decrease your dosage or else you will soon face one of these horrible withdraws.

Agreed. Take a long weekend and get yourself an OTC "kickin' kit"

I'm such a dork, I make them and put them in gift baskets when I'm detox babysitting.

Nyquil
diphenhydramine
loperimide
supplemental nutritional shakes
baby wipes and mouthwash
lots of movies/video games

that is such a great idea, the Kickin kit. I like it. You must be an awesome friend!

You've definitely been pushing it. Taking them on schedule shouldn't increase tolerance like that, even with IR pills. I've been on the same dose of OxyIR for over a year with little-to-no need to change

If you've gone from taking your pills orally to plugging them, the more rapid peak in effects can increase your tolerance much more rapidly than if you'd been eating them orally as directed.

You're not the only one, believe me.
When I first started to abuse opiates, I started off with Norco (Hydrocodone), and dosed between 80-120mg daily for almost 3 years.
I quit Hydro cold turkey, it wasn't easy, it was actually hard as fuck. But I got over the hump, by day 5 things started to feel normal again, by 2 weeks, my w/d was totally gone.

Ok, here's the tolerance part, after I quit hydro, 6 months later, I relapsed on Oxycodone. Even with 6 straight months with NO opiate use, my tolerance NEVER went down.
We all know Oxycodone is stronger than Hydrocodone, and I was using 120-200mg daily for 3 years straight. A stronger opiate, and needed MORE to get high? I was SO confused. I thought my tolerance went down to where 10mg of oxy would get me ripped, but boy, I didn't feel shit off of 10-30mg of oxy. When I was on hydro, 20mg would get me high as a kite. When I started oxy, I needed at least 40mg to get my desired affects.

After that, I now believe once you start opiates, your tolerance will never go down. Even if you stop for months or years IME.

Another thing, after all those years of abusing Hydrocodone/Oxycodone/Heroin, when I started MMT treatment, I was stable on 40mg.
After I relapsed ONE time, my methadone tolerance sky rocketed, I needed 80mg to keep me stable. Ever since, that. I'm never leaving the methadone clinic to relapse again.
I mean, when I relapsed, I went completely off of methadone, and back to smoking black tar heroin. for just 1 month, and my methadone dose DOUBLED. I was like holy shit.
I'm never doing that again, I don't ever want to be over 80mg of 'done.

This is why I have to always combine weed with opiates otherwise my tolerance gets higher quicker and I have this compulsive need to re-dose because I'm not achieving the desired high and need a lot more opiates to do so.

^Totally agree on this. Using cannabis extensively has allowed me to keep my opiate usage down, and seems to prevent much of the tolerance. Just last night, I was already over my usual daily dose and it was only 6pm. But I made it through the night by dabbing extra hard.. slept fine as well.

For me, I quit smoking weed 2 weeks ago.
I'm a catholic, and we have a thing called 'LENT', you give up something you love for god, I LOVED smoking weed.
So, for those 50 days of lent, I quit smoking weed.
Believe me, it wasn't fucking easy. I was a chronic smoker for nearly 10 years, I smoked weed a couple years before I went to hardcore drugs like opiates/benzos.

I mean, I have to start with something, to get completely sober. I want to be completely sober within the next 2 years, I have a hell of a ride ahead of me, because im using hardcore drugs that come with w/d that can actually kill me,.But I have great doctors to help me wean off my DoC's.

#1 Weed (CHECK)
#2 Benzos (currently tapering)
#3 Methadone (will taper after im comepletey off of benzos)

Benzo w/d and methadone w/d are 2 of the hardest and most dangerous w/d in the world. BOTH can cause seizures, Methadone is the only opiate I believe if you stop cold turkey at high doses can cause you a seizure.

But the thing people have to understand, is once an addict, you're always an addict. I believe that 100%. The addict inside of us is the evil you, it's not your true self.

You have to fight him to overcome the evil you, it's hard, it's never easy, but remember, good ALWAYS beats evil.
Always have faith, and the evil will lose.

Its not hard for your tolerance to go up........if taking opiates for pleasure, your tolerance will go up vs someone on a regiment for pain relief.

For me, I quit smoking weed 2 weeks ago.
I'm a catholic, and we have a thing called 'LENT', you give up something you love for god, I LOVED smoking weed.
So, for those 50 days of lent, I quit smoking weed.

More religions than just Catholicism have Lent. It's also 40 days not 50.

Still impressive that you stopped for it though.

More religions than just Catholicism have Lent. It's also 40 days not 50.

Still impressive that you stopped for it though.

Yes! true! it's all on the person, some do 40 days, some do 50, some even do 10 or 20 days.

But I'm doing the full 50. So I started 2 sundays ago, today is Tuesday, so that's 16 days without smoking weed. Im so proud of myself! :D

Thanks you guys for your replies. I don't know I think my body is just weird. Some days I take 130mg if I have that much and others im okay with like 70-80mg so it just depends. What gets me though is in the mornings after not dosing for 9-10hours I get a nice high ( I take 20mg in the morning) then about 3 hours later I get super tired with a bad head ache. its been going on for about a month, every morning I do this. I get up take 20mg and then 3-4 hours later fall asleep and can not get up for nothing, like I can wake up but I don't want to stay up, my head hurts too much and im just tired. I sleep like 3 hours when I do this. Kind of sucks cause it kind of makes it hard to get things done during the day. I don't know anyway thanks for your replies!