• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tolerance for Benzos, and Heroin and others opiates

PTIA

Greenlighter
Hi.. I am 27 now. And i feel like i have become a lot smarter, and more mature about what i take. I would never take 100 klonos in a go.
But 15 i could, if i wanted to feel fucked, with some opiates/opiods.

When i was 19, i was pretty wild with benzo's. I did not know how they really worked, and how to use them. And which one of them, I... could use every day.
Valium is btw the only benzo i can use.

If i take Xanax everyday the same dose. 2 mg in a month or even before i start getting withdrawals. Same with Klonopin, and especially those that have short term life.

I did take some other opiates there. from time to time But I could build me tolerance so high up, i could wolf down 100 klonopins.. and not really feel anything.
Same with alprazolam, and others. And i guess if i tried then, i could have eaten 2 or 300 also. If i told others it, they would not believe it. But..
That is not what i want to talk about. Btw. Suboxone i also was introduced to in prison. It took only 1 mg to get me knocked down first time many years ago.
I then got 300 on the black market cheap. I snorted them all over a couple of months. I could not get high of it anymore. No matter if i took 10. But you can't really compare it to other opiates like heroine, methadone, and such.

You that take Heroine. If you have a bag of the same. Lets say you have bought 50 grams of a dealer. And you know the strenght.
You are used to taking 2 grams a day. How is it here? Can you also take so much, that the effect is the same if you take the double?
Can you compare it to benzodiazepines? With the tolerance? And this goes for other opiates also. I am talking about DAILY users here.

How high a tolerance is it possible to build?

And the high.. Is it as good if you shoot/snort 2 weeks after you started shooting/snorting? And let's say you have taken it for a couple of years. Not started taking it.

I remember when i took amphetamines, the euphoria would go away.Also no matter if you took 4 lines instead of the 1 or 2.
So.. Personally i have to take a little brake from it from time to time, if i want to feel the good feeling. I have been taking Tramadol and benzos the last three years.
But i don't wanna take tramadol anymore. They are too "speedy". And i dont wanna mess with them in high doses. I like Dihydrocodeine better.

Last edited:
So, your question is if your opioid tolerance will increase endlessly ?
Well, yes, tolerance will increase with daily use but imo there are two things that'll stop it at one point.
1. I think the tolerance to respiratory depression etc. won't go as high as the tolerance to the positive effects so I guess one day your tolerance is so high that a dosage to get you high will cause respiratory depression and could kill you
2. Receptor saturation. Some day all your receptors will be saturated and taking more won't increase the high
And euphoria etc. will decrease with prolonged use