• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Toilet Etiquette: An Important and Timely Discussion

aBitOfAWorry said:
The worst toilet etiquette that I have observed was in Asia. Some of the toilets were pretty bad with most 'urinals' being just a wall with a bit of a gutter. Anyway a few times while having a piss at these urinals a local would come in and instead of doing the right thing by standing at the other end of the wall, would stand right next to me. On a few occasions, I got guys who would just openly stare at my genitals while they had a piss. I just felt like screaming 'this is my personal space now get out. And stop looking at my dick!'. But I usually just sort of half turned away and subtly tried to move away.

Yeah...here in Japan...men stare at my cock pretty frequently when urinating. It's kinda unnerving...cos the stereotypes are true.

However in public showers or baths, people never seem to stare. In general, they are really comfortable with public nudity...but only in certain traditional bathing places.

Strawberry_lovemuffin said:
Here's another strange phenonmenon: girls who like to watch each other pee.

And yet several times, I've had a girlfriend grab me by the arm, drag me into the cubicle with her, and then promptly drop her dacks to have a tinkle all the while continuing the conversation like nothing is amiss.

^^^see this is not strange amoungst my friends and i.
My best friend and i are some what 'co-dependent' and always travel in a minimum of our pair. It's very much the "i need to pee." from either one and it is virtually expected - even if a trip has just been made and the other person peed already, unless designated otherwise by a "I'll be back" or i'll "meet you back here" that the other will come.

The only time when this pair venture into the cubicle isn't done is when one/both have their period or need to shit. And, rules state that when sharing the cubicle it is correct ettique to turn away whilst the other 'wipes'.

It's just easier than having to wait longer for another cubicle to be vacated, and you don't have to pause/continue the conversaton in voices that everyone in the entire bathroom can hear.

I met iamtha1 in the disabled toilets. But i'm sure you've all heard that one before. But it's a prime example of female bonding the the bathroom setting. :)

I refuse point blank to pee at a urinal, because once I was at this club and some dude was checkin me out across the bar, I ignored it, anyways, later I went to the toilet and he follows me in, as I pull it out and begin to pee, he comes up behind me and grabs it and goes, "do you need a hand with that" I turned around quite calmly actually and said, "no I've been doing this for 21 yrs now, and I've got it down pat, but thanks for your concern" That shit ain't cosha...

my old rules were, don't look or talk to the person/s that are peein at the same time as you, but feel free to talk once you're washing hands, but only in the event that you are both inebriated to an extent. and never ever bang on cubicle doors, that can ruin the moment or lead to wasted drugs.

^^ not particularly unusual for myself and my best friend either. Usually we're trashed when it occurs, but if we're in a deep conversation, we'll go into the bathroom together (at her or my house) and continue talking. We certainly don't "watch" eachother pee, but we don't have a problem sharing the same space. I wouldn't do it with just anyone though.

The only time when this pair venture into the cubicle isn't done is when one/both have their period or need to shit. And, rules state that when sharing the cubicle it is correct ettique to turn away whilst the other 'wipes'.

We have that quasi-rule as well... unspoken, but it's there. :)

Bloss: I dunno, I still find it strange! Actually no, when it's happened to me I find it appealing (for the fun, girly bonding bit... and the "we share everything" type of glow which comes with it) but highly embarrassing in equal measures. Is there even a word for that?

Do you flush in betwen pees?

I don't see why a conversation can't be carried on outside the door.

Then again the waiting for another cubicle thing is a very good point.

*sits on fence*

Strawberry_lovemuffin said:
Do you flush in betwen pees?

Nope.
There's a running joke with me and one of my friends. We always joke about how we're watersavers.

It's only pee.

I dont see why you all find urinals so bad, we all got dicks why do you care if the guy next to you sneaks a peak :S.

Something I noticed is girls are frequently in the male toilets. Some of them come in and all apoliges and shit because the chick toilets a full. They dont seem to relise that none of the guys really care. Most just continue there business while the chicks wait uncomftably next to a cubical :p In fact I remember at the Big Day Out goldcoast the male toilets became over run with female and the guys pushed over a perimiter fence and pissed behind some caravan thing instead.

I feel for the guy with the pissy caravan :)

on a side note, pee is meant to be VERY sterile.

While there may be some debate as to how contagious it is in this medium, Hepatitis B virus is found in urine. It's still worth remembering however, that infection rates are highest among those in their 20's and that Hep B is ~100 times more contagious than HIV. Of course whether you'll die from it is another matter...

phase_dancer said:
While there may be some debate as to how contagious it is in this medium, Hepatitis B virus is found in urine. It's still worth remembering however, that infection rates are highest among those in their 20's and that Hep B is ~100 times more contagious than HIV. Of course whether you'll die from it is another matter...
I really wish you didn't tell me that!

I was making use of the urinals today (as you do at that time of the morning) when my phone in my pocket made a chiming noise to remind me of something or other.

The guy next to me asks me if my dick is always clever enough to let me know when it's done. Cue polite but dismissive wit while I walk into the ante-chamber to wash my hands, and he follows me and continues the discussion. Since when did an entire conversation born of the hypothetical technological prowess of ones genitals become appropriate between total strangers??

I'm all in favour of getting some simple to follow Toilet Etiquette pamphlets made up and distributed to toilets across the country. Either that or a Eunuch Militia group that can patrol toilets everywhere and enforce the rules of polite society with terminal justice. :X

hahahaha, quality thread..............damn I dunno how I missed this one.

I must admit to being a bad boy once and doing helicopters in a pub loo while rather innebriated.

Actually i was one of three..............my two mates did as well................God it was an aweful mess.

Hmmm ...

hygeine: hardly anybody washes their hands anymore. your mothers would be ashamed!

noises: i recall hearing in japan that toilets often have running water to disguise human tinkle sounds. however; knowing japan, you can probably buy the CD 'schoolgirl tinkles' from a vending machine

mixed: germany seeemed to have a lot of mixed gender loos. too wierd having a german speaking girl saying stuff behind you when you are at the urinal and trying to work out the ettiquete: "do i look behind me while peeing to see if she is talking to me, do i just ignore her ... oh god just let me pee in peice ... hmm, i wonder if shes hot?"

timid tinklers: *raises hand* unless drunk. damn performance anxiety ;)

this thread is sooo incomplete without (the worst) toilet in scotland
trainspottingtoilet.jpg

<3

MooShiE said:
I hate other ppl hearing me pee or poop whichever it shall be.... it really really shits me.

I hate leaving the cubicle with someone outside washing their hands cause i feel as if they gonna look at me like.. " errr that was u making all that noise "
^I am so with you on this one, MooShiE... OMG. :|. I agree with the tunes idea, would save a lot of embarassment.
I usually wait until I'm the only one in the whole toilet before I begin my business - - - strange but true.
I also tend to wash my face and moisturise and also clean my teeth in the outside bathroom area, especially after eating or half way through the night. I get some strange looks for that. :\.

As for peeing in front of others, I will only do this on very very select occasions - in front of my boy, nobody else. Well, except my sister but hell we have the same genes. :).

I never knew women could be so dirty until i came across the toilets at uni.

Always after 1pm you'd walk in and there would be the worst stench ever. You'd walk into the cubical and there'd be skid marks all over the bowl. It got to the point where we'd use the toilets furthest away from all the classrooms and lecture hall, it meant using 2 stair cases but it was worth it, no smells and no line ups.

We got very good at holding our breath in those toilets

OMG I forgot I started this thread!! LOL

Some crazy person at work posted up some nutty rules on toilet etiquette in ONE of the cubicles on one floor this week...hehehe....I will try and make a copy and post them here, it will do us all good in our neverending quest for perfect toilet manners! :D

Raz said:
OMG I forgot I started this thread!! LOL

Some crazy person at work posted up some nutty rules on toilet etiquette in ONE of the cubicles on one floor this week...hehehe....I will try and make a copy and post them here, it will do us all good in our neverending quest for perfect toilet manners! :D

haha, I bet one of the rules is ......... NO helicopters.