• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Today Tonight Tue 9th - Ecstacy

Faustus said:
Only just saw it now when I got back from tennis. Good thing too cause I am too tierd to be pissed off.

Tomorrow I have a phone meeting organised with one of the researchers from Today Tonight. I will try and record it but I dont know how it will turn out. He told me today if they lied I can abuse him.

Lies
Holes in the Brain
Gateway drug pot
Statistic on Drug crime

Any more?

also the other substances that are found in pills, e.g AJAX. good luck with the phone call man, i hope u give it to them

[q]Its funny how cocaine never gets a mention. Only because alot of the hypocrits and media are probably stufffing it up there noses.[/q]

lol, you couldn't be serious. haha give us a break!

I think Naomi Robson may have registered an account under the alias ticktock 8)

Called them a few times today and they still have not gotten back to me. Will keep following it through.

Honestly it has been fun. Feels like I want to do a TodayTonight type comedy report busting into the channel 7 offices with my foot in the door demanding people talk to me.

Seems like there is a market for it

[q]I think Naomi Robson may have registered an account under the alias ticktock[/q]

Ok then. everyone on television and in the media is on drugs. is that what you wanted to hear? 8(

ticktock said:
[q]I think Naomi Robson may have registered an account under the alias ticktock[/q]

Ok then. everyone on television and in the media is on drugs. is that what you wanted to hear? 8(

He didn't say all, he said "a lot", and it's called exaggeration for the sake of humour. Humour - ever heard of it? Read the whole post, it's meant to be funny.

Anyway - If they can create stereotypes, why can't we ;)

Faustus said:
Called them a few times today and they still have not gotten back to me. Will keep following it through.

Honestly it has been fun. Feels like I want to do a TodayTonight type comedy report busting into the channel 7 offices with my foot in the door demanding people talk to me.

Seems like there is a market for it

John Safran in fact did that to Ray Martian, woke him up in the early hours of the morning, acted the same why they act to people they are chasing to him..

he got his lawyers involved and tried to bar it from been shown on TV..

back to topic i think :)

just a quick mention... that dance safe site response to a similar news item in the USA in 2000 that clarified the true meaning to the Brain Scans full of holes, the profiled user was a young woman named Lyn Smith who had been a frequent user of ecstacy and other recreational drugs...

our profiled user was a young 22year old woman named Lyn Short who abused her body and brain with a cocktail of so-called "recreational" drugs....

*cue "moth eaten" brain scan image*

hmmmm.... a lot of similarities there... maybe it's just a coinkydink.

Watching that Ecstacy Rising thing was really good by the way... thanks for putting the link up. The further u get into it the better it gets

Oh, and good luck Faustus!

Yep thats the exact same Lynn Short. It is linked on MAPS too as they offered to get a proper scan done etc.

I am just so amazed that it was rehashed on Aussie TV again just as scaremongering.

so what happens then? we just ignore everything we hear from the media? ignore all news channels and come straight to the internet to gain our information? haha, you're kidding right?

I cant stand the news at all which I dont watch it anymore (I've got better thing to do anyway) most of it is just negative stuff about killings, war and fucked up shit like (but I guess thats what makes news) and when you watch one show and then another they have completly different statistics like there are 4 people dead and on the other its 3 people injured and when it comes to these current affairs lunatics that spread lies and propaganda I cant believe that people watch this shit. you get one side of the story and then they try and get the other side but the person runs off, the person on the first side could be telling the truth but he or she could also be bullshitting their brains out about some things, you will never know the full truth about any of it. Its all complete and utter bullshit.

Why wast your time watching the TV at all, the thing breeds lazyness and is another form of control to keep the flocks of sheep and the dope smokers at bay.

The truth about MDMA wouldn't sell anywhere near as good as the story that "it kills people". It aint about the truth, they couldn't give a fuck if it kills 1 person, or 1,000,000, it's simply about how well their story sells.

People who make their judgement based 100% on the media are fucking idiots. Whether it's TV, newspaper, or the radio.

There is always more to the story. The story they present you with only includes the parts that will help it sell. Today Tonight, and Channel 7, are dirty little fuckers, who continue to over hype stories based on bullshit.

They're just another business making a profit at the end of the day.

Yes SPECT scans are old and out dated. PET, MRI and fMRI are far better and usefull.

Hey TT a got a story for ya- korsakoff's syndrome from alcoholism- yep that's right chronic use of alcohol oxides holes in your mamilliary bodies and invloves significant cognitive dysfunction

^Yeah, korsakoffe's from drinking all day every day for about 10-15 years. MDMA can change the way one person thinks for a lifetime, only after using the drug once.
It doesn't happen to everyone. But it does happen to alot of people.

Just go in over to ecstasy discussion and see how many horror stories there are.

I hear alot more alcohol related horror stories than MDMA related ones.

MDMA can change the way one person thinks for a lifetime, only after using the drug once.
WTF?

It doesn't happen to everyone. But it does happen to alot of people.
You base this on what? The TT report? 8)

No I base this from my own experience and people I know.
I didn't abuse the drug either. I only used it less than about 10 times over a spread out period (maybe 3 years)
Ever since I started doing MDMA I never felt the same. You're naive if you think that everyone who uses drugs turns out to be alright in the longrun.

the following is a list of symptoms I suffer from:
*Depression
*Memory Blanks
*HPPD
*Twitches
*Numbness
*Anxiety
*Nightmares
*Depersonalization/Derealization
*Social Anxiety
*Confusion

Just to name a few.

The thing is, there is no quality control with illicit grade ecstasy so you have no fucking idea what you are ingesting. You think it's just MDMA? Well, you're wrong mate.

Impurities found in street Ecstasy.
51144MDMA-impurities.gif

Happy? No, not yet. Maybe this is all a figment of my imagination.8)
and thousands others.
Again it might not happen to everyone, but it sure as shit does happen. and you have no idea knowing if you are one of the unlucky people.

Ok, I admit the media does and can blow things out of proportion, but it's just their job letting you know of the possibilities.

also, isn't it enough that there have been reports of PMA contaminated pills? There were a few deaths last year due to PMA toxicity. But, ohh... maybe they're lying about that too.
Maybe PMA doesn't exist and the media have just invented this drug. I mean, the people that manafacture these drugs really care about who is ingesting it. Yea, yea the big druglords that manafacture these pills would ensure that there are no lethal contaminants in the end product, eh? 8)

Last edited:
ticktock: your argument are flimsy and aren't backed up by any evidence...... are u from TT or a journalist?... it sure sounds like it. Politician maby?

scenario: kid gets drunk for the first time and gets bashed on train, becomes withdrawn and afraid of going out in public- there you go, alcohol in use has had a significant long term effect and changed the way a person thinks. Not the norm, but the same logic you use, do you see why what you are saying comes across as ill informed and ridiculos. You want horror stories go to any AA meeting across the country, many, many more than MDMA!

[q]kid gets drunk for the first time and gets bashed on train, becomes withdrawn and afraid of going out in public- there you go, alcohol in use has had a significant long term effect and changed the way a person thinks.[/q]

In this scenario you use, the person you speak of would be suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, not due to the alcohol but due to the person that bashed him on the train. The alcohol had absolutely no relation to the bashing whatsoever.
Even if he didn't drink he probably would have gotten bashed.

I'm not saying MDMA is going to get you bashed, I'm saying it COULD, COULD alter the way one thinks for a very long time, maybe for the rest of their life (for the sake of my life I fucking hope not)
I'm not the only person on this site that complains about how MDMA fucked up their life. Go on over into ecstasy discussion. as I said before, there are alot of horror stories circulating on this site.

ticktock said:
I'm not the only person on this site that complains about how MDMA fucked up their life. Go on over into ecstasy discussion. as I said before, there are alot of horror stories circulating on this site.
Every drug has risks, legal and illicit. I just hope you never take an illicit drug again because no doubt you now know the risks associated with their use.

ticktock said:
Ok, I admit the media does and can blow things out of proportion, but it's just their job letting you know of the possibilities.
It's their job to report the truth and to put their story across without bias. Not the possibilities. Hell, the possiblilities are endless so why bother reporting them at all? Oh that's right ratings outweigh the truth... :\

Like CowboyMac said, every drug has risks. Instead of reporting false information and facts, maybe they should of aired a more overall view of the scene, for example how to find out if your pill contains PMA or any other adulterant, Rather than scare mongering parents and children/teens into beleiveing that one pill is going to kill them. (which like you said IS possible but extremley rare).

The media should educate the public as to what to do in regards to harm reduction IF they choose to take drugs. It's plain wrong giving a one sided story that is full of holes (pun intended) and lies.

Dude, I test my pills so don't preach to me about what is in them. Your PMA comment is completley irrelevant, just like most of the TT report.

Also the media didn't invent the PMA thing, they just exaggerated the truth as usual.

I've lost my train of thought now so I'll end it here...
Must be the MDMA eating away at my brain. 8(

While I agree that the media exagerate things, I still can't believe the amount of people who believe taking E's are safe and without any risk of problems.

Sure pure MDMA may have a low risk factor in controlled dosses and use, but the posibbility of ever finding pure MDMA is almost imposible.

The pill testers while a great help arn't a garentee of safety. You can never be 100% sure what in a pill (without MS/GC) and how you will react to it in both the short and long term.

I don't even concider once a month as moderate use.