• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Today Tonight - Another great story

Immortal Teknique said:
If it was sarcastic, then i apologise but it didnt sound like it.

Uh that's what sarcasm usually relies on, the fact that it sounds like the real thing but if you're witty enough you can see the humor in it.

OK peace beech.

I can't wait to hear Rarrr explain to me how taking ecstasy helps youths.

clop
I'm not saying it does. I was being sarcastic. Even so I belive anything can be argued both for and against, it's the perspective which makes the choice.
In some ways ecstacy can be good for youths. It gives them a couple of hours where they feel good, this can help resolve issues with other people and bring people closer to each other. If I go pilling with friends of mine I feel somewhat closer to them afterwards.

Whenever I have X I usually come out of it thinking differently, any experience that alters the way in which we think drastically can change our perspective forever, the more different from reality the experience the more someones perspective will change. For me, perspective changes helps me become more open minded.

i got this off another site:

The baby boomers

DRUGS
They smoked pot in the 60s, dropped acid in the 70s, and snorted coke in the 80s but all we hear about is how dangerous drugs are and how we have to keep them away from their kids. Unless, of course, those drugs are pharmaceuticals. In the past few years the number of psychotropic drugs for kids ages two to four has tripled and at least 1.5 million kids are on Ritalin. So… drugs are bad for kids but we need to get more kids on drugs.

Go figure.

And the problem with scare tactics?? Considering a quarter of the people my age (according to the un) which is 27 in this country has tried e at least once. I was 17 when Anna Wood died. and like at least a quarter of those again my age the scare tacts don't work. Seriously clop have you ever been to your local all age rave party in some dodgy warehouse or gone to [Venue removed] (or any other large scale all night all ages event) in Sydney or where ever you live and asked the kids how old they are, what they're on and how long have they been using?

Last edited by a moderator:
As clop said, scare tactics DO work. They might not work for everybody, but it is evident that they work for the majority (not the minority) of the population, because quite simply there are less people using illicit drugs, then there currently are. Whether or not these people are ignorant and closed-minded or not is besides the point... the government thinks in terms of things for the majority, and well, at the time... the majority of the population feel that "drugs are bad!!"
I don't agree with them however, and it is a pity people think like this, with such close-minded views, but the fact of the matter remains... "scare tactics" most certainly do work!
I will use an example: I'm sure most of us remember the attacks on the WTC on the September 11 tragedy. Well, I am almost positive most of us all remember how "berko" the media were going and sensationalising how much of a threat these "terrorists" were to us. What happened as a result of this? Most people in America were spending, spending shitloads upon shitloads of cash on pointless, ridiculous things because they were terrorfied their lives were in danger. Alot of people went out and bought firearms, oxygen masks and these funnily-named "terrorist-kits". This is only a minor example of "scare-tactics".
and while I am on the topic of America and firearms, won't we look at how many citizens own at least one firearm. and why? Well, this is quite simply, this is a successfull result of "scare-tactics".

I don't agree with sensationalising in any way whatsoever, all I am saying is that in some cases, ignorance is in-fact bliss. (to a certain extent)

Think about it, if there were more "scare tactics" to the same extent about automobile use and alcohol consumption, in this day and age, and much, much less glorifying about these multi-billion dollar profiting industries, don't you think these industries would be almost non-existant by now?

As clop said earlier, harm minimisation is very useful for people that already use drugs. But, to the drug naive person that is terrorfied of illegal drugs and what they do to our society, it is indeed no help whatsoever. Drugs are best perceived as dangerous and therefore, will not be trifled with. (of course what I just said does not aply to the world's populace as a whole)

^^You are simply wrong. Do the research and you will find that scare tactics or prohibition methods of education are not as effective as you may think. Just because more people are not regular drug users than what are does not mean that they do not use drugs due to scare tactics. I don't have time at the moment to go into any extensive detail. But research has proven that knowledge is a more effective tool in drug education than simply telling people not to do it without any knowledge of what it is they aren't spose to do.

Beech

sydkiwi said:
i got this off another site:

The baby boomers

DRUGS
They smoked pot in the 60s, dropped acid in the 70s, and snorted coke in the 80s but all we hear about is how dangerous drugs are and how we have to keep them away from their kids. Unless, of course, those drugs are pharmaceuticals. In the past few years the number of psychotropic drugs for kids ages two to four has tripled and at least 1.5 million kids are on Ritalin. So… drugs are bad for kids but we need to get more kids on drugs.

Go figure.

And the problem with scare tactics?? Considering a quarter of the people my age (according to the un) which is 27 in this country has tried e at least once. I was 17 when Anna Wood died. and like at least a quarter of those again my age the scare tacts don't work. Seriously clop have you ever been to your local all age rave party in some dodgy warehouse or gone to utopia (or any other large scale all night all ages event) in Sydney or where ever you live and asked the kids how old they are, what they're on and how long have they been using?

I'm over 30 and on NYE I was out round four different clubs pilling with a bunch of 17-22 year olds. I know the scene thanks. I also know how many kids would never touch ecstasy. Maybe you only know kids that use drugs? I meet more kids who don't.

clop

Last edited:
I'm not talking about friggen clubs that are 18+ I'm talking about your average 15+ event (or in some cases the alot of the kids there are closer to 12) that goes all night.

where do you go anyway??

go ask the pile of kids sitting to the side somewhere. You can't miss them.

sydkiwi said:
I'm not talking about friggen clubs that are 18+ I'm talking about your average 15+ event (or in some cases the alot of the kids there are closer to 12) that goes all night.

where do you go anyway??

go ask the pile of kids sitting to the side somewhere. You can't miss them.

Are you saying that kids who take ecstasy between the ages of 12 and 15 suddenly stop using it when they reach 18?

clop