• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Today I Am Thankful For... Ver. 4 Infinite Chances in an Amazing World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though I've felt awful all day and had a flight cancelled, I'm still glad I got to see my family. Just trying to be positive because I was really pissed earlier (and still kinda am..)

Today I am thankful for the amazing friends I have made here on BL <3
It really just has been fucking awesome connecting with people who just totally rock, and who you know are rooting for you and who honestly care for you and your well being! =D
I am also very thankful I stayed clean my first xmas without heroin and without my mom.
<3
J

I'm grateful that this wonderful person I just happen to meet on BL has given herself such an amazing opportunity in life, starting to truly invest in her future in the best way(s) possible, and what's more I'm thankful that she is as excited as I am to share the fruits of this wonderful endeavor with another, namely, me. <3

Only 48 days to go, fuuuuuuuuuuuck... =D

BL has also helped me before and after getting sober. I'm very grateful for that.
Hoping for a better and calmer year.

Im thankful for my brain. I know that sounds crazy but i used to make terrible decisions and my brain hurt me but after surviving this awful year my brain is working great and seems to come up with different ways to survive this fucking black cloud over me. Thankful for life too. I escaped death twice this year and that has made me stronger. I am not thankful for my ostomy bag, lol. If i had this temporarly it be different but its for life. Oh well. Praise my God for letting me live this far.

^Bless you, closeau.<3 I'm glad you survived and that you feel stronger.

I'm thankful today for the swollen winter river out my window (at my sister's house). It is usually such a lazy river when I come in the summer. This is that same river showing another face. No ducks as it is moving too fast for them.

Today I am thankful that yesterday is over with. Yesterday was a real roller coaster of emotions. Not only because of my 30 days but just had a lot of things happen yesterday with my roommates girlfriend bringing fucking needles and shit in my apartment. And actually for the real first time broke the fuck all the way down and cried out loud for my mom. But you know I'm thankful all these things happened too and I STILL didn't go out and use. I've said before and I'm gonna keep saying it, I'm so so thankful for the amazing amazing people I have in my life, on BL and in my personal life. <3

I admire your efforts J.
Moments like this will probably happen again, but your strength grows you confront your cravings.
Keep up and keep moving forward!!
Erik

I admire your efforts J.
Moments like this will probably happen again, but your strength grows you confront your cravings.
Keep up and keep moving forward!!
Erik

Thanks for the kind words Erik! :) I'm just terrified I'm not going to be able to always be so strong but I really do hope that I can be!

Sometimes when the cravings are so strong you live an hour at at time. Or one morning at at time.
That's part of the process and with time it gets better.
I'm on the same boat. :)

Im thankful for the oppurtunity for change. Its stressfu right now but soon everything will be different. I look forward to end result but not the process of moving. My landlord dropped a bomb on me yesterday morning and when he left i wanted to get high so much but instead i prayed and thats what came to me. Embrace the change?

Congrats closeau. That's a great step forward.
Keep up. Don't give up.
These situations will only make you stronger.

Looking forward for this holiday. Thankful I can rest a while with my family. :)
Grateful my desk is clean and that some of my friends will be back next week.
Looking forward for my real holiday although I haven't decided if I'm travelling or not. :\

Specially thankful for this tough year and to my 10 months and half sober!!
I'm extremely hopeful at this time. Playing so safe I'm considering not even traveling this year.
In February it will be 1 full year. And that's when I'll be on vacation!!

Last edited:
^ congrats on your clean time. And even more so, good job on staying clean just one more day! I know it's a huge deal for me.
Today I am just thankful for today. I had a good day in terms of doing the next best things for my recovery. I officially quit stripping today, which as one could imagine, was absolutely killing me from the inside out. It was fine in my addiction when I wasn't feeling anything when I saw each private dance as another bag, but I was soo incredibly unhappy and depressed still having to get up and do that shit. I am so thankful, even tho I don't have a job yet, that I am not going to be taking my clothes off for money anymore. I am also thankful for today because I got vicodins shoved in my face and could of totally taken them and no one would of known and the person giving them to me wouldn't have cared if I did take them (which was my fucking dad of all people, but whatever) and I said fuck no that's the last thing I want. Watched him take some and instead of feeling jealous, instead of feeling that craving or want, I just honestly felt bad for him.. and am so fucking thankful soo so fucking thankful (I can't stress this enough) that i am no longer suffering from that lifestyle
<3
EXjunkiegirl

You are doing quite well ExJunkie. You've accomplished a lot and it didn't take that long.
Congratulations for your great decisions.
It seems nothing can stop you from your own success!

Last edited:
Well I am very thankful for second chances...

This time last year at this very hour I was in an e.r. od'ing. I had 2 months clean and tried to sleep permanently, but was unsuccessful. I thought l ruined my body and mind with decades of abuse and that I was permanently damaged but that passed. I have to say that I hoped things would get better when I got off opiates and benzos, I had no idea how much better. It was super ruff in the beginning and the first 6 months felt like years but the later 6 felt like 2. I am so grateful for so many ppl and am happy to be off the b.s. and more in control. After being on auto pilot for so long it's amazing how nice things can get when you are yourself and in control again.

Cheers guys and gals
Happy New Year to All

Waking up in the morning now instead of at night.
I think I get much better rest during the day versus the night time, I'm so used to waking up in the afternoon early evening that I can tell what time it is by how bright the sun is and the position of it, through my blinds.
I wake up disoriented when I sleep at night. and the sun rising is basically my cue to go to sleep.
Better traffic when you live on opposite time schedules than the normal world =D
I seriously wonder if I'm allergic to the sun, I do not feel right until it goes down and everything is less intense. %)

Last edited:
Well I am very thankful for second chances...

This time last year at this very hour I was in an e.r. od'ing. I had 2 months clean and tried to sleep permanently, but was unsuccessful. I thought l ruined my body and mind with decades of abuse and that I was permanently damaged but that passed. I have to say that I hoped things would get better when I got off opiates and benzos, I had no idea how much better. It was super ruff in the beginning and the first 6 months felt like years but the later 6 felt like 2. I am so grateful for so many ppl and am happy to be off the b.s. and more in control. After being on auto pilot for so long it's amazing how nice things can get when you are yourself and in control again.

Cheers guys and gals
Happy New Year to All

I'm happy for you! I'm on this same road myself. 10,5 months sober.
And grateful that you shared your experience about Seroquel.
I feel like I'm gonna feel even better now.

Happy New Year to Everyone!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.