• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Today I Am Thankful For... Ver. 4 Infinite Chances in an Amazing World

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ That's really nice NSA! :)

I'm working until late January but life is getting better. I'm glad I'm doing these swimming and aerobics together with a nice group of people. Grateful for finally meeting new sort of group, possible friends.

We went out for a small celebration in a local 'cafe' and had a lot of fund with ice cream cake and coffee!

I'm thankful for meeting new people on BL ha there's some cool people on this forum :)

Oh annnd I'm thankful for having my own apartment that I can freely walk around in butt naked and no one can tell me to put clothes on!

Last edited:
Im sorry if this offends some people or seems weird but im thankful to Mary for giving birth to Jesus and standing by his side his whole like, just like my mom did!!!

This is your space here. It does not offend me.

We should all thank our moms.
Yours seems to be very special and still present.

Not all mothers are like that.
I guess this time of the year makes us closer to our relatives.
But there are also so many regrets.

We should all thank our moms.

Yup and love her! You never know when she'll be gone and shit sucks after that, no matter the relationship you have.

Right now at this moment I am thankful the last thing I said to my mom was "I love you" before she passed. And I am thankful for people on here making me realize how lucky I was to have had that conversation with her that night :)
<3

^ You should be very happy that you've said that.
Last words are important for those who stay.

You are incredible strong. Her passing happened 3 months ago and here you are. Dealing with it and sober!
Congrats Exjunkiegirl! <3

I haven't spoken to my folks for so long I can't even remember what we have spoke to each other last time.
I guess I'm grateful this inspired to give it a try. :)

I am thankful not having any addictions anymore, it is truly awesome and I feel like I can finally start to make some progress in my life versus going around in circles in what felt like purgatory.

I can't remember the last time I used opiate pills or heroin but my last dose of suboxone after being on it for 6 years was in February and this site helped immeasurably.

Zero relapses.

I am thankful for BL and it's members =D

I am thankful for BL too. I found it when i was 16, am 32 now.... BL has known me (under various aliases) and vice versa for half my life. That's crazy. Well done Bluelight <3

Right now im struggling to be thankful even though i have much to be thankful for. Im sorry for your loss Junkiegirl. I lost my mom 3 weeks ago and like you my last words were i love you and rest peacefully. Our last convo was a week before and she said, I love you Mike. I said love you too and she said, being her firstborn that i was different and we have a special bond and i made her being sick tolerable with my visits everyday. I never would have thought that would be our last convo cause next day she went downhill and lost her ability to conversate cause the cancer was in her brain then mercifully a couple days later she passed. Today i did something for the second time, i started to text her and it hit me she wasnt there. Its gonna be a shit week cause xmas was her favorite. I have a lot of potential plans but i think im just gonna stay by myself and pray and talk to her. So i guess im grateful for Bluelight cause it just made me realize im not alone. Thank you to everybody on here. My favorite thread by far. Peace and love!

Oh, closeau and junkiegirl, I am so sorry but so happy that your mothers heard those words. I'm a PM away anytime you need a virtual hug. I still marvel that those were my last words to my son and his to me, considering how painful the last year had been. In the end it is all that matters. Grief is a long, long road into a new land. There are gifts along the way if you keep an open heart.<3

I'm grateful you can have share feelings here and there will always be someone who will relate to you and share their love.

I like it here. I still dedicate my sobriety do BL and those who inspired me for so long in many important moments like those we witness sometimes.

Definitely losing someone is not easy and like I heard once it's like a heavy stone/rock you carry in your pocket for life. You get used to it. With time you'll think you can manage 'its' weight and even forget about it for brief moments but as soon as you realize it's still there you'll remember and say "oh 'that'. I miss you so dearly" but keep going, moving forward. <3

Thanks herbavore and erikmen. This site truly is amazing and everyday i check it people like yall put a smile on my face. I lived with my mom since leaving the denture buisness and became disabled. She moved in with my aunt when she got sick last year so ive been here for awhile but its different now. Lots of memories in here but ive decided to stay just looking for roomate and have kept certain things the same but changed aclit too. I def can feel her presense in here. Ive heard same thing about grief. Ityll get better. Thanks again to you both.

I'm thankful for my grade on part A of my exam!

Visited 0 lectures, didn't study and used drugs all night, the night before, to escape the stress of not studying...

I'm thankful I got home earlier today. Believe it or not, this has been a tough week.
It's Christmas week and it's only Tuesday. Still tough though.. :\

Thankful for this first Christmas sober. It was challenging.
I'm grateful that my wife and my kids could have a good time with me and our friends.

After few months dealing with normal craving days, these last days made me think a lot of doing something different like drinking a couple of beers or smoking MJ. Something I had never had any problems with. Never really enjoyed it actually.

I was eager to be in a different state of mind. I'm glad I didn't but the thoughts didn't go away.
I don't think smoking would be a problem but I'm afraid it could be a trigger to things I've managed to control.
Keeping it very real.

Status
Not open for further replies.