• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

To tan or not to tan.......that is the question.

The only kind of tan i have at the moment is a driving tan. All i gotta do now is let someone else do the driving and sit in the passengers seat so i can get the other arm the same colour :)

OR, i could just chuck some sun screen in the car and apply PRN

This year i'm definetly gunna get a tan. It's been about 4 years since i've been nicely tanned and i kinda miss it now. Plus it looks better with black hair. I know Eloise you like the goth look. Me too, but not when it's a pasty white skin tone with blotches of pinkness. I've carried the goth look for waaaay to long.

1234: I've got that too. I can't seem to tan as well as i used to when i was a kid. but dammit i'm guna try this year. Queensland should solve that problem

on myself? i like my pale pale olive skin... pale people of the world unite! Yay!

on others? at first glance, i’d have to say having a tan does make people look healthier, the colour, sun streaked hair... etc it fits that whole image of the fun-lovin beach person...

sidebar – tiny quirk i have, i tend to get attracted to girls with pale skin... cause it's more obvious when they blush... and i think that it’s a tad more adorable then that orange/peach colour blush tanned people get...

eh, i'm Italian, and i can be in the sun for 5 minutes and darken by about 4 shades. I've not actively sunbaked this year, but Mr Samadhi and I are out in the yard every weekend doing various green-thumby things, and i wear my bikini....so yeah, i've darkened considerably. I am responsible though, we don't work during the hottest part of the day, and i wear a hat/sunscreen. Mr Samadhi is naturally brown, so he only needs to think of the sun before going a beautiful brown... bastard. Hehe...he's got a permanent tradie bum (REALLY white) which i can see in the dark (you're not alone upallnight :))

I have the same complextion as my mum and grandmother...my grandmother worked outdoors on the farm her whole life, was brown as anything, and when she died, she still had the skin of a 40 year old... my mum is the same...she still has beautiful skin. It may be our genes, it may be the warm olive oil that we've all rubbed into our skins every day before bed, it could be a conglomeration of things... We all have "oily" complexions, which is a curse early in life, but a true blessing later in life, as we don't end up looking like old weathered dri-as-a-bones. ;)

One thing i really like (it's weird) is tanned feet/toes. You know you've bee on a great/long enough summer holiday when your feet are tanned and you have a toe-ring tan mark ;)

I do love pale skins, but only on people who have really milky opaque complexions... if you have natually olive skin, if you don't get a bit of colour, it can start looking yellow/green.

Originally posted by 'lil leecie
Yarns - call me and we solarium yes?

Fake tan + drinking was always going to be a bad move, babe. =D

I'lll definitely hit up the solarium with you. We should also grab andge and go out for lunch. Oh god, if I didn't have a boyfriend that would sound like the worst pick up line ever. [Hey babee, whaddya say we grab a bite to eat then hit the tanning beds.'

Virtua_Trancer said:
no need to tan here.
i come built-in tanned all of my life :)

God damn it...........I asked for that Mod while I was being built and the guy said they had run out............instead he gave me a runny nose.

up all night said:
[Hey babee, whaddya say we grab a bite to eat then hit the tanning beds.'

I'll jump in your tanning bed anytime bay-bee *feels you up*

and yes...drunk fake tanning was very silly and now I'm paying for it. Sadly I don't think I will ever learn.

I persist with the stupid tanning creams 8) *sigh*

Jesus, the hassle.... the walking around starkers till it dries, the smell which doesn't go away until you shower the next day (meaning a day-in-advance application is necessary for a special event), the inevitable smudges... not to mention the expense.

I really don't know why I bother. Apart from the fact my natural white legs tend to scare young children in the street....

"Mummy mummy! The white snow-lady is blinding me!!"

The best all time comment from when I was young (15, it was at expo 88) when I had the whitest of whitest legs (I still do except now most of my legs are covered in tattoos. heh)

friend: "You off to play cricket I see"
me " huh?"
friend " well you have your whites on"

fucking hilarious but I am proud of white legs (I go in the sun albeit not much though) I just can't tan

*edit* also shortly after I had covered 60% of my legs in tatts, a woman I worked near (used to sell shareware computer games at a sunday market) said on a hot day "love, you should wear shorts and get some colour in your legs"

If only she knew that I had more colour in one inch of my legs than her whole body X 100 :p

I think people with tan's are hot. Having a tan is much more attractive than being a pale paty color. I love getting a tan. But I don't have the patience to stay in the sun for hours at a time. And I don't like fake tan's, the lotions make me go a really bad shade of orange. A very uncool color.