• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

To shoot or not to shoot

Don't shoot, it's not worth it. b/c once you hit the needle you never go back.

I wouldnt continue. I regret ever shooting because using drugs recreationally turns into a serious habit when you start to shoot. You will become very dependant on w/e it is you are shooting and will once agian find yourself needing more just to maintain your physical wellbeing every day. Eventually your body wont handle it and bad things will start to happen.

I tried shooting for the first time a couple days ago. It's pretty amazing. I'd say try it. It's hits faster and harder.

If you have to ask yourself the question the answer is no, and if you really want to know, ask an IV drug user if it's a good idea ... oh wait ... you just did ... and the answer was a resounding no from many.

Try plugging first.... though I suppose it isn't a comparable change from smoking, but a better method certainly than snorting or water-lining.... I went the IV route, having needleless syringes and preparing a liquid suppository shot can replace a lot of the drive that prepping an IV shot has... it's a much safer route and has very good bioavailability

If you start IV use you may aswell kiss everything and everyone you love away...But in the end it's your decision and a pretty big one imo!

I agree with others don't now I'm equally addict to the drug and the neddle example hate uppers but will shot coke just so I can use the neddle it so crazy if I hadn't live it I would not believe if you think you have enough will power to handle iving then use that will power to stop using opiate for a couple weeks and let your torelance go down. Then snorting or smoking will once again give you more bang for the buck

... if you think you have enough will power to handle iving then use that will power to stop using opiate for a couple weeks and let your torelance go down. Then snorting or smoking will once again give you more bang for the buck

That's actually very great commendable advice, and quite astute if I may say so, for a harm reduction board such as this.

Some Irony in the Bus and the Plane comparison. At least when your on the bus you can slow down quickly and get off. In a plane your too far up, you aint jumping and your destination time is forever so you feel trapped, in the hands of the pilot- Heroin. The pilot ain't gonna bring the plane down because you've had enough of being on it.

didnt read any post in this thread but just the thread title

please dont

-2.5 yr IV heroin addict with 2 months clean

disclaimer: starting shooting is never really a good thing, just giving my experience.

For me shooting heroin really didn't hurt me any worse then I would have sniffing it, I love shooting my dope.. but probally like the act of shooting in itself as much as the actual high. For me I use heroin for the ease of mind and sniffing or shooting both acclompish that very well, I was addicted for awhile pretty bad but I'm sure it would have happened no matter what my roa was. I recently starting using dope again mostly shooting but just twice or so a week now.

On the other hand shooting cocaine and crack was one of the worse things I ever done instantly fell inlove with the high and never been big with sniffing coke, and shooting heroin didn't have anywhere near the same effect.

But everyone is different probally best to just let sleeping dogs lie, but I just personally never found shooting heroin that much worse then sniffing.

Having an addiction to Poppy Pod tea, I would say that I'm so fucking glad that this the opiate that I can obtain and not something shootable like heroin.

Pod tea is great but whenver sober I have chronically low endorphin levels, I can't sleep, can't eat as much as I normally would. I feel cold inside all the time, and all I can think about is gulping tea and returning to the land of warm fuzzies and nods. My addiction has been so self limiting, I can only drink so much pod tea so I can't build a very large tolerance, and I take regular breaks to keep my tolerance down and keep the effects strong, but I know that if I was shooting I would be in a hole 10x deeper than the one I'm in now.

Nothing good can ever come from shooting drugs really.

"addicted to the steel" thats what happens-- its the act of shooting up, the whole mixing up and anticipation of finding a vien, of that first spurt of blood that rushes in to the fit to let me now Im in, the coolness of the liquid travelling up my vien, that 'oh my god ive just orgasmed' feeling when my heart pumps that heroiny goodness all over my body,
yeah thats the shit once i injected i never looked back. it was the ultimate administration route for me... the down side... i lost the majority of my viens due to collapse, so now when i need a blood test i get poked a gizzillion times before they find a vein and its usually in a place that is uncomfortable..... guess that was one of my reasons for quitting, just not the only---- but i say that and yet i still when on the very rare occassion i may get a morph tab thrown at me, I will still try to IV and if that fails i go IM(intramuscular) ho hum.......

disclaimer: starting shooting is never really a good thing, just giving my experience.

For me shooting heroin really didn't hurt me any worse then I would have sniffing it, I love shooting my dope.. but probally like the act of shooting in itself as much as the actual high. For me I use heroin for the ease of mind and sniffing or shooting both acclompish that very well, I was addicted for awhile pretty bad but I'm sure it would have happened no matter what my roa was. I recently starting using dope again mostly shooting but just twice or so a week now.

On the other hand shooting cocaine and crack was one of the worse things I ever done instantly fell inlove with the high and never been big with sniffing coke, and shooting heroin didn't have anywhere near the same effect.

But everyone is different probally best to just let sleeping dogs lie, but I just personally never found shooting heroin that much worse then sniffing.

Shooting cocaine, because of it being a local anesthetic, is also much more dangerous. Though I concur in the sense that the intense euphoria of shooting coke changes the high magnitudes more than H IMO too. Heroin is more dangerous just due to the route, cocaine is more dangerous because the route makes it more dangerous, not just because the route itself. (technically the route is more dangerous with the drug of heroin too but only because of dosing and it hitting you all at once, not because the drug naturally has properties that can make it fatal & toxic on another plane altogether from the route).

No.

Don't do it. Snorting/orally lasts longer, and lets face it, your drugs dont last long enough already.

Going ahead and closing this. The overwhelming consensus seems to be Don't Shoot.