• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

To shoot or not to shoot

bassl1n3

Bluelighter
I've been doing opiates for a few years now, mostly smoking h. Most of the people I know that use opiates choose injecting as their favorite method of dosage. Naturally, I don't get as high from the usual amount so I end up smoking more. I tried shooting up myself but missed the vein and haven't tried since, despite some people's best efforts.
Lately, I've been pondering whether its a good idea to try again. I know that injecting can be bliss on demand and it can also become the worst nightmare of my life.
Someone told me why ride the bus when you can fly the plane? What says you BL?

ATTN MODS: please move the thread to the appropriate forum if necessary

Last edited:
I don't even have to read your post to know that the right answer is NOT to shoot. There is no reason it is necessary. If the opiate is no longer working as well with other methods, then you might as well just cut back or quit all together. Progressing to IV use will only make your life exponentially worse.

A lot of people are scared of flying in planes, so I don't see how the plane/bus analogy means anything. Some people are perfectly content with the bus.

Just because IV use is better doesn't mean it's the better choice. You have to sacrifice something with either route. You can not shoot and give up the intense rush and more pronounced - yet somewhat shorter - high, or you can shoot and give up almost all chances of maintaining a stable lifestyle, but get that intensity that we all long for.

It's your choice. No one can make it for you, but be sure it's what you really want before going for it.

like 6/7 said you shouldn't. Needles ruin people life, ALOT of people lifes.

But if you do do it, dont shoot any opiates besides heroin, no pills! Make sure you have a micron filter, or at least some sort of fileter Q-tip and such. And just overall research alot of the shooting forums on this website and others, and go over with your self the pros and cons of what your going to do. I debate with myself before i do any type of drug all the time, its something you should learn to do!

With IV use comes an exponentially higher risk of royally fucking your life up. That's the short and sweet of it dude, I know all too well. "No I have incredible willpower, I'm exempt of said strings attached" = my attitude getting into intravenous admin.; famous last words of the naive. A select few make it work/moderate, a rarity in my experience...

i myself haven spiked yet, and dont intend on it, but anybody thats gone up from snorting/smoking to using a needle will tell you the same thing. Once you do it, your old methods of administration simply will not cut it/work nemore, and youll quickly slip into a situation far worse than you could have imagined it to be, addiction/dependency wise.

Dont do it, not worth it.

"I tried shooting up myself but missed the vein and haven't tried since,"
- be Glad of this, any junkie would give their 'life' to be in your shoes and have that choice again.

"I don't even have to read your post to know that the right answer is NOT to shoot. There is no reason it is necessary. If the opiate is no longer working as well with other methods, then you might as well just cut back or quit all together. Progressing to IV use will only make your life exponentially worse."
- my point exactly. perfectly said

personally i would stick to smoking if you don't have a habit... you will soon find yourself with a habit when injecting, shooting up is a lot better rush and cheaper but if you can stick to smoking do that don't take it to the next step.

I agree with 6/7. I had sniffed h the first time and wasn't to impressed so I evetually made the jump to iv'ing and it really has ruined a lot of things in my life. Would I take it back? No, but only because I have learned a lot from my experiances. If you do decide to make the jump pleAse please be very very careful. I am not suggesting you switch but your gonna do what you want to do.

Milkdud39

as much as i love tho shoot, if youve never done it DONT, it has ruined my life over and over, and defeintly dont try it your self if you have to get someone with some w/ experience i have seen misses turn into staff and it is not a good thing.

I've never done H, smoked or IV'ed. I did have a big meth habit a few years back tho. I started out eating, then started snorting and eventually moved onto IV. It did get very out of control for a while but i managed to rein it in. Out of all the people i knew at the time that were into IV, i was the exception. No-one really had it under control. The action of preparing the shot can be just as addictive as the drug and you will give yourself all sorts of reasons as to why its ok to be doing it. You need a lot (and i mean A LOT) of will power to keep IV use in check.

I have pretty much given up the needle entirely (with the occasional exception) but I dont regret any of my decisions. Going through the IV struggle taught me alot about myself. But that doesnt mean its right for everyone. You need to take a good look at why your considering this and decide if it is actually worth it.

i regret very little because i've always tried to do the best i could whatever the situation.
but i absolutely regret sticking a needle in my arm. i really wish that part of my memory could be removed.

Ive been using heroin on and off for about 7 years now and I started off snorting it and eventually moved onto shooting a few years later. I have had a very hard life going in and out of jails and rehabs . A couple of months ago i started snorting dope again here and then and yesterday when I went out and copped I bought a set . The moment I opened my eyes this morning I rolled out off bed went under my dresser and pulled out my heroin kit and shot up a fat bag. As the Heroin hit my veins I traveled somewhere warm and fuzzy in my mind . As soon as the rush was over I begin to chain smoke cigg's and clean my works . This may sound like fun to some , but after a couple years of this routine you will begin to regret some of your choices.

You can be just as addicted to a drug while not injecting. But people who do inject, well some seem to get addicted to the needle and never go back to any other method again. I have heard of people shooting up vege-mite just so they get a needle in their arm. I would not go there.

If u haven't done it. don't. For all the great stories about the great high your friends or anyone on here will tell you they can probably tell you at least 50 that are just as bad if not worse about the repercussions the come down, bein dope sick, what its done to their families, friends, careers, finances...

Ive been using heroin on and off for about 7 years now and I started off snorting it and eventually moved onto shooting a few years later. I have had a very hard life going in and out of jails and rehabs . A couple of months ago i started snorting dope again here and then and yesterday when I went out and copped I bought a set . The moment I opened my eyes this morning I rolled out off bed went under my dresser and pulled out my heroin kit and shot up a fat bag. As the Heroin hit my veins I traveled somewhere warm and fuzzy in my mind . As soon as the rush was over I begin to chain smoke cigg's and clean my works . This may sound like fun to some , but after a couple years of this routine you will begin to regret some of your choices.

thats a fact, use to my favorite thing in the world was that morning bag as soon as my feet hit the floor id grab my works that i had worked up and ready but now i wake up and wonder why the hell i keep doing this too myself especially after being clean for awhile

Don't begin IVing drugs if you're still addicted to them.

It's better to get over the problem so you can still save IV use for rare occasions and be in control.

With that said, most people can't "go back" and still remain sober afterwards, so most people's advice of "don't IV at all" sums up basically what you should get out of this.

I've talked to many people who were once addicted to certain substances, and they are able to still indulge here and there and not have a problem with it. Granted, this is definitely far from a majority, but people like that are out there.