• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

To all of the older members here at Bluelight:

What about if I've known my psych for a long time and have a good relationship and they've had me on all sorts of other stimulants for a long long time and seem like I like some effects but not others.. Would it be safe to ask if desoxyn is a good idea instead of upping dose? Or is it something that a doctor recommends first?

I can't tell you what to do, but it's not a good idea to ask for it. Hell, when I asked for it back then, it was hardly ever prescribed. It's really not something that is prescribed anymore. Asking about it might set you up to be cut off. Desoxyn isn't something you should take anyway. The high is way too strong since it's essentially meth. It's no good in the long run. You'll just end up abusing it until the point it becomes dangerous.

Desoxyn is obsolete these days. I only mentioned it for the sake of nostalgia, but I won't bring it up on this board ever again...Stay safe.

I've always been curious, has anyone tried the much older prescription oxymorphone products that were around in the decades before Opana? How do those compare to it, because one time I had pure oxymorphone (not an rx, synthesized) and it was so much better than the Opana pills it's not even close.

I can't tell you what to do, but it's not a good idea to ask for it. Hell, when I asked for it back then, it was hardly ever prescribed. It's really not something that is prescribed anymore. Asking about it might set you up to be cut off. Desoxyn isn't something you should take anyway. The high is way too strong since it's essentially meth. It's no good in the long run. You'll just end up abusing it until the point it becomes dangerous.

Desoxyn is obsolete these days. I only mentioned it for the sake of nostalgia, but I won't bring it up on this board ever again...Stay safe.

Asked about Desoxyn. Just curious, as some people evidently still get prescribed it. No adversarial accusation. At therapeutic doses it apparently isn't all that dangerous. It's when people take 20 times their written dose that they chop up their brain, or rather, more than the 25mg max orally.

Was told though that it's looked down upon. Psychiatrists could be reported to the state medical institution for writing it. Also, how it just kind of became part of the woodwork, and that most doctors agree it shouldn't be available, that it should be Schedule I. But hey, who knows. Different doctors have different philosophies, as most of us pretty much know at this point. I doubt insurance would pay for any of it. It's really not necessary is the sense that I get after asking about it. For ADHD and narcolepsy, amphetamine itself is sufficient, as I understand.

Asked about Desoxyn. Just curious, as some people evidently still get prescribed it. No adversarial accusation. At therapeutic doses it apparently isn't all that dangerous. It's when people take 20 times their written dose that they chop up their brain, or rather, more than the 25mg max orally.

Was told though that it's looked down upon. Psychiatrists could be reported to the state medical institution for writing it. Also, how it just kind of became part of the woodwork, and that most doctors agree it shouldn't be available, that it should be Schedule I. But hey, who knows. Different doctors have different philosophies, as most of us pretty much know at this point. I doubt insurance would pay for any of it. It's really not necessary is the sense that I get after asking about it. For ADHD and narcolepsy, amphetamine itself is sufficient, as I understand.

Wow. You asked your doc about Desoxyn? I didn't mean the doc would openly come right out and accuse you of drug seeking or something, but you know how they take mental notes. Asking for pure meth (especially during these days of an opiate epidemic) would raise some red flags in many cases. If a person is already getting amphetamines, it's not worth risking it. Desoxyn is definitely better from my experience. The main thing I noticed is that Desoxyn is soooo smooth! There was no amphetamine edginess and it felt stronger/cleaner. My insurance paid for it like a decade ago. I remember that for sure. Things are different now though.

Of course there is a therapeutic dose, but people are not going to stick to a therapeutic dose most of the time. You know that. Plus, it feels too good. You'll always be chasing a euphoric high.

It's really interesting you asked though! haha
Again, I wouldn't recommend anyone doing that, especially if you are currently satisfied with what your doctor is already prescribing.

I wouldn't dare ask my current psychiatrist for Desoxyn. I had to fight tooth and nail just for 30 klonopin every month. Psychs are way too paranoid now.

Last edited:
I did. But not for it, necessarily. I don't have any illegal addictions, and haven't for a very long time. I'm otherwise trustworthy, too. They know that I'm interested in the field, and that I studied this material in school. Also I admitted that I like my stimulant script but just was curious about why it's not Schedule I. Yeah there wasn't really any tension or negativity derived from that conversation, and I've been seeing pscych's for a quite a bit. They seemed more happy than not that I brought it up. I'm guessing that it worked to confirm my sobriety. Meth is everywhere in the surrounding regions. And for cheap. Asking about the nature of Desoxyn prescriptions and availability isn't suspect in this context.

I agree. I think that it would be indicated in a very, very small amount of people, if any.

Probably additionally and largely because it has no l-meth in it, too.

Never taken meth (knowingly, at least). But I wouldn't expect people to always compulsively increase their dose if it's prescribed. So, I don't. All psych. meds cna be abused, but I don't think any one is destined to be abused in all cases.

Haha I got me some cajones I guess. It felt weird asking. Truthfully. In honesty, I probably could get a higher dose of the stimulant I'm on, but that novelty is gonna wear off while the probability and magnitude of side effects don't. It's been a long time spent sober, so I'm much more trusted than before. I had to get some really intensive testing from a very high authority to get a stimulant. And at first I was only allowed vyvanse. Trust builds over time. But if I abuse it, it's gone. So I don't abuse it. Simple as that, as far as I'm concerned.

I did. But not for it, necessarily. I don't have any illegal addictions, and haven't for a very long time. I'm otherwise trustworthy, too. They know that I'm interested in the field, and that I studied this material in school. Also I admitted that I like my stimulant script but just was curious about why it's not Schedule I. Yeah there wasn't really any tension or negativity derived from that conversation, and I've been seeing pscych's for a quite a bit. They seemed more happy than not that I brought it up. I'm guessing that it worked to confirm my sobriety. Meth is everywhere in the surrounding regions. And for cheap. Asking about the nature of Desoxyn prescriptions and availability isn't suspect in this context.

I agree. I think that it would be indicated in a very, very small amount of people, if any.

Probably additionally and largely because it has no l-meth in it, too.

Never taken meth (knowingly, at least). But I wouldn't expect people to always compulsively increase their dose if it's prescribed. So, I don't. All psych. meds cna be abused, but I don't think any one is destined to be abused in all cases.

Haha I got me some cajones I guess. It felt weird asking. Truthfully. In honesty, I probably could get a higher dose of the stimulant I'm on, but that novelty is gonna wear off while the probability and magnitude of side effects don't. It's been a long time spent sober, so I'm much more trusted than before. I had to get some really intensive testing from a very high authority to get a stimulant. And at first I was only allowed vyvanse. Trust builds over time. But if I abuse it, it's gone. So I don't abuse it. Simple as that, as far as I'm concerned.

Based on how your psych answered, I'm sure you are fine. I wasn't talking about you necessarily, I'm talking about others here on the board. I doubt it would go over so well if the average poster with addictions asked their doc for Desoxyn. Also, the average poster here would not take it just as prescribed. Not every one is sober or looking to be. That's why I won't mention this drug again. Someone immediately asked how to get it from their doctor which is not what I wanted to encourage. Congrats on your sobriety! :)

Btw, I've never taken (street) meth and I didn't have any addictions at all when I was prescribed Desoxyn. After I started it, it felt so incredible that I ended up doing something completely out of my character in order to try to get more than prescribed. Addiction sneaks up, many people don't go into it expecting it to happen. Same with amphetamines. Very addictive and when you realize it's got its claws in you, it's usually too late. That's why I quit, can't stand amphetamines now.

Last edited:
Based on how your psych answered, I'm sure you are fine. I wasn't talking about you necessarily, I'm talking about others here on the board. I doubt it would go over so well if the average poster with addictions asked their doc for Desoxyn. Also, the average poster here would not take it just as prescribed. Not every one is sober or looking to be. That's why I won't mention this drug again. Someone immediately asked how to get it from their doctor which is not what I wanted to encourage. Congrats on your sobriety! :)

Btw, I've never taken (street) meth and I didn't have any addictions at all when I was prescribed Desoxyn. After I started it, it felt so incredible that I ended up doing something completely out of my character in order to try to get more than prescribed. Addiction sneaks up, many people don't go into it expecting it to happen. Same with amphetamines. Very addictive and when you realize it's got its claws in you, it's usually too late. That's why I quit, can't stand amphetamines now.
I got Adderall from my new Asian doctor . All I said was I can't concentrate and want to pass the ASVAB test but don't know algebra and need help focusing on studying. He then wrote me prescription for 5mg adderral. :) Asian doctors are the best they simply don't give a flying fuck and will prescribe anything.

I got Adderall from my new Asian doctor . All I said was I can't concentrate and want to pass the ASVAB test but don't know algebra and need help focusing on studying. He then wrote me prescription for 5mg adderral. :) Asian doctors are the best they simply don't give a flying fuck and will prescribe anything.

Haha My current psychiatrist is Asian...the only one I've ever had. I had a really difficult time getting klonopin for my anxiety even though it was clearly prescribed to me in the past. Asian has nothing to do with it silly. He finally agreed to the klonopin after I saw him multiple times. He's cool though.

Stay at your 5 mg dose for as long as possible. Adderall is a sneaky cunt and will convince you that you need more when you really don't. Your dose is great.

Hi!

I've had a couple conversations about this before in passing, once in treatment with an elderly gentleman maybe in his 60s or 70s, and once today with a friend who was wondering the same thing.

It started off today talking about the discontinuation of quaaludes and about the reaction it had on Kate Hudson in "Almost Famous," and then about how they no longer make them.

I'm just wondering what kind of drugs were available to you older folks in your era. (I'm 23.) Names, classifications, effects?
The gentleman in Tx had a lot to say about them, but that was too long ago for me to remember haha.

Just out of curiosity!
23.gif

I think RCs are widely available and very easy to get - most of them are very potent, so your'e sometimes can be happy about not to have died from whatever. Names, classifications and effects were to long here to describe, because meanwhile there are such a lot of it....

JJ