• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Tips/Tricks On Injecting Drugs (Preferably Meth)?

MeganMAvery1991

Greenlighter
Ok so I've been an IV drug user since I was 13 (am now 18), but its been about 2 years for me since I last shot up but now want to get back into it. I know everything on how to prepare the meth and everything I will need, I would just like some tips on hitting? I after awhile had the hardest time hitting a vain and feel I still probably will. So any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

I've never IV'd anything and do not want to as I really dislike needles, the sensation of them, or even seeing them when I get a shot or blood taken; but keep in mind that since you haven't injected anything for awhile, and if you haven't used any for awhile that your tolerance may have gone way down so only use a small amount. Or perhaps reconsider and use a different route of administration? Be safe.

Yes, please be careful injecting meth. Shit makes my head spin even when I have a tolerance and it burns like a mutha if you miss. It would be best to snort or smoke it but if you're dead set on shooting..

It's like injecting anything else, but maybe use a bit more water than usual and push the plunger SLOWLY. That way you can abort the rest of the shot if its too intense. You don't wanna OD, very uncomfortable not to mention dangerous. You can always take more if you don't get enough.

If your veins roll try to go in from the side the vein rolls to, kinda hard to explain but I'm sure you understand. It helps to be in a warm room and use a tourniquet, always untie before doing the shot. And if you can't find a vein you can always plug it. In case you don't know what that means, you break the needle off and squirt it up your butt. Sounds ridiculous but it works.. I do it often. Just make sure you've pooped recently or the meth will soak into the turds instead of your rectum.

Last edited:
Check out our IV Megathread. A must read for anyone choicing this ROA. I went as far as printing several copies and handing them out among my friends.

That thread has saved many a vien, limb, and life. Just put IV megathread in the search bar.

^Yes be sure to check out the IV mega thread.......

Hey OP, which vein(s) did you use to IV drugs in the past?

If you can't hit your veins easily, I would suggest passing on IV meth. Missing a meth shot isn't something you want to mess around with.

I got lucky with good veins and early education about not fucking them up. Be careful, you are young. IVing drugs at 13 isnt the same as when you are an adult.

Every day user and shooter meth fucks ur veins up. turns them hard. i have issues and some times cant even hit for days on end .. and shooting meth has withdraw effects i. Call them brain zaps and they SUCK.. THIS IS HARDER THEN DOPE TO KICK FOR ME AND OTHER PEOPLE I KNOW.. I am scared of the zaps due to having a seizure when going threw them. If u have a choice not to with out having to deal with them I wouldn't advise starting. Smoke it any thing but shooting

Last edited:
If you can't hit your veins easily, I would suggest passing on IV meth. Missing a meth shot isn't something you want to mess around with.

I got lucky with good veins and early education about not fucking them up. Be careful, you are young. IVing drugs at 13 isnt the same as when you are an adult.
#facts

1. As a person with maybe 8 years total experience shooting stims from speed to coke to meth I totally recommend NEVER doing it. You said you know most of everything you need to know but here is my collected thoughts on banging meth in case you overlooked anything....

2. If you must do it pick a stim with low need to re-dose (i.e. not coke) as after your first shot the vasoconstriction makes getting a vein next to impossible - stay as absolutely hydrated as you can (with isotonic / electrolyte drinks ideally but don’t overdo it and bear in mind that sometimes its hard to piss on meth and spending hours trying to squeeze out that piss can ruin a good high)

3. Be careful going for maximum high from first shot so no need to re-dose vs having a taste to make sure you don’t OD. This is the hardest thing to manage especially for beginner and with new supplier or new gear you are not familiar with. If you are with people who smoke - let them have a toke to ascertain quality and likely cuts (from what happens to it in the bowl) before you go jacking it.

4. If you shoot and find yourself hungry for a redose shot quite soon try getting some food in you - it can make the craving go away for a good while. Anything more than a shot per 4-6 hours and you are going wrong in one of these steps or your gear is shit or your brain is fried out and needs a rest.

5. If you shoot and feel tired within a few hours then don’t shoot anymore - you’ve burned out your dopamine receptors and need to give them at least a week before you’ll get euphorically high. Do NOT keep shooting bigger shots if you get no euphoria - you are done for a good week or so and are heading to tweakerville if you keep trying. If you shoot and feel tired straight away start worrying about fentanyl if you live in the US.

6. Without a test kit or some smoking guinea pigs don’t go shooting powder or anything less than clear reasonable sized shards - could be any old shit including salt which will fuck you up if you shoot it. Also fentanyl risk.

7. Most people find the go to veins in their inner elbows - however I have good ones in my wrists above my thumb and between thumb and forefinger which I prefer (partly because a mark there does not look like a track mark)

8. Meth burns out veins FAST - use a different site for EVERY shot and rotate constantly or you’ll get lumps and useless veins

9. If it stings you have missed. Pull out and plug it.

10. Loosen your tourniquet before pulling out to lessen bruising and blowback of your shot

11. Don’t shoot too fast - you’ll blow a vein

12. Don’t shoot too slow - you’ll slip out/through or get a lesser rush

13. 1 ml water per point of meth + 1 ml is usually enough liquid

14. If you’ve already had a few shots and now have really got the shakes don’t even both trying for IV - plug it up your ass as you are past getting a decent rush anyway and the effect will be the same for much less damage and risk to your veins.

15. On hitting - your original question - lots of liquids, then warm compress followed by vigorous arm swings will bring up your veins to the best they can ever be. Bigger they are the more they can roll too though - use brand new needle and if you fucked your needle up when you drew up your mix and it’s maybe blunted then just backfill a fresh one.

16. When you register the blood will start to clot straight away - if you get too much blood that way but the can’t register more because you’ve slipped out abort the shot and plug it - you can’t push the clot through the needle and if you could it would fuck you up big time.

Hope this keeps you out of trouble but also hope you pay most attention to point 1.

Last edited by a moderator:
This really helped me. I really don’t want to shoot it but I’m anxious to shoot it as well. I want to quit but can’t. Why??

This really helped me. I really don’t want to shoot it but I’m anxious to shoot it as well. I want to quit but can’t. Why??

The drug addiction and the needles fixation are related but not the same compulsion. Lot’s of threads on quitting. If you’ve never IV’d please don’t start. Quitting the needle makes quitting the drug even harder.

I’ve shot before but this time around idk this will be the 4th or 5th time and I’m scared. I really want to quit All together.! My head is constantly swimming. I’ll look for a thread on doing so.