• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Tips on how to taper off xanax

hurricano1338

Greenlighter
Hi so for the last 10 weeks or so I've been using xanax once a day with melatonin, about an hour or two before sleep. I started at 0.5mg and now i am at 2mg and that doesn't really do much anymore. I was on vacation last weekend, and ended up taking 3MG for 3 days straight with a lot of alcohol. I haven't gotten drunk since thanksgiving prior to this and i know how stupid it is to mix benzos with alcohol but i just slowly kept taking halves to see how i feel and it just relaxed me. I took 1.5mg throughout the night and then when getting back to my hotel room id take a melatonin and another 1.5mg. It didn't see to have any effect on my respiratory system or even memory. I got back home on monday and i went back to 2mgs and it would work well enough for me to sleep and stay asleep for the entire night. Last night i decided that im going to start tapering off and getting off this crap, for the sole reason that it numbs me down like crazy. I feel like a goddamn robot. I decided to have one last good kick and took 3,5mg last night... It was justified last night but now i don't feel the same way lol.

Anyways, i got myself 30 pills of 10mg Valiums which equal to 0.7mg Xanax. I don't think I've ever done valium before, i know its longer acting and it helps you sleep better than xanax.
I also have 4MG of xanax left ( will get more if i need to ).

Any clues how i should go about this? Its been 24 hours since last dosed and i feel good but i know that i won't be able to go to sleep without it. I am not feeling any withdrawal symptoms other than my mind really wanting it, to the point where i salivate when i think about it.

Im thinking of kicking the melatonin out completely and just trying a 10mg valium with 0.5-1mg xan?

My goal is to be completely off these drugs by the 4th of July weekend. Pls help.

Take 1 valium an hour before bedtime. If you don't feel drowsy take another. They're much nice tasting than Xanax sinid recommend biting them into pieces and let them melt under your tongue. Even better with warm cocoa or something!
When comfortable on this dose then drop 2.5mg every 4 days and when you're down to 2.5 you should be fine to stop.

Diazepam kicks in quite fast and even tho the affects like euphoria and muscle relaxation last about 4 hours the anti seizure effects lady 24 easy.
Diazepam is a great benzo.

Take 1 valium an hour before bedtime. If you don't feel drowsy take another. They're much nice tasting than Xanax sinid recommend biting them into pieces and let them melt under your tongue. Even better with warm cocoa or something!
When comfortable on this dose then drop 2.5mg every 4 days and when you're down to 2.5 you should be fine to stop.
Yup , I switched from Xanax to Valium then stopped altogether, some withdrawal symptoms may linger on for a few months but should eventually start fading