• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Alcohol Tips for dealing with alcohol withdrawal

Yeah dude most of the posters were going way overboard with the go to the ER thing, you might die, etc. I know alcohol wd is a serious thing. But the way you described your usage I knew you weren't in any danger for a seizure. But if you continue drinking as much as you do in a couple months it will be very bad. Try to slow down buddy. I can relate since I have bad social anxiety and use drugs and alcohol to feel comfortable around people but it's not the life to live. I wish I can have a benzo prescription but the drug addict in me would abuse the hell out of them..

No... Alcohol withdrawal is russian roulette in the body. It is one of the few substances that can cause fatal withdrawal symptoms. So no, noone went overboard. But OP may have over exaggerated his alcohol dependence/usage. Anyways glad you're feeling better OP. Lesson learned, enjoy sober living. Or at least no alcohol until you withdraw and get through this period.

I weigh 140 lbs and am 6'2 and have been drinking this much for about two months... 16 oz of 40proof vodka does not last me one hour, I can guarantee you that.

It took 20 years for me to feel alcohol withdrawal for the first time. Everyone's different. If you're really going through withdrawal after a couple months, you'll have to be careful in the future. You might still be able to drink occasionally. It can't be an everyday thing again once you've been through withdrawal.

No... Alcohol withdrawal is russian roulette in the body. It is one of the few substances that can cause fatal withdrawal symptoms. So no, noone went overboard. But OP may have over exaggerated his alcohol dependence/usage. Anyways glad you're feeling better OP. Lesson learned, enjoy sober living. Or at least no alcohol until you withdraw and get through this period.

Uh yes, many people went overboard. He said he's been drinking semi heavily for 2 months straight. Which can definitely make someone feel shitty and have alot of anxiety especially. But seizure risk at that point is pretty much non existent. He even stated later that day he felt good enough to go out to eat. If someone is in such extreme wd and is at a high risk for a grand mal seizure they don't go out to a restaurant with a family member.

Uh yes, many people went overboard. He said he's been drinking semi heavily for 2 months straight. Which can definitely make someone feel shitty and have alot of anxiety especially. But seizure risk at that point is pretty much non existent. He even stated later that day he felt good enough to go out to eat. If someone is in such extreme wd and is at a high risk for a grand mal seizure they don't go out to a restaurant with a family member.
We had talked to an ER nurse and she advised that I just take it easy and stay home. I wasn't at risk, my symptoms were mild compared to many cases that she had seen but they were still the most excruciating pains I had ever felt in my life tbh. I'm fully over it now luckily and recovery of the mind starts next week I believe. Cheers!

I merged these two threads as the first one is general enough to incorporate the second one

You need to see a doctor, and a support group in the longer term.. I'm a recovering alcoholic and giving it up has been the best decision of my life. Its been two years. Yes I still take illegal drugs, but they didn't completely fuck my life up like alcohol did My doc gave me librium, which helped with the detox. Don't try and do it alone.

To the person directly above me. Regarding the tapering issue, i gave my parents every single one of my debit, credit cards and cash. Then i had no money then had them give me 8 5% beers with no other alcohol in the house. And went down from there. For context i was drinking 12-14 high strength beers a day, You could try something similar. Also do not use vodka use beer. You get drunk to quickly off of hard liquors such as vodka.

Also you could see a doctor as many have said. That would be the best option.

Weight:190