• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Alcohol Tips for dealing with alcohol withdrawal

Psychedalienation

Bluelighter
I am 17. I usually drink 10 or more shots of vodka a day and this day I didnt drink that much. I am screaming in pain. My kidney's are exploding and I am shaking and chattering. I am extremely constipated and and punching myself in the face in pain. What do I do to get through this. I drank like 3-4 shots today bc i thought it would help but it didnt and i have more alcoohol but im not drinking it my parents told me not to bc i should get this out of my systenm. idk if im going to die. mods please edit my post for typos i need help i love you all. I want to quit and am abou to enter rehab soon but not today.

HELP

Last edited by a moderator:
Go to the ER asap. Alcohol withdrawal is no joke and you can die because of seizures etc.
Go to the ER, tell them you're withdrawing from alcohol and they'll help you taper it with benzos or maybe something else.

Go to the ER asap. Alcohol withdrawal is no joke and you can die because of seizures etc.
Go to the ER, tell them you're withdrawing from alcohol and they'll help you taper it with benzos or maybe something else.
I just read your reply out loud to my dad and he said "stau hydrated we are talking to michelle she is an ER nurse". He doesnt want to take me.

I just read your reply out loud to my dad and he said "stau hydrated we are talking to michelle she is an ER nurse". He doesnt want to take me.

That's ridiculous. Alcohol withdrawal can be lethal, so better be safe and go to the ER than be sorry and die.
Tell your dad if you seize and die it's his fault.

How long have you been drinking 10 shots a day?
I guess one shot is 20ml?

That's ridiculous. Alcohol withdrawal can be lethal, so better be safe and go to the ER than be sorry and die.
Tell your dad if you seize and die it's his fault.

How long have you been drinking 10 shots a day?
I guess one shot is 20ml?
Like i dont have a shot glass but i shoplift 1.75 liter bottles of smirnoff or sobieski and pour it into water bottles and drink maybe a half 16fl oz to a full 16 fl oz bottle a day and just drink as i feel like it. it started maybe 2 months ago and now its every single day. i am laying in bed now watching youtube and feelingslightly better but im still shaaky as fuck and scared out of my mind.

Imo you need to go to the ER asap. I'm not sure if withdrawing from two month of approximately 200ml of vodka is enough to kill you, but better be safe and go.
Tell your father he's playing with your life and if he doesn't drive you to the ER you'll call an amublance.

Another thing you could do is to drink a few shots, till you feel better and go to a doctor asap.

Another thing you could do is to drink a few shots, till you feel better and go to a doctor asap.
Im so tempted to but i feel like thats a terrible idea and will make wd's worse later. My dad just talked to me for a while saying theres a nurse right across the street and that hes monitering me. he said to stay distracted so he can be forsure that its not just anxiety and that my symptoms are not enough to go to the ER most likely. he said to get off bluelight and STOP researching bc im freajuing myself out. im very scared and my kidneys kind of hurrt but my symptoms are going away slightly. my main deal is gas pains and kidney pain. the shakiness nad shit doesnt reallty matte tio me rn. drinking sounds so fun and nice rn but i dont know if i should. i yhave like half a wate rbottle of vodka left.

Yes, drinking alcohol now will prolong your withdrawal, but it'll prevent you from withdrawing and maybe seizing right now, so you can go to a doctor today/or Monday if it's to late today to get benzos to taper, but that's just my opinion.

Yes, drinking alcohol now will prolong your withdrawal, but it'll prevent you from withdrawing and maybe seizing right now, so you can go to a doctor today/or Monday if it's to late today to get benzos to taper, but that's just my opinion.
Fuck, okay I will think over this. I greatly appreciate your help and devotion to responding to my thread, your comments have eased my anxiety greatly so thank you very much. If I don't post within the week, just know you did what you could and I appreciated it very much.

And yes, maybe I'm exaggerating, as two month isn't that much, but GABAergics are really tricky as everyone reacts different. But there's a small possibility that you seize and die. I wouldn't risk it, but that's just my opinion.

Fuck, okay I will think over this. I greatly appreciate your help and devotion to responding to my thread, your comments have eased my anxiety greatly so thank you very much. If I don't post within the week, just know you did what you could and I appreciated it very much.
No problem man, that's what I'm here for :)
I really hope you feel better soon!

You should still go to a doctor and get checked out in general as soon as you are able to even if you end up not going to the ER. Could be a panic attack, could be alcohol withdrawal, could be pancreatitis? Who knows?

Another thing you can do, I wouldn't advise it, but it's possible, is to taper with alcohol, like drink 10 shots today, 9 tomorrow, 8 the day after tomorrow and so on and switch to beer after that and taper the beer down.
There's a thread about it, I think over at TDS, I'll try to find it

Edit : http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/417017-Tapering-Alcohol-with-Alcohol
Was considering that, but it would require stealing time and time again which gives me extreme anxiety on its own.

Damn man 17 and you drink this much? A bad hangover is enough to keep me away from alcohol at least for a couple days. I use to steal bottles before I was 21 but they eventually catch on to that shit and then you're fucked. I can relate to the kidney pain as that happens to me when I go on a drinking binge. Stay safe and good luck.

Damn man 17 and you drink this much? A bad hangover is enough to keep me away from alcohol at least for a couple days. I use to steal bottles before I was 21 but they eventually catch on to that shit and then you're fucked. I can relate to the kidney pain as that happens to me when I go on a drinking binge. Stay safe and good luck.
Thanks and yeah, I have an extremely addictive personality and no money for cannabis anymore. I have alot of pain and agony in my life as well as being an extremely sensitive and overly emotional person. I have extreme depression, anxiety, adhd, and insomnia and i have 0 coping skills. I would rather cut corners than live life how it is supposed to be lived. I know all of this and yet here I am :) as always, in pain over some impulsively stupid thing I did to mask the pain of living.

Well I seen your post the other day about xanax bars. If you could get ahold of more of those that would be ideal. It would help the GABA withdrawal greatly and let you sleep so your kidneys have time to heal while not being in pain